IL XIII - The Eagle Warriors

AlphariusOmegon108

Cool.

On the subject of the Legion's size being somewhat concealed, the Alpha Legion's size and possibly those of the Word Bearers were rather larger than most of the Imperium knew more-heresy. By the time the wider Crusade draws close to their hidden enclaves, Icarion could have begun to helped obscure the activities of Cognis.

So, I've managed to read over everything, and I have several issues with this. 

The biggest issue I have is Sagi living in Alexos' soul. Actually, you make it sound like he eventually takes over Alexos' soul, which means Alexos, as a character, is essentially reduced to nothing. I don't understand the point of this. 

But, I have no idea how Sagi could hide his corrupting spirit from the Emperor. The Emperor is the single most powerful psyker on the physical plane, capable of going one-on-one with a Chaos god. Furthermore, the Emperor is not only meeting with Alexos, he's torturing him, purging the knowledge of the old gods and Chaos. I know you mentioned wards of invisibility, but how on earth can a human psyker create wards powerful enough to blind the Emperor, who is actively searching for corruption to clean away. It's just not realistic. 

I'm confused why and how Alexos is able to start friendships with Gwal, Hec, and Azus, but everyone else seems only a maniac outcast? At this point in time, he's loyal and still an intelligent man. He's not doing Chaos stuff at this point, so what's with the mania? 

Why is he a high priest?

I believe we've already established that the Warrior Lodges were started by the Halcyon Wardens or several legions concurrently. 

Why the wings? Especially after Qarith would include after the Prosecution where the Emperor outright bans genetic modification. If he showed the wings, or even the implants, that would be grounds for immediate censure. 

How do Hec and Alexos go from buddies to fighting each other, prior to the Insurrection?

Edited by simison

Okaay on the Sagittarius part: simple, he does NOT consume Alexos, in the beginning of the project about 4 months ago I already told that Sagittarius would shake lose of Alexos before the siege of terra. This was because Sagittarius found a fitting new host. (Also an example, I made a model of him for that even)

Howw does Sagittarius hide himself? The same way as the deamon who cuts the protection field on the infant primarch holder on terra in the cannonverse. He was able to hide from the emperor at point blank range. And, I

The wings are very small at the start,so no one would notice. Thiss would not cause any problems, as there would bee no show, except just before the insurrection. And then sensure would not reallly... matter.

They are only budies because they have the same views and fought some campaigns together, this does not mean an investigation so to say going sour will really be stopped by that. Both primarhs would lose their temper very quickly.

Why is Alexos a priest? I am sorry, but that is one of the largest reasons the eagle warriors act the way they do.. Thats kinda like the most important point, Alexos was raised a believer, he gets tortured, loses his memory for a while so to say, and then he gets back to being who he was, he get doubts, and then chaanges into what we know as Alexos the Doubter.

Lodges are a large part of the legion, but that does not mean they created it. They simply took the idea of close bound semi-secretive groups, and infused it with chaos cults.

I am sorry if I sound irritated or anything, but it does get me worried that I might have to dig back into the start of the project to show how the eagle warriors really are, because those choices made back then are now being guestioned again... But don't worry, I am happy to answer all :D ^^

And the outcast mania: his legion is pretty aggressive fighting wise, so they would be shunned just like the world eaters were. Alexos comes into the imperium a broken man, and rumors would ofcourse start to floud. This would make him very.. shunned, as rumors turn into lies, and lies turn into doubt in a person('s loyalty)

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108

You don't sound irritated as I hope I don't as well. Just handing out critiques here.

"Okaay on the Sagittarius part: simple, he does NOT consume Alexos, in the beginning of the project about 4 months ago I already told that Sagittarius would shake lose of Alexos before the siege of terra. This was because Sagittarius found a fitting new host. (Also an example, I made a model of him for that even)."

Ah, that's fine then.

"Howw does Sagittarius hide himself? The same way as the deamon who cuts the protection field on the infant primarch holder on terra in the cannonverse. He was able to hide from the emperor at point blank range."

Even if we assume that the daemon was able to hide from the Emperor, there are still two problems. One, the Emperor is not physically in the same room with the daemon. Two, the Emperor is not actively searching for a daemonic presence. In Travier's case, both apply. Furthermore, we don't know if the Emperor allows the Chaos gods to scatter the Primarchs to test them. That whole scene leaves him and his motivations very ambiguous. In this scenario, the Emperor is right next to Travier trying to cleanse him. The Emperor is still the most powerful telepath in all of the galaxy. It is not possible for the Emperor to 'miss' a mind/soul hiding in his son when he is purging Travier's memories. 

"The wings are very small at the start,so no one would notice. Thiss would not cause any problems, as there would bee no show, except just before the insurrection. And then sensure would not reallly... matter."

