If we're having this discussion again, Yucahu disappears shortly after the Second Founding, rationalising that he no longer has his place in the post-crusade Galaxy. He convokes one hundred men from each successor cohort at the edge of the galaxy, and leaves into intergalactic darkness.

Kozja… I really don't know. Perhaps he dies during the Imperium-Suzerainty war, having tried to increase his own power but succumbing to a flesh-change. Perhaps he realizes the horrors he has wrought and offs himself. Perhaps he deliberately locks himself in a stasis vault, awaiting the right time where he can rule the Galaxy unhindered.

O

If we're having this discussion again, Yucahu disappears shortly after the Second Founding, rationalising that he no longer has his place in the post-crusade Galaxy. He convokes one hundred men from each successor cohort at the edge of the galaxy, and leaves into intergalactic darkness.

Kozja… I really don't know. Perhaps he dies during the Imperium-Suzerainty war, having tried to increase his own power but succumbing to a flesh-change. Perhaps he realizes the horrors he has wrought and offs himself. Perhaps he deliberately locks himself in a stasis vault, awaiting the right time where he can rule the Galaxy unhindered.

And here I thought Kozja would rule the suzerainity for eternity. Making sure, that the imperium won't endanger his little empire

Wait, Kel, is there a serious possibility Sanguinius might return?

Secret means secret, Mikhal, but I realize I did misspoke. Only one of the two can return, but that depends entirely on a meta condition that I will only reveal at the start of the End Times. As for the False Primarch, I'm open to either someone coming in with their lost Primarch idea, provided that Primarch fits Kozja's vision, or someone creating an entirely new Primarch. Might be easier to start a new one. Either way, it could be another chance to add/promote a new Legionnaire. 

Skal, is Yucahu gone for good? Kozja has the Flesh-Change virus? I like the stasis chamber idea. It's sort of fitting since he's our equivalent of Guilliman.

Yucahu isn't completely gone. One idea is that he returns in the End Times having brought planets to compliance in Andromeda.

Flesh-change is just a comparison. The idea being that he attempted to change his own gene-seed, resulting in what usually happens when you try to gene-edit an adult organism: civil war between the old and new DNA.

Wait, Kel, is there a serious possibility Sanguinius might return?

Secret means secret, Mikhal, but I realize I did misspoke. Only one of the two can return, but that depends entirely on a meta condition that I will only reveal at the start of the End Times. As for the False Primarch, I'm open to either someone coming in with their lost Primarch idea, provided that Primarch fits Kozja's vision, or someone creating an entirely new Primarch. Might be easier to start a new one. Either way, it could be another chance to add/promote a new Legionnaire. 

Skal, is Yucahu gone for good? Kozja has the Flesh-Change virus? I like the stasis chamber idea. It's sort of fitting since he's our equivalent of Guilliman.

A secret even from us? Gruesome...gruesome^^

And yes, there are chances that even sanguinius could return.

I always like it when we can get new legionaires and the god thing is: the primarch can turn out absolutely contraire to what kozja had expected. Otherwise he would not rebel. The observer would imho fit perfectly as he stated that his lrimarch stands above all else and a false primarch could exactly think that. But the question is: when we reach the false primarch, will the observer still be around? I saw a lot of lost legion projects now and ours are the longest alive....by far.

Yucahu isn't completely gone. One idea is that he returns in the End Times having brought planets to compliance in Andromeda.

Flesh-change is just a comparison. The idea being that he attempted to change his own gene-seed, resulting in what usually happens when you try to gene-edit an adult organism: civil war between the old and new DNA.

Perhaps that could be combined with the going into stassis? He tries to alter his own gene-seed and then as the two sets of DNA start warring with each other and gradually destroying his body(sounds like Dievas' problem) he realises all that he's done and why the Emperor banned such research at the Vizenko prosecution. In horror he sends himself into stassis so that he can't do any more harm but he'll be there for when the Suzerainty needs him most

Or for Short moments of counsel where he is awakened.

Perhaps that could be combined with the going into stassis? He tries to alter his own gene-seed and then as the two sets of DNA start warring with each other and gradually destroying his body(sounds like Dievas' problem) he realises all that he's done and why the Emperor banned such research at the Vizenko prosecution. In horror he sends himself into stassis so that he can't do any more harm but he'll be there for when the Suzerainty needs him most

Or for Short moments of counsel where he is awakened.

