Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

So the English bears out almost exactly what the translation said...

Yeah, I said previously this box makes almost no sense without some kind of detachment/squad/rule adjustment.

Or they are assuming that all DA players play Unbound or something.

I am shocked. The flood gates open now.... what does this really mean?

Are we in the codex? And potentially a supplement?

Or does this just mean we get Grav devs? If so, does this mean we can take grav bikers? 

Could you imagine Ravenwing with a squad of 'troop' bikes with Grav along side Black Knights with Talons? Wow. 

... that Dev squad image alone almost certainly means new DA Codex very soon.

In my opinion anyway <_<.

It also wouldn't surprise me if grav guns were pegged back a little either by way of a slight wack with the nerf bat, or a points increase.

We will not get rolled. The big 4 have gotten their upgrade sprues. The big 4 have their schemes depicted on the boxes. The big 4 have their own books.

Much more interesting is the access to a Grav Cannon. This might means Tacs might get one. Combat squad Melta/CM sarge and Grav Cannon in a pod to have maximum mileage on arrival. Solid.

Edit: According to a guy who has seen the book, Grav Cannons cost almost double of the LC, which I assume means 35pts.

Always so cynical Ulfgrim laugh.png!

I'm seldom unexpectedly disappointed and often pleasantly surprised. Believe me, I want all these goodies as much as anyone else but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, right? :D

The ravenwing battle force is up on the NZ site too!

I don't think that we are getting rolled into the SM codex. They are releasing seven special edition SM codexes and the DA are not one of them.

But I wager the biggest change DW will see is Belial. Given how every codex has lost the ability to do so, I think we can safely assume Belial will lose the ability to make Terminators troops. That's really been the only draw to using him as far as I'm concerned as his statline and weaponry can easily be recreated with an Interrogator Chaplain or Company Master in TDA with a MoR. SO I think we could get what he deserves and that is being brought in line with Lysander, or drop to like 130 points because that's about the neighborhood that I think he belongs in.

Hey, I remember that time when he was 130 points, room him in nearly every list, he was a steal. Since the DW command squads were troops with him at the time it also didn't sting so much dropping in one of those with him.

... that Dev squad image alone almost certainly means new DA Codex very soon.

In my opinion anyway dry.png.

It also wouldn't surprise me if grav guns were pegged back a little either by way of a slight wack with the nerf bat, or a points increase.

Yea I think it's actually a broken concept. I played an experimental game tonight (I know it's still rumours... but still.) It's just incredibly strong. Throw salvo grav on bikes... it's better than Grav Centurions.

Grav bikes plus the Devs are going to change the game over night. I guarantee it unless they change Grav. I hear it's 40 points per model on the Devs.

You drop these on a Knight, it's gone. You take Tigurius, and if he's not significantly changed, he's removing cover, twinlinking... It will be a different game after the codex comes out maybe more so than I would have thought before hand.

Let's put it this way, it was VERY smart of GW to put out Knights before Grav-dex. Personally I hope I'm wrong.

Unless Centurions change, we won't want them. They'll be dead weight... slow, can't pod (allegedly), can't over watch, no invuln, cumbersome to transport. Bikes and Devs will make them obsolete.

I keep saying this, but termies need massive overhauling. (I just lost 13 of 15 termies in one turn.)

Dark Angels getting Grav is really cool. I just don't want it to be 'the' build going forward. :)

Hopefully Grav in a Tac squad will be a thing for us - but if the points are the same he is going to become a precarious asset that needs some nurturing, he would become the target of a lot more attention than your usual Tac marine HW choice.

The Battleforce looks OK, but what I am really, REALLY, disappointed with is that we are atill getting the old fairings/back banners. I know they haven't redone the RW sprue, but I still reckon that would have been a really easy way to give us a revamp.

I am normally pretty patient, but this wait is killing me!

Edit: autocorrect fail.

Unless Centurions change, we won't want them. They'll be dead weight... slow, can't pod (allegedly), can't over watch, no invuln, cumbersome to transport. Bikes and Devs will make them obsolete.

I keep saying this, but termies need massive overhauling. (I just lost 13 of 15 termies in one turn.)

Dark Angels getting Grav is really cool. I just don't want it to be 'the' build going forward. :)

I think both (dev and centurions) have their point.

Centurions can fire on the move while devastator will halve their firepower if they do so.

Pod won't be an issue as we can bet that SM and DA will get empty pods as FA slots. (though I think pod should be forbidden for them like rhino are forbidden for termis)

No in save for centurions? But deva dont have an inv save either.

Actually what bother me the most with the grav cannons is the amplifier. It is auto included in every grav cannons of the codex... To me, the re roll on vehicle is too much considering the number of hits it does, and I wonder why GW creates something looking like an upgrade and include it systematically...

A pure Grav army will fail against medium saves, massed transports or IK. The things is, of the meta shifts towards massed Grav alpha strike, then people will play resilient armies with medium saves or cheap transport spam to mitigate that Grav. One unit or two smaller ones to bring the Grav pain is enough. Rest should still be your usual assortment of Meltas or Assault Cannons if you ask me.

If we get grav I'd be pretty happy I mean that's a heck of a way to improve scouts for example who could use a combi grav quite well, or a grav pistol on the sgt.

And tactical marines could make use of them when sprinkled in.

Veterans would be beast with gravs, storm shield them and grav combi pod them and now you have a deep strike grav bomb of death justice laser death (to quote emgo the freakin geek himself!) that has a 3+ invul.

I could see veterans becoming popular as a drop troop if this is more than just a paint job.

This also basically reinforces the idea that something big is coming for our codex and you all best be prepared for it like I am.

Archived