I agree that if Travier hid them right until the Insurrection, then it wouldn't matter. In which case, my question is, what's the point? If the purpose of wings is to fly, and Travier's wings are too small to do so, then why did he graft them onto his back? Is it just 'for the lulz'? I understand that you want Travier to have wings, and I think that's a cool idea, but why not just wait until he ascends and have a proper set of wings?

"Why is Alexos a priest? I am sorry, but that is one of the largest reasons the eagle warriors act the way they do.."

I apologize, I worded that question poorly. How is Travier a high priest?

"And the outcast mania: his legion is pretty aggressive fighting wise, so they would be shunned just like the world eaters were. Alexos comes into the imperium a broken man, and rumors would ofcourse start to floud."

So, the Eagle Warriors still routinely commit atrocities? Then why is there a friendship between Gwal and Travier? I understand that dark rumours surround Travier's entry, but what about Icarion and Alex, both of whom would give Travier the benefit of doubt? 

"Lodges are a large part of the legion, but that does not mean they created it. They simply took the idea of close bound semi-secretive groups, and infused it with chaos cults."

Alright, that solves that issue quite nicely.

And when we pull of a Fight Club thing, where sagittarius is simply another personality of alexos? All the time when he refers to sagittarius he refers to himself. First rule of the mexicatii club is: we don't talk about the mexicattii-club

In this case the bad? And in the end when Trsvier was drawn to the abyss it will be made clear that Travier is even more evil in the end. Sagittarius is a power hungry tyrant where alexos ends as sociopath. Would be cool and then there is nothing the emperor can clean.

The emperor could have thought there was a daemon in him and searched and searched like the excorcists of the catholic church. And he was able to drive the personality into the backyard of traviers soul bit it was always there. Hidden away. Not a daemon but a sickness of the mind.

That would be some cool way to display a primarch.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Omg.. schizophrenic primarch... Before I go all writing crazy, any objections of anyone? Because, if we make Alexos schizophrenic, we can easier explain the Sagittarius and crazy/calm alexos shifts

Curze is already rumoured to be suffering from multiple personality disorder. Darshan routinely battles mental illness. If you want to make Travier schizophrenic, go for it.

The schizophrenia could be the result of leftover mental scarring from the Emperor's psychic scouring. Perhaps Sagitarius is residing in Alexos's head and Emps banishes him thinking it's another Hectarion-with-Bloodthirster-Shard kind of deal. I feel this makes the Emperor putting Alexos, a man he's just spent ages psychically torturing, in charge of an entire Legion more believable, if He believes Alexos's twisted worship and vile atrocities were the result of Sagitarius's possession rather than Alexos's own choice. Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Ok, so here are our ideas as I understand them.

Beginnings

- Alexos begins as a mix of priest and scientist

- mentally broken by the Emperor, he comes to believe that he was wrong

- however he internalises something of his mentor's psyche

- another one to slip in - Icarion takes charge of Mexicatii Prime's compliance and the Legions's transition while Big E "attends" to Alexos

- because of his urge for redemption, Alexos gets involved in gene-manipulation

- despite the controversy that stems from this, the Eagle Warriors regain much of their good reputation

The Descent

- Alexos and a contingent of the Eagle Warriors stumble across a Warp rip/disturbance/spill

- this awakens repressed memories in Alexos

- knowing that Icarion is watching him to an extent, he begins to hatch a scheme to uncover the truth

- from those of the Legion who were with him at the time, he forms small fleets to travel ahead of the main crusade

- these are authorised to replenish their numbers on the move from whatever human worlds they find

- Travier also has Xander abet them, utilising cloning to bolster their numbers

- eventually Travier himself heads to a world where he learns the truth

As for the Loyalists

- we have a couple of choices, or we could go for a mix

- either Alexos sticks them in the meat-grinder, or he uses them as the public face of the Legion, ensuring the Legion as a whole remains above suspicion

- Icarion later aids him in that endeavour

- if we go for option B, when the Day of Revelation comes the Loyalists are slaughtered beside the Wardens of Light, with a small number escaping

Sure that goes in line with AO's Plans?

As I get understood it, he goes full on the split personality style. For the rest I think only AO can give a final inout what is right and what is wrong, what is an Idea amd what is bronon(yeah!! Again a term built by me. I luv it. Everything what becomes canom in broverse( that eas me as well) should now be called bronon (perhaps branon) to differntiate it from canonverse)

Atm AO is on vacation in great britain so it could take a while for him ti answer and react

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, before I press on with including the Eagle Warriors in the Fire Keepers story, are we OK to have the loyalist minority being used for collaborative campaigns to keep up appearances? I was thinking particularly of including Takar before he ends up bitter, and it'd be nice to highlight the honourable road that the Legion once walked.

Our timeline puts Alexos'discovery in 902 M30, and AO says he'd only take command of his Legion after about 2-3 years. After that I suggest he serves under Icarion for about a decade (with some fleets working alongside other Legions as well) and then spends about thirty years as another loyal son until he experiences his revelation.