IL XIII - The Eagle Warriors

AlphariusOmegon108

Am I the only one who has the impression that those sleeves look like worms or maggots feasting on the Knight from within? :O

Maaaaybe the wires were supposed to show how the darkness of chaos slowly consumed the knights from within ;) so good guess!

As I said:

Bait-Overwhelm-Crrrrrrruuuuuuushhhhh

But wouldn't it really make more sense to send only worthless Soldiers? Those cloned Marines

There are times, when the terranborns were extinct, and then?

Of course you could always send those who lost the favor of their primarch, but thousands of? I know Travier is insane but thousands of disfavoured? He has reeeeeeaally high stakes;)

The bait/prey could of course be some special squad with high regards too. Those who are soon to be dead - I bet there is a special word fot that in mexicaatii

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The bait/prey could of course be some special squad with high regards too. Those who are soon to be dead - I bet there is a special word fot that in mexicaatii

Hey that's the Black Guard's shtick! Oh yeah...they don't exist as a legion in this universe...

Carry on then

Edited by Sigismund229

I'd like to point out that Alexos has potential access to millions of expendable people- the prison population of Nova Imperium. With Icarion's approval, he seeds Chaos cults throughout penal colonies and prisons et voilà, fanatical army.

So a few scenes from the Great Games on Terra have taken shape in my head, and here's one in draft form:

In the mountain city of Orioc, great halls had been given over to a museum and gallery celebrating the victories of Mankind. A painting of Daer'dd and Odyssalas, side by side as they brought destruction to the Laer. An engraving of Niklaas, standing triumphant with his hammer raised. Image after image that would surely inspire awe in any human.

Yet Alexos felt only disgust as he stalked the hallways. The narcissistic Imperium raised monuments to itself, compounding the act by placing one of those in the same place where the last priests of Terra were dragged from their halls by the Stygian Phantoms. He had to restrain himself so as not to scream at the fools around him and try to enlighten them as to where they should direct their worship.

But he knew he must be patient. The path had been revealed to him, and if he could endure just a few more decades of quiet work then he would see Mankind bow to true divinity. And he swore that the day that work was completed, he would raise the greatest temple of all on this spot. Then humanity would know who they owed their devotion.

-----

No games there, I admit. They will feature properly in the others

Edited by bluntblade

I've hit on Ixiptlatlan as a personal title for the EW to refer to their primarch. Ixiptlatli was a term for the practice ofmAztec priests impersonating gods and serving as their avatars, and seemed rather fitting.

Also, Grimdark ritual coming soon.

• 1 month later...

Still pondering how the EW would behave after the reunion; I think Alexos should abandon his gods for several decades, until he comes across something that echoes the old faith from Mexicatii.

Their gene experiments could begin as a drive to improve themselves, and continue to be viewed as such as time goes on.

• 3 weeks later...

AO and I discussed this, so here's the summary of what we decided.

Alexos, for several decades, does believe himself to be corrected, serving largely under Icarion's guidance. Then he witnesses a Warp occurrence for himself, and this kicks off several reactions. He feels somewhat betrayed by Icarion, but it's nothing to how he now sees his father's actions. All the same, it's not an instant flip and not a Lorgar "there must be gods" thing.

Keeping the older elements of the Legion very visible to the rest of the Crusade, he begins to covertly expand the rest and, under the guise of serving as scouts, sends small fleets way out into the far reaches, searching for some clues as to what these things he served - the things he felt watching him, as he was flung across the Galaxy in his birthing pod.

When the Day of Revelation comes, he seeks to dispose of his erstwhile sons along with the Wardens of Light. They are effectively used as bait, exploiting their good relations with their cousins, before Alexos' true sons attack. Takar leads a few to safety, vowing retribution for their betrayal.

So what is now the case? I admit I didn't follow everything, but I thought we developed the things to a final when you gave the reigns to sigismund.

So what now? Trsvier simply a mad man? Completly? Would be very sad to kill of his grey scales. The tormented soul who becomes the archtraitor. From a position of weakness to strength.

And what with the.whole friendship amd relation between Gwal amd Travier? Stsrting point the meeting at avalon. The bad feelings of gwal for ripping traviers soul out. The pupil teacher relation. With first travier as teacher but over time switched cause Gwal was able to soothe the disturbed soul of alexos for the time beeing. Because of that gwal went without defenseses and open arms on board of traviers ship not aware of the traitorous intend of his most loved brother. Sacrificing the sons of his best friends was what makes the ritual extra stromg. And finally meeting him on terra for the last battle.

That was our arc. With Sagittarius as puppetmaster from behind. The guy whose soul was bound to an armor in later days. So what about all this? When did you decide to change all that?