Yeah. Doesn't cause more harm by ruling the Suzerainty but when it needs him he's still there

You mean like Björn? In the darkest hour, they'll revive him to lead them?

And yes, simi. It could be.

How about giving one of the other auxilaries the chance of creating the primarch?

I'm dying. Even if I wasn't as well acquainted with primarch biology as I am I would be able to tell that. I can feel my organs shutting down as my two sets of DNA fight a civil war within my body. A few weeks ago my skin began to take on a yellowish tint, an outward sign that my kidneys have stopped working as they should. Parts of my flesh are beginning to rot as the cells die and decay sets in. My armour and the enhanced biology my father gave me have kept me alive for weeks past the point where a normal human would have died but the symptoms are unmistakeable. Death is coming for me, after all these years.

To say I'm frightened would be a lie. I have no fear of death like all my brothers. We were bred not to fear its dark embrace. I am regretful as it's only now that I see the true nature of all that I and Izumras have done. We were party to a betrayal of such terrifying magnitude that I can't even imagine the horror of it any more, not in my darkest nightmares. My father had had a dream, a golden dream of the future which I was born to carry through but I, in my arrogance, didn't see that. I believed my own dream to be greater and so I gladly helped Icarion kill the last, best hope of bringing our father's dream to pass. In that same arrogance I didn't see that my father's judgement at the Vizenko Prosecition was an attempt to save me, a lifeline thrown to me to pull me back from the path I'd started on, not the slight of a tyrant lost to superstition as I believed for so long. It's only now, as my body starts to fail me because of my own experiments that I see that.

I cannot permit myself to allow more harm to come upon my father's Imperium by my means but by the same token I cannot abandon my sons and the Suzerainty I have presided over for so long. So I shall sleep the long sleep as my father does on Terra and the revered fallen do, in stassis. In that long dark I will have plenty of time to consider my mistakes and my failures and ponder ways in which to reverse them, never to be awoken until the sun is setting on the final days of the universe. Until the End Times.

The Testimony of Kozja Darzalas

sorry Skalpynock and everyone else but once I had the thought I couldn't stop myself...

Perhaps I too should go into stassis to consider my failings

Edited by Sigismund229

just a small announcement:

Today I can finnaly say: I can sit for 4 hours in one go again! I can paint whole swathes again, finnaly work continuos. After my accident and bad back this was impossible to me, but I am slowly healing. So yeah, happy days.

greet story sig

Today I can finnaly say: I can sit for 4 hours in one go again! I can paint whole swathes again, finnaly work continuos. After my accident and bad back this was impossible to me, but I am slowly healing. So yeah, happy days.

greet story sig

Woohoo! The painting machine is back!

All I ever wanted was a world in which everyone was equal. All my life I saw the weak and innocent trodden on by the powerful, each of whom had the blood of a million innocents upon their hands. Everything I did, I did to protect the innocent and to see justice done against those with the blood of innocents on their hands in the hope that by doing so I could create a world where all were treated as brothers and sisters, equal by rights and means. Every battle I fought I fought for that ideal but every compliance I gave him my father turned the innocent into slaves and rewarded the powerful.

It took me a long time to realise that nobody else cared about my dream. My father actively spat on it. My brothers laughed or told me they admired my idealism. Humanity viewed me as nothing but a weapon with which to win the galaxy, a crude, killing implement to be disposed of once it has served its purpose. Alexandros and Icarion both called me their equal, Alexandros even claimed shared my dream whilst giving more.power to the powerful and taking away what few privileges the innocent and weak had had. But when it came to shedding blood to take an enemy fortress, it was my Godslayers they sent to die not their own sons. I saw my sons lie face down in the mud of a thousand breaches made in the walls of a thousand fortresses. I had sent them to die for my dream on the orders of brothers who ground my dreams into the dust.

Perhaps I should thank them, for they have shown me that the only true equality is in death. Never fussy, death's scythe makes no distinction between rich or poor, powerful or weak, innocent or guilty. That lesson at least, my father taught me well with his Imperium.

