ETL Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

So looks like I will trying to contribute a tactical squad (all flamered out), Dante, break-dance Lemartes, 5 death company (Rafen squad maybe?), Captain Karlaen, Librarian dreadnought, terminator squad, and if I can find bits to convert one, a Damocles Command Rhino.  

I've got nearly 30 guys built and ready, a Land Raider Crusader ready, a Stormraven ready, one Furioso ready, a Libby dread nearly ready and much, much more resin and plastic to build, including something that weighs in at about 76 melta bombs. msn-wink.gif Hopefully it'll all be prepped in time and vowed in a manageable fashion.

I've got nearly 30 guys built and ready, a Land Raider Crusader ready, a Stormraven ready, one Furioso ready, a Libby dread nearly ready and much, much more resin and plastic to build, including something that weighs in at about 76 melta bombs. msn-wink.gif Hopefully it'll all be prepped in time and vowed in a manageable fashion.

76 melta bombs? im confused

It's an arbitrary unit. Multiply the points cost of a melta bomb by 76 to get the total amount.

Basically, saying the individual points of things is against forum rules as it violates GW's IP, so "talking in melta bombs" is a work around.

I have a Tac squad, 2 Terminator squads, 5 Death Company, 5 Sang Guard, a Mephiston counts-as, a Rhino, Libby Dread and a Drop Pod that all could do with some paint and with a baby on the way the sooner I get it done the better. :P

GREETINGS BROTHERS,

I have been debating whether o not to partake in this years ETL since I havent done so before, but as a Blood Angel at heart and the way my artistic angel wings flap when reading about the ETL. I with a sound mind and a paint brush in hand fighting the Black Rage with every ounce of my being. Just less than 5 minutes ago purchased a Legion Fellblade and Sicaran battle tank with the express delivery so i may get my hands on it sooner! Along with many other of my unpainted angels totaling a whopping 600 melta bombs worth of plastic and resin for my first ETL pledge. I am very excited to help the Blood Angels spread the wings of angelic grace above the competition this year and hope my brothers will pledge more than I! I can't wait to participate! 

Three weeks to go!*

* Until the rumoured start time that is. How is everyone's prep-work coming along? I can't stress enough how much we need a good showing this year.

I have a 5 man bolter death company squad (one with powerfist) just about fully assembled. I also put together a sanguinary priest with jump pack and powersword. Parts for my vanguard vets have been washed and are finishing up drying. I'm considering kitbashing a chaplain by starting out with one of the khorne berserker skull helmets minus the bunny ears.

I just had a horrifyingly heretical thought. I have a close combat chosen squad that could easily count as non jump pack vanguard vets. I'm not sure I could bring myself to vow them as such, however.

Can I do my scratch built imperator titan?  I mean, its kinda just the card board box a refreidgerator came in, but i'll paint it to the 3 color minimum!  Need practice with my airbrush on large units and blending anyway...  That should help the point total, eh?

In seriousness, I've got a command squad, probably 2 scout squads, some drop pods, a dreadnaught, Sicaran, various HQ...

Bleh, not even sure 3 months will be enough.

Looking forward to the motivation tho!

Well, I have nominally:

Kitbashed Captain (Jump pack sans wings - the pose stops me from using them)

Metal MoTF (without Servitors)

Sanguinary Priest (new one)

Tactical Squad

Deredeo Dreadnought

Veteran Contemptor Dreadnought.

And the Marine portion of the Shield of Baal Boxset.

How much of that I can manage to paint considering I've painted nothing this year so far is anyone's guess! laugh.png

This year, I don't want to be a vow breaker. Remember, Brothers, if you miss a vow the whole thing doesn't count, so it is much better to be realistic than over commit.

With that said, I've got Lemartes primed, and plan to paint the space hulk calistarious, the new plastic terminator librarian with a storm shield customization, an old 3rd edition metal terminator librarian, and the current fine cast terminator librarian but in metal.

If I'm really ambitious and so those in groups of two librarians at a time, I'll do a librarian dreadnought conversion that's sat primed for a couple if years.

So for a vow newbie, can you make separate vows? So squad X is one, squad Y another, or do you do all or nothing?

Cheers!

-Orogen

If this years ETL runs along the same lines as previous ones, members can vow up to five times. You have to complete each vow before the next one is started. If your latest vow is not completed before the contest finishes, you lose all of the points vowed.

For example:

Vow 1:

BA Captain

Command squad

Rhino

Vow 2:

Tactical squad

Furioso Dreadnought

Vow 3:

Death Company

Vow 4:

Dante

Vow 5:

Chaplain

If vow 5 is not completed, then eveything vowed (and the points value of each) are lost. That's why it is important to make sure that you're able to complete vows are a comfortable rate for you. More often than not, many small vows are more significant than a few large ones smile.png

The dream team are ready for ETL. I'll probably be pledging them one at a time to give them the right amount of attention, and so I don't risk a big failure over one unfinished dude. EDIT: 5 pledges max, might double up later on if i'm feeling confident.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/IMG_20150412_121609_zpsdnkpzju8.jpg

Archived