Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

Anything that makes Centurions obsolete is a good thing msn-wink.gif

-err... are you sure you want to say that? Centurions are slow, and can't fire overwatch. They are horrid in close combat, and cumbersome to relocate. I play them with my Ultra's and most of these issues are irrelevant with the Gravistator build.

5 Devs with 4 Grav Cannons with Amp in pod will cost over 200pts, assuming the guy told the truth and Dev ppm stays the same. If you want to get a full unit for ablative wounds, it will be more expensive Cents.

- This is true, but doesn't dissuade me from taking them over Centurions. Especially since Assault Centurions appear to be getting a boost. The perfect blend will be Gravistators assisted with Bike Grav.

Unless Centurions change, we won't want them. They'll be dead weight... slow, can't pod (allegedly), can't over watch, no invuln, cumbersome to transport. Bikes and Devs will make them obsolete.

I keep saying this, but termies need massive overhauling. (I just lost 13 of 15 termies in one turn.)

Dark Angels getting Grav is really cool. I just don't want it to be 'the' build going forward. smile.png

I think both (dev and centurions) have their point.

Centurions can fire on the move while devastator will halve their firepower if they do so.

Pod won't be an issue as we can bet that SM and DA will get empty pods as FA slots. (though I think pod should be forbidden for them like rhino are forbidden for termis)

No in save for centurions? But deva dont have an inv save either.

Actually what bother me the most with the grav cannons is the amplifier. It is auto included in every grav cannons of the codex... To me, the re roll on vehicle is too much considering the number of hits it does, and I wonder why GW creates something looking like an upgrade and include it systematically...

- I mention Invulns just to say it's not like they're Obliterators in survivability. I would do a total breakdown for you, giving you every reason why a Gravistator unit is far superior to a Centurion unit, but this isn't the place for it. Suffice to say, personally, 10 out of 10 times, unless grav is turned down, or priced through the roof, I would take Gravistators every day.

- The Gravdex is going to be a huge game changer, more than Nercrons, or even Eldar I predict. If Dark Angels get them too.... wow.... combined with bike armies, plasmatalon squads combined with grav vanilla bike squads? Gees is that going to be potent. Bikes with grav are fantastic because they don't really have a weakness, and can swap firing between anti-spam and anti-elite. Combine that with Ravenwing bonuses it has incredible potential.

- Agreed on the amplifier. The amps take Centurions to the next level. Devs getting this are... kind of a surprise to me.

Currently it's not that great vs superheavies though

- Oh how's that? For example, you put a Knight on the table. I ask you which way the shield is facing. I take my pod and place it to one of your non-shielded sides.

- Assuming I have no Tactical Doctrine or other trick up my sleeve, I fire a minimum of 12 Grav Shots. If the squad is still there that would be 20 Grav shots (or if I find a way to relentless for a turn.) Plus whatever I give the Sarg. If rumours are true, I'll twinlink that round. The cannons will give me all re-rolls on the pen/wound chart.

- If I also have the bike squad running, or a second dev squad, or even a melta pod, or grav Tactical pod.... you get the point... I'm not sure that Knight is going to be there.

I think that's 'okay' against superheavies. Personally the only thing I see as a problem is Wraithknights because they'll get feel no pain ,and can be re-fed wounds.

A pure Grav army will fail against medium saves, massed transports or IK. The things is, of the meta shifts towards massed Grav alpha strike, then people will play resilient armies with medium saves or cheap transport spam to mitigate that Grav. One unit or two smaller ones to bring the Grav pain is enough. Rest should still be your usual assortment of Meltas or Assault Cannons if you ask me.

- I agree. I don't like it, but I agree. I see Knights though as disappearing during this 'phase' of meta shifting, and I suppose it's why they released the Knights before Grav-dex.

- For a while GW was pushing us into mini apoc: flyers, buldings, superheavies. Now they're releasing codexes that deal with them cheaply, and easily. My Superheavies get blicked by New-Dar now. (It's not uncommon for me to be getting hit regularly with D from them now. This was unheard of months ago really.) Gauss is back to its former glory, and now you have Grav.... Grav requires the same effort to remove two rhinos from play as it does one knight. There is no difference to Grav. So in this part I agree with you.... which would you rather lose?

All I'm saying here is 'rumours' considered as truth (I know that's a big leap), I don't think Grav making it to our codex is anything less than -extremely good-!!!!

Can we agree on that? ;)

(that being said I pre-ordered 2 boxes!)

Errr, if I'm not mistaken the shield is declared during the shooting phase. Not at the start of the turn.

I can see your argument but that said, relying on 6"s can be quite tough when the dice gods are stingy.

I find killing gargantuan creatures with grav all too easy. The rate of fire is too good. That said, once eldar cast invisibility on the wraithknight, it's time for you to cry.

Errr, if I'm not mistaken the shield is declared during the shooting phase. Not at the start of the turn.

I can see your argument but that said, relying on 6"s can be quite tough when the dice gods are stingy.

I find killing gargantuan creatures with grav all too easy. The rate of fire is too good. That said, once eldar cast invisibility on the wraithknight, it's time for you to cry.

Yea the guy I play also feeds wounds back to it, and gives it re-rolls (thankfully he failed invis.)

I guess my personal feeling is this plethora of Grav will change many things for many armies. I honestly never thought I'd see the day we'd get Grav. 

