IL XIII - The Eagle Warriors

AlphariusOmegon108

Holy . . .

Are you a Tech-Adept with several Servo-arms? Or do you have a bunch of little Watchers in the Dark?

Your speed is insane. ^^

:tu:

Anesidora is my draft name for the world where Alexos gets his first inkling of the truth. Where do we want him to meet the emissaries of the Gods?

+++++

Alexos knew that if the Eagle Warriors were to seek out the truth, they would have to do so in the utmost secrecy. To this end, the majority of the Legion would remain in plain view, ignorant of their Primarch's goal, while smaller fleets would run far ahead of the main Crusade. Ostensibly operating in a similar capacity to the outrider elements of the Void Eagles and Crimson Lions, their true purpose was to investigate any Warp-tainted planets they encountered, and catalogue all the information they could find on the empyrean. These goals demanded several things from the outrider fleets.

The first was that they must be largely self-sustaining, necessitating large numbers of Apothecaries as well as the participation of numerous Magi, who were drawn largely from Cognis. Foremost among the Apothecaries was Ixtlatl, a longtime advocate for gene-augmentation and cloning. Now he had an opportunity to test his esoteric hypothesis.

Furthermore, as time went on they began to expand. Small human colonies were harvested for recruits and serfs; Alexos' orders made it clear that all other priorities were subordinate to the viability of the fleets. Their numbers would be swelled further on those occasions when, for appearance's sake or out of necessity, they would call upon a detachment from the main Legion forces. These also served as opportunities to impart their discoveries to Alexos or his closest lieutenants. Those who had not been with him on Anesidora were excluded, for fear that they would not readily join in with his new quest.

Thus, as the outrider fleets grew in manpower and vessels as they appropriated vessels salvaged from the void or taken by force, they became in effect a second Legion vying to become the only true sons of Alexos.

How much does his split persona influence.the.fluff?

Hmm. Well I could throw in references to it as a cause of the degeneration of the Eagle Warriors legion and then it could effect how things go when the EW are pulling themselves back together under his leadership and head off on a crusade to find the truth of the galaxy or in search of the fulfillment of a prophecy 

Depending on which persona is atm the leader the style of the army could varying. If a remembrancer would then describe the tactics on similar occasions but they were.totally different thst would be a cool tool to show alexos insanity without using the hammermethod

Depending on which persona is atm the leader the style of the army could varying. If a remembrancer would then describe the tactics on similar occasions but they were.totally different thst would be a cool tool to show alexos insanity without using the hammermethod

True. So maybe one exemplary battle from before Alexos was discovered, one when it's Alexos and a third when it's Sagitarii? And then references to different styles of compliance when a different persona is dominant

Hmm. Well I could throw in references to it as a cause of the degeneration of the Eagle Warriors legion and then it could effect how things go when the EW are pulling themselves back together under his leadership and head off on a crusade to find the truth of the galaxy or in search of the fulfillment of a prophecy 

Thing is, the Legion isn't on a Crusade. A particular, growing element of it is, but most of the old guard remain in ignorance until Alexos finds his "truth."

I reckon our Ingethel should be based on Huitzilopochtli. Ilhicatl can work as the base for the name of the world/Warp rift where the revelation takes place.

Thing is, the Legion isn't on a Crusade. A particular, growing element of it is, but most of the old guard remain in ignorance until Alexos finds his "truth."

I reckon our Ingethel should be based on Huitzilopochtli. Ilhicatl can work as the base for the name of the world/Warp rift where the revelation takes place.

I know they're not on a Crusade(well, some are but yiu get what I mean) but I mean throwing references in to Alexos switching personalities.

• 2 weeks later...

Through the blaze of smoke he came,
An eagle descending from skies of Hell,
Spear and talon wreathed in flame,
As mortal men by the thousands fell.

Alone he stood in a sea of gore,
The daemon reaped his bloody toll,
And from the Chaos came a roar,
The voice of a demigod made whole.

http://i.imgur.com/y5IJgRx.jpg

Well, his look was described to me as "Aztec", so I suppose it makes sense. Just started looking more into the Feathered Serpent, and he apparently has a dark twin brother, Xolotl, associated with lightning and death... And also the god of monsters. It almost seems like a hint toward Alexos' twin personalities.

#illuminati

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"In the end, death comes for us all"

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o582/alexander_plaizier1/13082016_warhammer30kmichaeleisenhart_by_aituarmanas-dalg7eb_zpsdmmhul5z.png

Our (Mikhail and myself) commisioned piece of Alexos' last fight with Gwal on Terra itself, this amazing piece was created by the talented Aituarmanas

let us know what you think!

And here in high res. Lot of details were cut off in low res. So big, it belongs behind a spoilertag.

http://orig01.deviantart.net/615b/f/2016/291/9/d/13082016_warhammer30kmichaeleisenhart_by_aituarmanas-dalg7eb.png
Edited by MikhalLeNoir