Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

I would expect by this time next week we're going to have a very good idea of WHAT exactly is going to be in this codex.  This week will probably see a lot of SM content that will give us insight to what's happening to our codex.  The formations in our book are going to be the key though, I'm just hoping for less of the Vs Chaos rules and more of a Vs Everyone approach.

I don't know how the Strike force ultra is considered inflexible when we have a whole section of Dark Angels lists which consist of multiple land raiders and terminators.  Time will tell! I'm getting excited, if not for the simple fact that for better or worse we are getting something new.

Well, at the risk of viewing events through dark green tinted specs, the Armies menu of the GW UK website now prefixes all Space Marine armies as Adeptus Astartes.

Significant for me in that it points to the IP rebranding of Space Marines, meaning all SM codeci will be "Codex Adeptus Astartes", thus I have more confidence now we (and in fairness the Wolves and Grey Knights) will get new books in short order.

They wouldn't DARE just rebadge the existing publications as Adeptus Astartes...

Yeah but who wants to muck around with the denizens of the NRA board!

I saw the mention of terminators being 5 points cheaper.  If that's the case, we could see as much as a 9 point decreased to our DW if GW wisened up to the unreasonable 4pt increase for DW for having Inner Circle/DWA/Assault terms in one squad

All of the Chapter tactics were given "for free" to the Vanilla codex (see white scars and bikes).  So I would hope they recognize to do the same to us.

Terminators need help all over this game, not just our codex (though ours needs it the most).

Well GW have at last seen the light and are doing the C:SM first -- all subsequent ones will follow from it and add their own flavour.

We are no longer the 'experimental' codex.

Guys, bad news. Although TDA were shown having 2 Heavy Weapons per 5man, they do not have that option in the codex. Chances are good that Grav Devs and Tacs will not be an option for DA.

Do you have a source for this dire news?

Guys, bad news. Although TDA were shown having 2 Heavy Weapons per 5man, they do not have that option in the codex. Chances are good that Grav Devs and Tacs will not be an option for DA.

Second hand from two guys who have held/currently hold the Codex. Tomorrow I will get a picture with confirmation, but I would not hold my breath.

Second hand from two guys who have held/currently hold the Codex. Tomorrow I will get a picture with confirmation, but I would not hold my breath.

Holding the SM codex? So it's a transitive thing? The pictures showed SM TDA with 2 heavy weapons, and a picture showed the DA with Grav. Since the SM TDA picture is false according to the SM codex (supposedly) then the DA Grav picture may be false as well?

We're pretty far down the rabbit hole. I hope we get some DA info soon, instead of trying to hold the scraps of DA rumors up to the C:SM Rosetta Stone.

Edit: I just saw someone pointed out a fairly damning thing about the DA Grav picture. They're not on 32mm bases.

GW and Pictures...   Anybody looked at the standard SM bike picture in the webstore..  Or the Squadron?...  It only took 5 years  to remove the picture of the metal Attack Bike from the webstore after the plastic was released....  (exaggerated for effect, I have no clue when the plastic came out just that they fixed the pict last year)

RWCS, DWCS with illegal options...  Tac squad with two specials AND  a heavy on the box cover...   Pictures mean nothing as I stated last week...

And Hope is the gateway to Heresy...

Edit:

CarbonBased, on 08 Jun 2015 - 1:11 PM, said:

Edit: I just saw someone pointed out a fairly damning thing about the DA Grav picture. They're not on 32mm bases.

Ermm  Yeah I think it is...  Marine legs ALMOST dont fit on 25s anymore and there is plenty of space from the edge of foot to edge of base.

Well GW have at last seen the light and are doing the C:SM first -- all subsequent ones will follow from it and add their own flavour.

We are no longer the 'experimental' codex.

No, they are releasing it first. We have no way of knowing when the rules were created and what information may have been shared during development, if any.

I'm trying to keep yer spirits up. Jitters abound!!

On the other hand...  Those Generals who know how to win at our current power level, given a balanced (relatively powered to C:SM)  book,  will wreck face on a regular basis and make it look like our codex is overpowered...  (And I will start winning those games that are close instead of losing....)

