ETL Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

We fought at the forefront of the Great Crusade. We defended the Gates of Terra and for ten thousand years we have fought for humanity as we have fought for each other. Now, as the 41st millennium draws to a close and Baal itself is soon to be besieged by Leviathan, we have another equally perilous task at hand: beating back these ETL upstarts!

Let us unite!

These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands
And always will be
Someday you'll return to
Your valleys and your farms
And you'll no longer burn to be
Brothers in arms

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged higher
And though they did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Now the sun's gone to hell and
The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We are fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Vow what you feel you can do, that's all we ask. It's completions that count above all. If all you can manage is a base cost Techmarine, then that's still more then we would have without it!

There is a limit to 5 vows?

As far as I remember, every ETL has that limit. I'm sure Captain Semper will clarify that though smile.png

Correct. Any further vows are called "out of competition entries".

... And now I return to my scheduled programme of basing. 20 models down, 15 more to go for tonight.

In the past they've needed to be complete by whatever standard you use.  In the past some people have left off basing for later, and some people just don't generally base their models. I do, but keep it simple.

Re: First vows. I'm considering just vowing a character for vow number one that I can bang out over my weekend and add to whatever week one completions we can get. Is that a viable strategy?

One day to go!

My fellow Captains, unite! Take up the paint brush against the heretic, mutant, and traitor! Too long have we suffered at the hands of our rivals; too long have we remained in the shadows whilst these upstarts have taken all the glory. For too long have been the butt of their jokes, been subjected to their incessant taunting, been tormented by abuse. Well, no more!... As the skies darker above Baal, now is our time to strike back! Do not fail in this endeavour our hard earned heritage is at stake!

ETL doors opened early but despite that, our bonus Initiative on the charge means we are ~ third with points pledged. However, we need more! There are 105 followers of this forum, can each of you contribute at least one datasheet for our Faction? One character in three months is certainly doable even if you are stuck for time...

Just posting this here in case anyone missed it:

BA have no regular access to Stormtalons but can get then through two dataslates.

As an example, the Adeptus Astartes Storming requires two Stormtalons and a Stormraven for it to be legal. With that in mind, if someone from Faction:BA wanted to paint a Stormtalon for the ETL could he/she just paint one or would the entire formation need to be completed?

No formation is requited. If the unit can in principle (under whatever circumstances) be used by the Faction legally then it's allowed! smile.png

So that means we can do the following out of Codex entries (should you be that way inclined):

• Stormtalon Gunships Adeptus Astartes Stormwing and Tyrannic War Veterans
  • Bike Command Squad Reclusiasm Command Squad
  • Imperial Knight
  • Marauder Bomber, Marauder Destroyer, Warhound, Reaver
  • Deimos-pattern Predator Executioner See this for permission
  • Inquisitors and/or Henchmen
  • Space Marine Apocalypse formations (within reason)
  • Plasma Obliterator and other fortificaitons, including the Forgeworld Bunker RoB Tiles that have a point's cost.
... and yes, I know this is a grey area but I'm posting it for completion sake and because it increases our options.

It's early days and besides, it's all very well taking a good game, but can they deliver? ;) Focus on what you can do for Faction: BA, that's the most important thing.

(Well technically, real life is the most important thing and the ETL should never get in the way of it, but you know what I mean)

Archived