IL XIII - The Eagle Warriors

AlphariusOmegon108

The fights with the Lions? Or something else?

I reckon their "harvests" should remain secret, even from Icarion. And then Alexos' can partially spring that on him when the time comes to ratchet up the Chaos.

Edited by bluntblade

The fights with the Lions? Or something else?

I reckon their "harvests" should remain secret, even from Icarion. And then Alexos' can partially spring that on him when the time comes to ratchet up the Chaos.

Turning on a fellow legion, exterminating the populace of entire worlds for seemingly no reason(particularly when they were campaigning in the Ghoul Stars), rumour of flouting the Vizenko edict etc.

I'm still worried that some of this is cranked up a bit too far, even if the canonverse has the Night Lords and the like.

Do we have a timeframe for Vizhenko? Because my image of that was Alexos' being perceived as trying to redeem his Legion and himself for his past failings (though which failures can vary).

Would Eagle Warriors be as active as Word Bearers in their daemon-shenanigans?  I'm writing up the daemonic incursion on Zbruch and I was wondering whether, ten years or so into the Insurrection, the godslayers would have heard of or met them.

Would Eagle Warriors be as active as Word Bearers in their daemon-shenanigans? I'm writing up the daemonic incursion on Zbruch and I was wondering whether, ten years or so into the Insurrection, the godslayers would have heard of or met them.

I think Athrawes said the Eagle Warriors don't start introducing Chaos and it's worship to the Insurrectionists until later into the Civil War, once the stalemate sets in and Icarion gets desperate, so I imagine they'd keep that kind of thing on the down-low until then.

EDIT: Typos! Kill it!

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Hmmm. Could icarion be seeing yhose visions for a long time? Every time more brutal and he sees also the death if the primarchs? A slow process would be more in line with the honorful icarion ( I know thst is Traviers story[ start calling him so, i still mix both alex up ^^] but there are some very good motives in your story)

I assumed Icarion gradually seeing those visions would be included in the LB fluff so I just focussed on Traviers involvement in Icarion's fall

• 2 weeks later...

In the artist thread AO108 laid it out. They send in bait then sent a second wave of mire tanks and outflsnk the enemy in a third wave with jet bikes. So massed assault is a fitting description. It is expensive, unnecessary, costs a lot of human lives and ressources and not helps to kill those elements not loyal to the azteki cult.

And always 3 waves and always they crush the enemy with sheer numbers. Very similar to the berserkers. But where the berserkers use their bodies, the eagles use vehicles and follow their 3 wave tactic (bait-overhelm-crush)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Eagle warriors attack in sacrificial waves. First we send in a huge tank wall filled with thousands of astartes, this is the prey. These are supposed to get as much attention as possible, then the first attack comes. Another huge wall of mastodon and land raider tanks roll up filled with terminators and dreads, and these tear at the enemy. The hammer blow is the third wave, fast vehicles, jetbikes and beasts and artillery destroy the last bits of remaining enemy. All waves are accompanied by HUGE waves of storm eagles and stormbirds, evecuating the first and second wave when the third "destructor" wave hits. The last wave is always lead by one of either the Aztekii or the Jaguar Toa. Many cultists and solar auxilia regiments help with these opperations alot too. (They are a part of first and third wave, second wave is all titanicus and astartes wall)

This is the official way the eagle warriors fight, the way I.designed them for it

;)