On the other hand...  Those Generals who know how to win at our current power level, given a balanced (relatively powered to C:SM)  book,  will wreck face on a regular basis and make it look like our codex is overpowered...  (And I will start winning those games that are close instead of losing....)

Frankly, I would not welcome great power changes. Right now I am doing just fine vs new Eldar and Necrons tournament lists and I enjoy being the underdog. Becoming mainstream will just have smartarses call you a power gamer and shun you, even though you played them long before they were in. Now, I can not claim to be an old-school veteran like most of you. I started to dabble in DA when they came out in 6ed and have been playing them on and off whenever I did not know what to try next. I enjoy them not for their power level, but their flavour. I would take a weaker book with flavour than a bland one without.

Frankly, I would not welcome great power changes. Right now I am doing just fine vs new Eldar and Necrons tournament lists and I enjoy being the underdog. Becoming mainstream will just have smartarses call you a power gamer and shun you, even though you played them long before they were in. Now, I can not claim to be an old-school veteran like most of you. I started to dabble in DA when they came out in 6ed and have been playing them on and off whenever I did not know what to try next. I enjoy them not for their power level, but their flavour. I would take a weaker book with flavour than a bland one without.

The Stockholm syndrome sets in quickly with DA :P

I just read in C:SM Rumours that White Scars lost hit and run; if true that must make Ravenwing Knights feel a bit more specialererer.

In the rumoured new dex for us I wonder if they would lose it lose it too or if we are the truly special bike hunters of the Marheen world.

I think it bodes well for the BKs and CSs but might be an indication that we won't see much of a price drop for our regular bikes. Just a feeling, nothing proven or rumour worthy ;)

2c

Damn it Stobz, I was just about to write the Hit and Run thing :D

Either way, this will put the SW WS Wolf Star to bed. If Sammael keeps his Hit and Run, then that will be the new way to play it. Same goes for the Bike Command Squad Star being dominated by Ravenwing... If they keep Hit and Run that is. Interesting.

Well it seems like, as ever, the SM will steal us one of our features... This year it's the conclave formation <_<

On the other hand I'm curious to know if SW, BA and DA may have access to some formations if the units inside exist in their own codex...

Ex : The LR formation... Will DA be allowed to field them AND GIVE THEM DA TANK UPGRADE?

Because when you read this :

No Land Raider Squadrons, but one Formation (3 Land Raiders of any type). They reroll to wound vs Gargantuan Creatures and to penétrate vs Superhevies. If they are at 6″ of any other Raider of the formation, they ignore any result on the damage chart but destroyed.

To get the benefit of the tank squadrons you need 3 of them. You lose the benefit if you lose a tank.

Do you imagine like me what may give such formation with 3 DEATHWING UPGRADES? :devil:

Yup, it's explode...

And actually it would be funny if GW has done again "GW style" when writing the rules... Because technically if you ignore any other result than explode on a damage chart, what if you ignore the 1-5 result on the "D-weapon damage chart"

:lol:

Pure speculation of course but funny reflexion ;)

Yup, it's explode...

And actually it would be funny if GW has done again "GW style" when writing the rules... Because technically if you ignore any other result than explode on a damage chart, what if you ignore the 1-5 result on the "D-weapon damage chart"

laugh.png

Pure speculation of course but funny reflexion msn-wink.gif

Then you would be spending more time discussing the rule as opposed to playing. But GW has been fairly clear in distinguishing the Vehicle Damage Chart from other.

Damage is still sustained, but the special effects of any damage are ignored (other than the "Destroyed" effect). Hull Points of damage are not special effects.

A tidal wave of info just dropped on C: SM.  Another 10 days or so ought to see us set right.

Okay people, too much off topic and speculation going on. Last warning before a temporary closing and purge of this thread. I know it's exciting times but the off topic and speculation only exacerbate negative feelings. Cheers!

Okay people, too much off topic and speculation going on. Last warning before a temporary closing and purge of this thread. I know it's exciting times but the off topic and speculation only exacerbate negative feelings. Cheers!

Wise words. QFT.

Still waiting on the WD leak though. One single line on the last page will decide our fate in the near future. Be on the look-out for WD leaks.

Archived