All i want is my favorite Chapter not be the worst dex at the moment, i want to run my 35 termentators  in one deep strike, i want my Ravens to hunt the fallen and the hertics and want my basic dudes to hold the ground and not take a single step back. I want azreal to be a badass, Asmodai to make space marines feel fear, and my Nephilim to be the hunter of the skys. My dark angels have been little use for a long time but this rumor gives me something frobbiden, hope. We may be a broken mess but we are still a legion, the only one left and are secound wind is coming. So here IS to a decent codex and a bit of hope.

and then we find that its is just another case of gw painting models and taking pics of them regardless of actual in game legality. im looking at you deathwing box with a sarge in the command squad dry.png

and then we find that its is just another case of gw painting models and taking pics of them regardless of actual in game legality. im looking at you deathwing box with a sarge in the command squad dry.png

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

That's exactly my concern. Others have taken an image to be a "100% guarantee" but I am not so easily convinced. I'll believe it when I read it in the next (yet-to-be-anounced) Codex.

How can something be 100% guaranteed if there isn't even a 100% guarantee we're getting a new Codex any time soon?

Steady the line boys.

The new Assault squad comes with different weapons and rules in the box. If this happens with the new Devs too, then at worst, this will be our way to get grav weapons into our lists as well. It would also explain the green paint scheme too.

But I'm still holding out for a full on Codex though.

Looking at the rules in the assault box, I didn't see anything that specifically let non-Codex chapters use the new rules. (Though I will admit I only saw oneside of the sheet).  The Command Tanks specifically said that they could be used by DA, BA and SW as well - did the assault squad have similar verbiage?  Because if so, then yes, it's a lot more likely that the same will apply to Devs.  But if it just provides a generic Space Marine statline, I'm not so sure that applies to DA also.

It would be a lot nicer if a new codex was on the horizon to settle this all, once and for all. (Well, until next time, at least).

I think that if we are allowed to have the excelsior which by itself is a grav weapons platform then we need to ask why other elements of our army don't have grav weapons as well? And that makes the idea of us not having grav weapons

Looking at the rules in the assault box, I didn't see anything that specifically let non-Codex chapters use the new rules. (Though I will admit I only saw oneside of the sheet).  The Command Tanks specifically said that they could be used by DA, BA and SW as well - did the assault squad have similar verbiage?  Because if so, then yes, it's a lot more likely that the same will apply to Devs.  But if it just provides a generic Space Marine statline, I'm not so sure that applies to DA also.

It would be a lot nicer if a new codex was on the horizon to settle this all, once and for all. (Well, until next time, at least).

It is.  There is a reason a new DA codex is dropping so quickly on the heels of the new SM codex.  Why DA, and not also SW and BA? Because SW and BA have their own specific kits which cover everything for them, while the DA do not.  So, guess what DA are going to be using?  Can you guess?  (Psst!  The Dev Squad pic is a really big hint.)

I'm with Ulf. I will not believe it until I see the black and white of the new Codex. Too late on the grab have to wait. Picked up a second knight to run as allies with my RW squadron. Let you know how they stand up to grav when I face it.

Is it too late to enter ETL? I am just starting work on some DW Knights.

I too am in the "believe it when I see it in blak and white (colour pictures have lied to us too much in the past)" camp. If the recent trends hold true though we shouldn't have to wait more than a week it so before the leaks start to trickle out.

I am keeping my plasma dry until the release of the potential new Dex is concrete, there is no way that the (Domestic) Supreme Grand Master would sanction the purchase of two "books about toy soldiers" in the same month!

Keep that Grim Resolve men...

Your Grim Resolve is nothing compared to the power of Zeal.

But if DA get no Grav, no big loss. Allying across the entire Imperium is the current trend for SM Chapters anyway.

Repent! * drags him to the rock to meet asmodai *

I like the sword in the devastator kit, different to anything we've seen before.

I'm also looking forward to some new artwork on and in the new DA codex. Just one of the little things I always enjoy about a new book.

Your Grim Resolve is nothing compared to the power of Zeal.

But if DA get no Grav, no big loss. Allying across the entire Imperium is the current trend for SM Chapters anyway.

Repent! * drags him to the rock to meet asmodai *
ha

Anyway I'm hoping they do a number on asmodai'a rule set. He really need a major facelift, either make him pants cheap or make him get jacked. Put him on a treadmill or some nonsense he needs to hit the gym.

Check the N&R DA thread. Some guy claims to have seen the next Visions and did not see the Chaplain in it and assumes that it will a July release. Unlikely, as July and September seem to be the Fantasy months, but still worth taking a minor note.

Check the N&R DA thread. Some guy claims to have seen the next Visions and did not see the Chaplain in it and assumes that it will a July release. Unlikely, as July and September seem to be the Fantasy months, but still worth taking a minor note.

maybe we have two weeks of releases? If that's the case we could get new plastic.

maybe we have two weeks of releases? If that's the case we could get new plastic.

Nah, a reliable source said that we will only get the clampack and a codex. Our codex should be at the same price as the eldar one.

We have 2 differing reports of what's in visions, I'm going with the pictures.

If the interrogator-chaplain and librarian aren't in this months issue, what is? Twice as many pages of golden demon entries that we can already find on the Internet?

Seems like a very sparse issue of an already low content magazine.

That's why I don't buy it.  I was hoping the pics of the Chap would be in this one but they're sealed and I don't buy sight unseen.

So if they are a recap of last month's releases, what is in this week's issue?  Seems that the people who were using this picture to support the idea of a Codex release just got a weaker position for it.  We'll know soon enough.

Oh, just re-read news and rumours thread. He has the latest visions ie last months releases, not next months visions with this months releases (what a stupid magazine). Things make more sense when you read them properly ;)

Still won't rule out a codex as visions doesn't cover them (at least they didn't when I last read one), but the codex space marine leaks and previews at least make me pretty confident we haven't been rolled into that.

Archived