With the blessings of Nurgle I can now bring my dream to fruition. Free from the shackles of servitude to Icarion I can now march forth as a bearer of pestilence and suffering and when I am finished, all the galaxy shall be equal. Equal in death.

The bitter reverie of Koschei Kharkovic

I know I shouldn't have done another one...especially not withiut Squig's permission but the idea of the corrupted and bitter idealist seemed too good to pass up...

From scouring End Times rumours the reliable rumourmongers make it sound like the only Primarch for sure not coming back is Horus.

Not gonna lie I selfishly want Daer'dd to come back mostly because I want a story of Daer'dd Tangoing with a Daemon Primarch.

greet story sig

That's great news :) Glad to hear you're feeling that much better, and hope you'll be fully recovered very soon :)

From scouring End Times rumours the reliable rumourmongers make it sound like the only Primarch for sure not coming back is Horus.

Not gonna lie I selfishly want Daer'dd to come back mostly because I want a story of Daer'dd Tangoing with a Daemon Primarch.

Let's see what happens in canon. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.

But if all the dead.primarchs come back in canon or broverse, it makes their deaths.and sacrifices kinda meaningless. Except if they switch sides.

Yeah. When.Mephiston reaches his full potential i can see him as reincarnatiom.maybe he fuses with the samguinor

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Let's see what happens in canon. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Ohh completely agree, whatever is best for the story is what is truly important to me.

But if all the dead.primarchs come back in canon or broverse, it makes their deaths.and sacrifices kinda meaningless. Except if they switch sides.

Which makes their deaths meaningless, and it goes against their nature :P

The Testimonies of Traitors

I'm dying. Even if I wasn't as well acquainted with primarch biology as I am I would be able to tell that. I can feel my organs shutting down as my two sets of DNA fight a civil war within my body. A few weeks ago my skin began to take on a yellowish tint, an outward sign that my kidneys have stopped working as they should. Parts of my flesh are beginning to rot as the cells die and decay sets in. My armour and the enhanced biology my father gave me have kept me alive for weeks past the point where a normal human would have died but the symptoms are unmistakeable. Death is coming for me, after all these years. 

To say I'm frightened would be a lie. I have no fear of death like all my brothers. We were bred not to fear its dark embrace. I am regretful as it's only now that I see the true nature of all that I and Izumras have done. We were party to a betrayal of such terrifying magnitude that I can't even imagine the horror of it any more, not in my darkest nightmares. My father had had a dream, a golden dream of the future which I was born to carry through but I, in my arrogance, didn't see that. I believed my own dream to be greater and so I gladly helped Icarion kill the last, best hope of bringing our father's dream to pass. In that same arrogance I didn't see that my father's judgement at the Vizenko Prosecition was an attempt to save me, a lifeline thrown to me to pull me back from the path I'd started on, not the slight of a tyrant lost to superstition as I believed for so long. It's only now, as my body starts to fail me because of my own experiments that I see that. 

I cannot permit myself to allow more harm to come upon my father's Imperium by my means but by the same token I cannot abandon my sons and the Suzerainty I have presided over for so long. So I shall sleep the long sleep as my father does on Terra and the revered fallen do, in stassis. In that long dark I will have plenty of time to consider my mistakes and my failures and ponder ways in which to reverse them, never to be awoken until the sun is setting on the final days of the universe. Until the End Times.

The Testimony of Kozja Darzalas

All I ever wanted was a world in which everyone was equal. All my life I saw the weak and innocent trodden on by the powerful, each of whom had the blood of a million innocents upon their hands. Everything I did, I did to protect the innocent and to see justice done against those with the blood of innocents on their hands in the hope that by doing so I could create a world where all were treated as brothers and sisters, equal by rights and means. Every battle I fought I fought for that ideal but every compliance I gave him my father turned the innocent into slaves and rewarded the powerful. 