And to quote me, myself and sigismund

Ups...forgot something. It was thrre. When traviers soul was sucked from him that he was in the warp and saw a glimpse of the creaturez living there.

#4326540The Brotherhood of the Lost: General Discussion

Posted by MikhalLeNoir on 05 March 2016 - 12:05 AM in + Brotherhood of the Lost +

Sigismund229, on 04 Mar 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

Perhaps Travier gets attacked by Gwal, who later realises his mistake when the big E shows up and tries to make amends?

Gwal attacking???

It was plaaned the way that E and Travier find Avalon and enter togheter. There they find Gwal motionless meditating. Big e respected that and they waited and waited. When Gwal finally awoke from his trance, he was aproacjed by big e and father told him about the great crusade etc but gwal declined. Travier furious attscked gwal. But he didnt defend himself. Travier hit him hard but Gwal didnt give in. Then travier ripped his mask off and looked him into the eyes. Only seconds but travier was lost. Gwal was in pain cause he sucked in the pain, the thoughts and rage that was and is of travier. His eyes bleeding he never severed suxh a strong soul from his body. And through this he gained understanding and when big e brought travier back, gwal made the decission that following that man was right.

In canonverse it is horus wo gets his soul sucked out. And I deem that scene very important for Gwal to take part in the great crusade. And there he got the understanding for travier. What exactly pains him and so they forged close bonds. Whixh will lead later to the treason were the wardens are sacrificed.and to the battle atop the imperial palace.

#4326493The Brotherhood of the Lost: General Discussion

Posted by MikhalLeNoir on 04 March 2016 - 11:28 PM in + Brotherhood of the Lost +

Yup. One question: we had it, that travier was amongst those who found Gwal and as he ripped Gwals mask off his soul was stolen from him, but thx to big e, he was saved. Gwal had bad feelings because of that and so he tried to repay travier. Because of that the switching teacher pupil and lager friends relation. The question would be: if Travier is broken and under special surveillance from the emperor, when they met Gwal, would he still be angered and rip the mask of that ignorant fool? Or how do we built that in?i can see gwal comfort travier and building him up. Would that be before or after they meddle in gene affairs? I could see travier high spirited when they parted but soon fall back in his old broken ways.

If i can free up some time i can find the other things we speak of but thst means too mamy threads to search through.

My point here is that changing the lore all the time makes it hard to follow, destroying in parts the work somebody has put into. and there hang a lot of details some have worked out and maybe already written something on. Imagine what would happen if redd decides suxdenly that daerdd wasnt to die. Or athrawes don't like the role as nemesis anymore. Gwal becoming aggresssive and don't want to stay put but attsck directly those responsible for the death of so many.

At some point we should keep the storylines or the general lore we discussed and only change small parts. Or at least discuss IF all are feeling well if the lore is changed.

Sorry if this reads like a rant , bit it isn't, well maybe a small one as I have put a lot of work and thought in the relationship between the eagles and gwal. Stsrted to write something in the boundaries we set. And suddenly there is a change of mind.

By the way simison. I once told you the complete arc. Uhmm. But I can't find it anymore. Do you have access to it?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Well, the changes I proposed were meant to make the Eagle Warriors more believable to the rest of the Imperium as loyal warriors. Otherwise it would seem incredibly naive of everyone to disregard the warning signs.

Travier certainly isn't meant to come off as a madman.

I'm open to suggestions as to what begins Alexos' shift back to Chaos.

Edited by bluntblade

Well, the changes I proposed were meant to make the Eagle Warriors more believable to the rest of the Imperium as loyal warriors. Otherwise it would seem incredibly naive of everyone to disregard the warning signs.

I'm open to suggestions as to what begins Alexos' shift back to Chaos.

But thst are those changes i claim are good for the thing as a whole. Make him believable. That doesn't inflict with the stiff preworked with. Work in the boundaries we have already set.

With gwal re was soothed, calmed and nobody would thing he is the joker. But actualy we reverse to a point where travier is simply evil. That is a change for example I can't follow. But a0108 was tired when he wrote it. Maybe he had something else in mind.

The problem is that keyfactors are changed whixh would inflict others. Chaos chaos chaos anarchy.

But there is somewhere ( i fear in general discussion) a big big summary of the whole arc which introduced the sacrifice.and the relationship between eagle amd light

I think if it could be found, it sould be far easier to work with

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Thiss is how I first intended ALexos to become traitor, it was in my first tread on the EW, and I do not really wish to change it. No, he is not suddenly a complete madman, read between the line, he has a very slow descent into madness. This makes him way more interesting in my opinion. The meeting with Gwal just amplifies this, but is not the start of this, its not a romantic story, just a very tragic one.

