IL XIII - The Eagle Warriors

AlphariusOmegon108

I'm happy to take a hand in writing, if needed. I'm finishing up a kayaking video, so I'm spending lots of time sat by the computer waiting for things to load. Let alone when I come to render and upload it.

Me neither. But that's the first thing I feel should be addressed - Mexicatii and Travier as of their discovery and compliance need to be treated with extreme care. OK, Angron wasn't in canonverse, but at least Alexandros would be appalled at his broken brother being sent off to command his Legion. Let alone if that Legion rapidly took off for the edge of the Galaxy - that would surely set alarm bells ringing in at least a few Primarchs' heads.

It's possible that the Emperor kept Alexos close to him for the first years/decades(hence why Alexos is there at Gwals discovery). So Alexos wouldnt be alone but he would be prosecuting the Great Crusade

What I would like is, that the eagles don't follow the night lords route where they commit crimes and atrocities. Now they should be a symbol of honor after travier seemed to be fit to take up the mantle of command. But as travier is a maniac, his personality sagittarius could use his clone army to wreak havoc. Maybe they habe black armor or some kind have black ships and were hunted by imperial agents. Nobody knows who they are and only on the day of revelation it is revealed that they are in fact eagle warriors when they openly show their insignia. Something like that. Not the same old they have to be restrained cuz they kill so many people etc. Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The Berserkers and Ghost Walkers should have the atrocity side of things covered at least. Sigi, I was thinking it'd be a way to help establish Icarion as a figure who is loved as well as simply revered by his brothers.

I'm not so much a fan of the clone armies being pursued, but I like the idea of reports coming in of worlds being found scoured clean of life, sometimes within the last few decades.

The Berserkers and Ghost Walkers should have the atrocity side of things covered at least. Sigi, I was thinking it'd be a way to help establish Icarion as a figure who is loved as well as simply revered by his brothers.

I'm not so much a fan of the clone armies being pursued, but I like the idea of reports coming in of worlds being found scoured clean of life, sometimes within the last few decades.

The attrocities were there because I needed something to show the degeneration of the EW from the proud force they used to be and cause the confrontation with the CL which in turn led to the EW legion starting to disintegrate and then Alexos stepping forward to lead them into a "new age". While the whole Alexos being a broken man thing is no longer viable(or if it is, only in a much reduced form), I think we can still keep the whole disintegration and then being reborn in the light of the Chaos gods deal.

For Icarion, I agree that we need to show he's loved by his brothers. I just don't think the Emperor would ket Travier out of his sight forvthe first years.

If there are entire worlds cleansed.of life at least a search for the source should be conducted. Amd as reports come in from a few survivors, the people in command should follow every hint necessary to hunt down those black ships.

Not sure but I think the whole thing with the disintegratiom was already ruled out because of not making anymore sense.

But travier is still a broken man.question is how long is he broken. As sagittarius is the evil personality i think the hatred from travier against the emperor makes him in the end the more dangerous personality. And i agree thst the emp will keep him close or in the hamds of someone je really trusts.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

If there are entire worlds cleansed.of life at least a search for the source should be conducted. Amd as reports come in from a few survivors, the people in command should follow every hint necessary to hunt down those black ships.

Unless it's the EW legion as a whole in which case they could state that the world's inhabitants were too far gone to ever accept the Imperial Truth. If they did, provided the other compliances were quick enough, they would likely be left alone as theEmperor's policy tiwards warp tainted worlds was always "Exterminatus, no questions asked" Edited by Sigismund229

But then we would have again a onedimensional spiral to hell. Trsvier is bad cuz he is bad. The whole legion is bad. They cover up bad things. They do bad things. The others think thst they are bad. Of course they turn traitor cuz they are bad.

And why didn't the loyalist force in the eagles react to the lies? They must have known that the injabitants werem't too far gone

Or at least after the 12th incedent they should have reacted.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Icarion is the Emperor's closest son, though. And with foresight to boot. While the Emperor has an entire Crusade to oversee, Icarion seems like the best choice to me.

I'm not a huge fan of the Eagle Warriors disintegrating early on either, especially with the Emperor's eyes on them. Perhaps that urge could be observed, but kept in check by the influence of others. The Eagle Warriors are urged not to seek trials by hardship, but to focus on doing good.

Mikhael, those are pretty much my concerns too.

Icarion is the Emperor's closest son, though. And with foresight to boot. While the Emperor has an entire Crusade to oversee, Icarion seems like the best choice to me.

I'm not a huge fan of the Eagle Warriors disintegrating early on either, especially with the Emperor's eyes on them. Perhaps that urge could be observed, but kept in check by the influence of others. The Eagle Warriors are urged not to seek trials by hardship, but to focus on doing good.

Mikhael, those are pretty much my concerns too.

The idea wasn't that they disintegrate while under the Emperor's watch but much later. As I said though, it would need to be rewritten etc.

And I wasn't suggesting they start killing everything on a world when they were still loyal. I was thinking they'd do that after they turned traitor.

Edited by Sigismund229

I am sorry about this, Sigi. But with twenty-one minds working on the core story, not everything was gonna fit first time.

I realise that. Still, it's always a bit irritating to out a lot of work into something and then need to re do it.

Anyway. Back to the task in hand. Is the basic premise of how the EW fall in the first variant ok?

That was honestly the main thing I wanted to tweak, and I know ran this past AO. I was thinking that Alexos and a smallish force make planetfall on a world only for a Warp breach to occur. This reawakens dormant memories in Alexos, especially one from his time in the birthing pod where he felt the presence of the Chaos Gods. Icarion catches up tohim and tries to explain what happened, but Alexos, already shaken by this implicit betrayal, suspects that his brother isn't telling him everything. After that he begins sending small, nomadic fleets ostensibly to act as scouts, but through cloning and acquiring vessels as they go, these steadily grow as they do their work.

Before you ask, the Khan remembered their presence even if he didn't recognise exactly what they were, so this is viable.

Edited by bluntblade

Idea: How about, after Alexos goes all split personalities, Sagittarius starts trigerring those memories and Alexos, confused about what they mean and what they are, goes to Icarion to ask. However, Icarion can't tell him the full thing and Alexos senses that. Then, when he and his legion go off on their own again, Alexos starts searching for answers. Cue fall to Chaos?

Like sigis idea as it can be easily combined with the stuff ao amd myself thought about. Sagi crawls out of his hole when they meet gwal. I have another idea but have to clear it first with AO

That was the reason for my suggestion that Alexos goes about sending clandestine expeditions. He's conducting a survey, not undertaking a pilgrimage.

Furthermore, in my mind his pledge of allegiance is more about a perceived natural order and hierarchy (stemming from the Mexicatii faith, based on appeasing the gods rather than seeking favour) rather than a Lorgar-esque need to believe in something.

Edited by bluntblade

• 2 weeks later...

heya!

Maybe some guys of you would like to know. But artwork for the Eagles is coming! And I have talked with Drakzilla, and he might do some pieces to in the future for the eagles! (even talked about a huge pic.. Wich will be a well paid commision ofcourse :smile.: )

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108