It took me a long time to realise that nobody else cared about my dream. My father actively spat on it. My brothers laughed or told me they admired my idealism. Humanity viewed me as nothing but a weapon with which to win the galaxy, a crude, killing implement to be disposed of once it has served its purpose. Alexandros and Icarion both called me their equal, Alexandros even claimed shared my dream whilst giving more.power to the powerful and taking away what few privileges the innocent and weak had had. But when it came to shedding blood to take an enemy fortress, it was my Godslayers they sent to die not their own sons. I saw my sons lie face down in the mud of a thousand breaches made in the walls of a thousand fortresses. I had sent them to die for my dream on the orders of brothers who ground my dreams into the dust. 

Perhaps I should thank them, for they have shown me that the only true equality is in death. Never fussy, death's scythe makes no distinction between rich or poor, powerful or weak, innocent or guilty. That lesson at least, my father taught me well with his Imperium. 

With the blessings of Nurgle I can now bring my dream to fruition. Free from the shackles of servitude to Icarion I can now march forth as a bearer of pestilence and suffering and when I am finished, all the galaxy shall be equal. Equal in death.

The bitter reverie of Koschei Kharkovic

They are all weak. The Emperor, Alexandros, Icarion, all of them. They all paid lip service to the ideal of doing anything in the service of humanity but then baulked when they had to act on their words. It was always left to me and for that I was branded a bloodthirsty monster. I can’t help but laugh at that, even now. Since when had any of them experienced the inside of a prison where you live shoulder to shoulder with the most vicious killers humanity can breed? You’re either strong and you survive or you’re weak and you die. That is the way of the world, the way it always has been and always will be, no matter what the weak say in an attempt to make their weakness into a virtue.

Even the self-proclaimed Emperor was weak. He preached the purity of the human form but then he created the legions and the primarchs. He declared religion to be a flaw that had to be stamped out wherever it was found even as he preached the superiority of the human form and created monsters to win the galaxy for him.

Some of my brothers say that we are the epitome of humanity, the embodiment of human perfection. I have no such illusions. We and our sons are monsters, built to kill and conquer, built to cast down wise old rulers and trample civilisations that survived thousands of millennia into dust beneath our boots because they disagree with us. I don’t protest against this. We are strong, they are weak therefore we will triumph. I just call it what it is rather than dressing it up with terms like “illumination”.

Then, despite breeding us to kill and violating the purity of our “perfect human form” with the gene-seed the Emperor baulked when we wished to take it a step further, make ourselves stronger so that we can triumph over weaker races. He had all violated our humanity and bred a race of nightmares who he called the Astartes, what difference would one more change to our bodies make if it allowed us to kill more efficiently? Isn’t that what he wanted us for?

Yet he refused and in doing so displayed his weakness to all and so I found a new patron, a patron who gives me strength and I will drown the galaxy in the blood of the weak in his name.

The testimony of Raktra Akarro

All my choices were logical and made to bring the greatest benefit to the greatest number. In that I have never failed. The Great Crusade was driven by ideals rather than logical choices, as logic is by far the harder route to follow. If you tell people that they must kill a city, it’s far easier to persuade them using ideals than by showing them it’s logical too. The Emperor fell into this trap. He used ideals rather than logic and so he made several errors of judgement after the other.

The first was the Vizenko Prosecution. What we were doing was for the benefit of humanity and he saw that but he was forced to make his choice by the dogs in the council of Terra yapping about ideals and because he had founded the Imperium using ideals he had no choice but to obey them even when logic dictated otherwise.

The second was the appointment of Alexandros Darshan von Salim as Warmaster. I admired Alexandros as much as I admired any of my brothers but he was a diplomat and the Great Crusade was a military undertaking. Under his leadership it stalled as he sought diplomatic solutions and rifts opened between the legion’s over disagreements Alexandros was too busy negotiating to resolve. Appointing him was an illogical decision that was leading the Imperium towards civil war no matter what anyone did.

So I fought against the Emperor and continued my experiments for the good of all humanity. Now, almost a millennium from when my sons opened fire on the other legions and I have discovered the secrets of the biological and chemical engineering behind mine and my brother’s creation and humanity stands poised on the brink of a new era.

The testimony of the Jade General

Edited by Sigismund229

I want to reassure that not all Primarchs will have a chance to come back at the End Times. Alex is dead and will not be resurrected. Any of the Pariahs who fall will embrace oblivion. And the Emperor will do all he can to prevent Icarion's return.