Im sorry, but in the end you are both very wrong:

When Alexos falls on the planet of Mexicatii after the spreading of the Primarchs. Alexos meets a man named Sagitarrius who takes the young infant under his wings. He learns the young primarch how to fight, hunt, influence things and use his psychic abilities. But after some time (13 days before the arrival of big E) Sagittarius dissapears (as he felt the coming of the emperor). Alexos is shocked by the sudden dissapearance (wich was faked as a death) of his mentor, that he goes into a psychic rampage. He tears into the reality with psychic shrieks of loss, and so attracts a few deamons. Alexos kills over a million Meciatii people (don't forget, Mexicatii has every LARGE populance) wich attracts even more deamons.

The deamons fester on the pain, and start living of Alexos, at some point Alexos is able to completely fight them off, and so discovers there is more to the galaxy than what would be later told to him by the emperor.

In a dream, alexos finds his lost mentor again (3 days before the emperor arrives) and so hugs him like a son would hug a father. In the dream, Sagitarrus dissapears like dust on the wind in the arms of Alexos. Alexos wakes up with a weird feeling, he starts to hears voices, and has the feeling somthing feeds on him, his psychic power amplifies tenfolds after the dream.

After the arrival and the torture of the emperor (do not forget, the emperor tortured Alexos for over a thousand hours to make alexos forget, or give up his old believes of believing in gods, and almost succeeds.) This is one of the biggest reasons why alexos hates the emperor so much, and also why he disgusts having to be primarch as well (Also the reason why Takar does most of the jobs a primarch would normally do)

Alexos is influenced enormously by Sagitarrius (who lives of the soul of Alexos), and that's the reason why alexos starts the betrayal, because of constant whispers and unwanted influences. One last thing, Sagitarrius stays unnoticed by the emperor at all times, How? Well, the 4 tattoos on Alexos'face, they are a ward of deamonic invisibilty. Making Alexos invisble for other deamons (so there is no contest of control on alexos) and making sagitarrus able to fester within Alexos without too much trouble.

Alexos is mostly sagitarrus through the insurrection, but sometimes the real old alexos, wich at those times, could better be described as a bloodthirsty madman.

(sorry about spelling btw, its 1 AM and I am waaay too tired over here xD)

Alexos in his wake after the torture, is so scarred, that he leads the eagle warriors without doubt, he puts his full soul and believe in the imperium as he does neither remember nor is able to believe in his old gods because of the psychic torture. After a few decades this spirals down into trusting the emperor completely out of despair, as Alexos feels a "empty spot" on his soul. The slow coming back of whispers make him doubt the emperor again, and eventually make him send fleets into the far reaches of the galaxy, wich well we know, end up with deamon contact.

Alexos is first over 60 years a full general, still damaged, but useable. He leads the EC with full soul and believe, leaving no doubt about their loyalty. Alexos slowly has thee voices coming back, and starts spreading his doubts through his generals, to the sergeants, to the troops in the matter of years. Thiss makes the EW so unpredictable in when they become traitor, it is a very slow process of years and years.

He then starts to slowly cut of contact with the rest of the imperium, and brings his whole fleet together, he then lets them spread out again for the truth. When thee first deamon is found, and alexos starts to hear the voices more clearly, others start to hear them too. And so the possesion of many marines, at least on the soul level, and later in the insurection, body level, become corrupted. This slowly, with thee following of many events, brings the eagles to betraying everything, and so also spreading their doubt to the other legions.

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108

Uhmm. You changed it yourself^^. The clash with thecrimson lions. Etc. Alexos unusable as a general. The starting story fits in the noundaries. But there is no need for alexos to die at the hands of gwal in the first place when they meet. The feeling of peace he felt.

But i mist second blunt. Worshipping big e is a wrong turn. It reminds me to much of lorgar.

Its not really like worshipping, but more like a thought believe that the emperor could win anything. (comparible to nationalism like in the first world war, they really believed they could win anything, and had full trust in anything their leaders said). But I changed the worshipping part for ya, this makes it easier to take I think

But now the scientific part:

Alexos learned the scientific trade on Mexicatii from his old mentor in the cave. The cave itself is the "shadowname" given to cover up that the cave is in reality a full hightech labratorium and also a fully useable fighting area so to say. It might not look pretty (as it really does look like a cave) but it is very useable.

