..::Kurama Reviews the Horus Heresy Series and Products::..

Hmmm it's much nicer than paris, my only gripe is due to comparing with australia and my own culture.

I'm used to ice cold beer with earthy taste whereas the beer here is too floral, the people don't seem to laugh and joke and the locals don't know how to take the smart arse humor that us aussies seem to present.

But the city is nice the architecture is breathtaking and it's so foreign to me to be around such history and identity (as australia is So young we don't have one yet)

Ohh and why are the pubs named random things like the camel and artichoke?

Do you draw names from a hat or something?

Not all the beer is floral, it really depends on what you get. There's so much great beer here it's unreal. Also, Darksphere it arguably the cheapest option in London for GW stuff (it's certainly the choice of many when ordering online).

What size plugs are those? blink.png

Think that might just be London mate. When I travelled around Oz, I found the humour amazing but then again as someone who regularly troops around Cardiff during rugby international days when the boys in gold are in town I might just be used to it.

As for the pubs, since plenty have been there a hundred years or more all the good names are taken. Pretty much anything relating to lions/stags/bears has been taken.

Speaking of pubs, when you're in Nottingham try and head to the Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. Oldest pub in the world (apparently)

the people don't seem to laugh and joke and the locals don't know how to take the smart arse humor that us aussies seem to present.

That is the south for you :P I lived in Ipswich for about 18 months (dark times) and the people wouldn't even speak to each other out and about. If you said good morning to them they stared at you like you had just insulted their ancestors...

Aww.

Trains are fine for tomorrow to Nottingham. You can check it with http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

The tube strike info can be found at https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/tube/tube-strike basically, all overland transport is fine so it shouldn't be a problem for you.

As for the beer, what have you tried so far? We can probably recommend something decent...

people don't seem to laugh and joke and the locals don't know how to take the smart arse humor that us aussies seem to present.

I would say that's an issue with London due to it being so multi cultural. I was born and raised in north west London and always love to engage in banter, take the piss, say hi to ransoms, etc, and even for me Central London can seem a bit cold in terms hospitality. As for the beer, depends what you get. We have a massive selection, sort of sounds like your grabbing the ales which are definitely a required taste.

That's coz it's advertised to us as the Australian beer, it's not our fault, it's the advertisers ;p

As for beer temp, traditionally ales are served at room temp, brings out the flavours. For me Largers and ciders are better cold, although I went to a pub in Belgium where they drank Stella at room temp which seems odd to me. Remember we live in a country where cold and grey is the set temperature and 2 or 3 days off 27 degrees Celsius is seen as a good summer.

Stay here and drink for long enough, you'll eventually find a beer you love.

Atiitudes are a bit colder in the bigger cities, especially in central London. Enjoy your stay.

Ahhh censored.gif hmm that's not good, Bloody ashes.

So I've grabbed 2 fire raptors today pics incoming and im loving this place it's truly heaven

Sorry it was just too much of a good chance to pass up. Glad you're enjoying the real attraction in Nottingham however. Have you taken the plunge into the Exhibition halls yet?

No ill be doing dark sphere tomorrow, spent all night out on the town.

And the exhibition hall I've been through 3 times.... it's unbelievable that's all I can say.

The exclusive Tanks look OK for 40k I just can't think of a practical use for them in 40k.

I'm just overwhelmed buy all the awesome hobby goodness here

No ill be doing dark sphere tomorrow, spent all night out on the town.

And the exhibition hall I've been through 3 times.... it's unbelievable that's all I can say.

The exclusive Tanks look OK for 40k I just can't think of a practical use for them in 40k.

I'm just overwhelmed buy all the awesome hobby goodness here

Be honesty I would never leave the exhibition hall's If I had the chose.  But yes as said you see how, it cool having & see photos........but it nothing like seen it in the flesh.  Seen the Chaos vs Ultramarine one was like a hobby shell shock because how cool it was.  I knew that was one I wanted to see from seen Warhammer World open day program.........but never expecting the display be on that scale.

Also make sure check out the t-shirt Forge World sell.  I'm hoping stock up on a few more Iron Warrior once next time I'm down there.  Have you bought much from the Forge World store yet?

Yeah Bugmans XXXX is quite a nice pint, the troll one was ok aswell. 

(If they still have Hobgoblin on tap you are breaking Imperial and British law by not buying one btw).

No hobgoblin but they had an amazing dark ale and one called ghost ship.

I caved and bought the Rhino and Land Raider aswell.

IP- I honestly couldn't believe the size of it, and my lady has given me the approval to build a similar display for a battle board.

Just went to GW Nottingham and met the manager elliot great guy happy to have met him.

Now it's the train back to london then ill upload pics etc.

Quick word of warning to take care in Nottingham. Elven Australians have suffered a severe beating this morning in the city

This is one of the best posts I've read! Thanks for the laugh, good sir.

No hobgoblin but they had an amazing dark ale and one called ghost ship.

I caved and bought the Rhino and Land Raider aswell.

IP- I honestly couldn't believe the size of it, and my lady has given me the approval to build a similar display for a battle board.

Just went to GW Nottingham and met the manager elliot great guy happy to have met him.

Now it's the train back to london then ill upload pics etc.

Your making me want to go. Sounds like I'll need so big cash to take though. Glad you had a good time there mate. Hope the hassel of no trains ain't giving you a bad impression of London (my home city so proud of the place).

Shame they had no hobgoblin, one of my fav beers.

Archived