ETL Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

You probably won't be able to vow Dante or Mephiston, the rules usually stipulate undercoat at most on the painting front.

Vowing special characters is a good idea, though. It's generally pretty time/point efficient. I'm doing my counts-as Meph and Cypher first up, see where we go from there.

I'll probably do a Dante kitbash, before 8th Ed comes out and he gets nerfed ;)

I'll use Sang Guard bits of course, but can't decide whether to go for single thruster jump pack with wings (my actual Sang Guard don't have wings so he will stand out) do dual thruster pack from the DC kit for the 'classic' look...

May have just put an order into Forgeworld with this competition in mind...

In other news, kick off has been confirmed for 1st May 2015.

I did as well placed it last week my fellblade should be here today or tomorrow because i got express.... Jolemai do you know how long it takes to get an express order once its been shipped?

I did as well placed it last week my fellblade should be here today or tomorrow because i got express.... Jolemai do you know how long it takes to get an express order once its been shipped?

I had one arrive in about a week from England to the US.  That was their free shipping, which I think is an "express" upgrade.

I had one arrive in about a week from England to the US. That was their free shipping, which I think is an "express" upgrade.

The big time killer is customs. If the package is randomly selected by customs add around a week to the time, express or not.

Well, I have nominally:

Kitbashed Captain (Jump pack sans wings - the pose stops me from using them)

Metal MoTF (without Servitors)

Sanguinary Priest (new one)

Tactical Squad

Deredeo Dreadnought

Veteran Contemptor Dreadnought.

And the Marine portion of the Shield of Baal Boxset.

How much of that I can manage to paint considering I've painted nothing this year so far is anyone's guess! laugh.png

Of course I forgot I have an old school BA Captain and a Metal Seth I can vow. Seriously can't understand why I forgot about them! :lol:

Two weeks to go!

Should you want to be ready for the 1st May, any remaining orders for Forgeworld goodies should probably be submitted today.

Again, try to plan out your models and time. Clump them together into manageable chunks. Get them undercoated and get a photo taken of them. If you're using magnets, pledge and paint the most expensive configuration!

We can do this!

Im happy to announce my Fellblade is assembled. My Knight Acheron will be here today. Im trying to figure out what else i need for hobby supplies.

EDIT: to those of you who may not know Army painter Dragon red Color Primer is a life saver for BA players. 

Dug out two more Sanguinary Guard models from my bits box, which will increase my vow to seven biggrin.png

AH Jolemai as to my previous question of FW shipping times I got express and took exactly a week from the day it was shipped to arrive to my door step. Also Is the Sanguinor worth putting in a list or just buying it for the ETL?

I am looking at painting up my Karlean. If I complete that, I am either going to do the 5 man terminator squad from deathstorm or actually paint up my magnetized Predator. I'm leaning towards my predator since I want to see if I can buy some discounted forgeworld BA shoulders for my Deathstorm termies.

One week until kick off!

Folks, use this week to fine tune your planning. Get your models based (if you do that at this point), undercoated and photographed. Make sure you have enough paints, tools, glue, etc. If you mix up your own colours, get them ready on a wet palette/pot ob Wednesday/Thursday next week.

For those of you who are undecided, just remember that every little helps. Even if it's just one model, provided you vow it between the 1st May and 1700 UTC (GMT) on the 1st June it's all good. (In my opinion) all that you need are three base colours to get a model battle ready and I would hope everyone can complete one colour a month! It's a long time and if you plan it out we will get there.

For Sanguinius!

I'm actually a tad unsure what to vow first.

• Ten DC and a Drop Pod (could possibly up this to 15 if I raid my bits box)
  • Seven Terminators and one TDA Librarian
  • Seven Sanguinary Guard and one TDA Captain
  • 3 (maybe six) Bikes, Attack Bike and Librarian on Bike
  • Miscellaneous (i.e. Cypher, Tanks, etc)

Whether or not I can paint that much is another matter entirely!

What or who is cypher?

What or who is cypher?

Link (Please note that I need to update the guide for the current edition, but you get the idea of who he is and what he does for us) ETL-wise, he's a great points per model vow!

At this point, I've got the following built or nearly built, but unprimed. Not sure what exactly I'll vow, lest I fail the team, but there's a lot.

Fire Raptor

Storm Raven

Land Raider Crusader

Las/Plas Razorback

Astorath

Terminator Librarian (w/axe and SS)

Jump Librarian (w/Angel's Wings and Gallian's Staff)

Jump Priest (w/Angel's Wings, PF and Infernus)

Priest/novitiate (base FW apothecary)

Priest/novitiate (base FW apothecary)

Librarian Dread

Fragioso Dread

10x Tac squad (flamers)

10x Tac squad (flamers)

6x Sternguard (2x grav guns, 4x combis)

5x Assault squad (melta)

5x Assault squad (jump packs, flamers)

5x Scouts (w/cloaks and sniper rifles)

5x Assault Terms (2x LC, 3x TH/SS)

That's just what's built. I've got 6x VVs bagged individually for building, plenty of DC to build, SG to build, etc. And a Predator. Oh, and a Knight Castigator. cool.png

The units I'm planning for the ETL:

Vow 1

3 baal predators (405p)
Vow 2
3 razorbacks with TL Las (255p)
Vow 3
5 death company with JP + 1 powerfist (140p)
Vow 4
10 tacticals, vet sgt, heavy flamer, melta gun (170p)

I have to add some parts to the tanks and the DC/Tacticals are still on their sprues :)

Archived