Alexos was VERY good at this, he had talent maybe rivaling that of the emperor. Being able to mix psychic chemistry together with influence on any chemical and any flesh type, made that Alexos together with his mentor could create any hybrid creature or dangerous potion they would like. Sagitarrius did try to warn Alexos to not deepen himself too much into the scientific part, as he might actually blow up the whole lab.

Alexos is not very gifted with machines and the like, but together with his master of the forge, he is able to create any hybrid machine/man thing if so desired (and allowed).

After Alexos gets his doubt about the emperor and the imperium, he starts to experiment on many (dangerous) levels. He uses physical, psychological and inter-dimensional techniques to try and find proof of that there is more than just what the emperor says there is. In the end these searches into the science world end up with nothing, just more proof Alexos is a genius with chemistry and science.

Alexos does at some point catch a deamon on a random moon while one of his explore parties come back with proof of deamons. Alexos conducts many experiments on this deamon. Untill the deamon starts talking (and whispering to sagitarrius in Alexos' brain) about the emperor, deamons, icarion and the truth. This leads to Alexos and his generals being the first to be completely corrupted, as they had the longest contact with the deamon. (wich, should be said, hides in a little 13 years girl, with creepy eyes jaddy jaddy ya)

The clash with the crimson lions and WoL is WAAAY later, the crimson lions clash is more of who has the bigger gun than actual traitor legion. (Only alexos and his generals are corrupted at that point, so when Alexos voiced his doubts to Hectarion, Hectarion loses it (being a rather agressive guy) because of the combination with the very slow progress Alexos had made in the last decade on getting worlds for the imperium) This creates the huge battle, but also makes it that the two legions do not persue each other after the battle. (well, Alexos and his large surviving army telepoort away in one go (guided by deamons to make sure of save arrival), and after that go their own way again, not actively searching for CL)

The EW do really belive the CL attacked first, so when the word comes from the general that the imperium disgusts the EW, the troops and main line mexicatii soldiers do really start to cling to the words of the generals. They beome very dependant, and so become very easy to corrupt, as the betrayal of brother against brother, and then ALSO the so called betrayal of the imperium hits them the hardets. Then coupled with the expeditions in search of deamons, and the eventual finding of them, makes it there is no coming back. And so fully corrupts and posses many of the EW in the matter of years.

the WoL incident is way later, so that is not relevant nor connected to this story part. The EW already have split their still loyal veterans from the main force by then (over 50.000 still loyal EW tried to escape from the ships, only 10.000 made it. The rest are held prisoner for inveitible sacrifcation that are conducted to get the favor of the gods, and for MANY MANY MANY scientific experiments) , so that is way further down the timeline.

I have the feeling you all have been interpertating the EW VERY wrong, they are not complete madman, they are not like the world eaters, they are monsters with brains, and they are a lot more sneaky than you would know.

Another thing I would like to adress:

The EW are depicted in many stories that they are "just"a huge wave of bodies, they are not. Those are the weak ones, and put on the front line in huge blobs of marines, they are the bait. When the enemy army starts getting to grips and gets stuck with them. Then the jetbikes and huge tanks apear, the EW LOVE their jetbikes, and are one of the faster legions out there. They use ALOT of lightning strikes of small groups, to chip of off the enemy army, the EW also have a very large fleet of flyers, as they really like orbital assaults and ship to ship combat. There need to be a few more stories written about this, I might need to write that this summervacation. Will make the EW more like I intended them to be.

(And I am very sorry if any of this comes off like I am angry or anything like that, I am not, it's in the morning and I just havent had my coffee yet xD)

Uhmm, correct me if I don't remember well but the crimson lions were sent to restrain the eagle warriors cause they were on a killing spree not because of who has the bigger guns. You find that in this thread. And that is what i mean with changing key points.

To point it out:

Alexos is the evil and seeks revenge

Alexos is manipulated by sagittarius and is a good guy

Alexos is manipulated and an evil guy

Alexos worshipped in his youth

Alexos finds evidence later

Alexos is killed

Alexos is not killed

Sagittarius is killed

Sagittarius fakes death

Sagittarius is dead meat but his hatred for the emperor is so big, that he keeps his self in the warp, even feeding on other entities.

When Alexos dies he felt peace and hates the emperor that he brings him back.

When Alexos is dead meat he witness the gods of the warp who appriach him and he searches for them

Alexos is dead and sagittarius approaches him and explains the lies of the emperor

Alex is dead and meets sagittarius who manages to stick a portion of his soul to alexos soul and is brought back with alexos and the whispers start ( that was what we discussed by the way) voice grow louder over time.

Alex never dies and he is exposed to the warp on some random planet.

Alex is calmed by Gwal

Alex is calmed by Icarion

Alex is calmed by both(pic in the head)

Alex is not calmed

Alex is a teacher to Azus

Alex and Azus are beat buddies

Alex and Gwal are best buddies

Alex has no buddies

Alex is a maniac outcast

Alex is a high priest

Alex is a scientist

Alex is both

Alex can do nothing, control is by his army

Alex introduces warrior lodges

Alex sees the true nature of the emperor and goes on a killing spree-> crimson lions are sent to restrain him

Alex fights against the quarith

Alex is already a traitor

Alex is using quarith dna to improve himself

Azus is shocked

Gwal is not shocked to see his bro with wings

Lions claim to have bigger guns so that eagle warriors fight for the title of big guns

Eagles are.exiled

Eagles are not exiled

Eagles get rid of all loyal elements iver the time, sending them to the frontlines, ensuring that only those loyal to alex survive.

Warriros lodges worship chaos.

Warrior lodges i don't know^^

Day of reveleation: dark ritual -> wardens are sacrificed and wards are broken

Day of revelation: loyalists survived to this day now they will be sacrificed along with the wardens

Day of R.: there are no loyalists, remember, alex killed them all iver the time

That the clash with the WoL is later is clear as ot is on the day of reveleation ( by the way: big kudos to icarion for planning that out)

Well that were only a few points i could remember. It doesn't seem so, but those are vital key points you have changed over time. Some were brought in by others. Some we discussed and skipped. Some were made canon, sometimes it was discussed and a second version was made canon while the first was still active. Sometimes the thing took a complete new direction.

Sometimes that way. Then the other..so it is not easy to follow through and it leads to confusion amd it impacts the other legions as well and the whole setting. Many paths to follow which leads to different realities. In which do we stay?

So this is not flame. But to get the arc completly tied in and unchangable. So that se can work in it. So every major key.point should be made clear. A roadmap would be a nice thimg2^^

Mate, make no mistake bit things in the past tend to affect things in the future. The other way around is hard. But if you kick the emperors.ass im the past he will be vary in the future when it comes.to you.

Ao everything you do then will habe consequense later.

So if you are best friends with gwal. He comes to you without doubts. If you prove to him to be a insane maniac, then he will never drink your tea and attacks you if you try to give him an infusion with drugs.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I shall maake a list soon wich of those are still in play, and wich not. Alot of those are interpretation, and do not align to what is actually useable now.

This should show what the definite timeline is of Alexos, wich should give us a stronger setting.

The CL were send to check up on the EW as they made slow progress (because of the experditions), then Alexos voices his doubts, and then the battle starts. So no, not really for correction, for checking up, and this went sour quickly.

Tadaa:

To point it out:

Alexos lands on Mexicatii, Sagitarrius lets Alexos under his wing.

Alexos is manipulated by sagittarius and starts worshipping gods, he also gets science and matrial arts lessons.

Sagittarius dissapears, and 10 days later starts living in Alexos' soul with wards of invisibility. He feeds of all mortal souls nearby (just not much, enough to stay unnoticed)

Alexos gets found by the emperor and Gwal, he dies (sort of), the emperor brings him back, leaving a larger hole in Alexos' soul. This results in Sagittarius having it even easier when living in Alexos/Alex is dead and meets sagittarius who manages to stick a portion of his soul to alexos soul and is brought back with alexos and the whispers start ( that was what we discussed by the way) voice grow louder over time. The emperor brings him back to life.

Alexos leads his legion for 6 decades, but kinda goed mad because of the voices.

Alex is calmed by Gwal

Alex is calmed by Icarion

Alex is calmed by both(pic in the head)

Alex and Azus are combat buddies

Alex and Gwal are best buddies

Alex and Hectarion have the same view for a long time, so become buddies

Alex is a maniac outcast to the rest

Alex is a high priest and scientist

Alex can do nothing, control is by his army after the 6 decades of his control

Alex introduces warrior lodges

Alexos starts sending expedition fleets for proof of deamons and the lies of the emperor.

Alex and generals are very sneaky about corruption.

Alex fights against the quarith

Alex is using quarith dna to improve himself and legion

Azus is shocked

Gwal is not shocked to see his bro with wings

Lions claim to have bigger guns so that eagle warriors fight for the title of big guns

Eagles are hated through the galaxy, eagles hate the CL as if they are arch enemies.

Eagles get rid of all loyal elements over the time, sending them to the front lines, ensuring that only those loyal to alex survive.

Warriros lodges start to worship chaos.

Day of reveleation: dark ritual -> wardens and still loyal EW are sacrificed and wards are broken

That the clash with the WoL is later is clear as it s on the day of reveleation ( by the way: big kudos to icarion for planning that out)