What speaks against it zo merge them with the hands? Which one existed at first?

And the nightguard as safeguard for the emperor to watch over the big warprifts fullfill another roll as the lightning bearers who search worlds outside of the rifts wjo are overrun with chaos infestations. The predators and their wraiths come later as anti chaos force.

What speaks against it zo merge them with the hands? Which one existed at first?

And the nightguard as safeguard for the emperor to watch over the big warprifts fullfill another roll as the lightning bearers who search worlds outside of the rifts wjo are overrun with chaos infestations. The predators and their wraiths come later as anti chaos force.

That was my idea. The Hands provide the base and then together with the rangers they form the Knights Errant

As a side note, a unit of Crimson Lions breachers and a World Eaters tactical squad going into close combat against each other is absolutely hilarious due to the sheer number of attacks on either side(around 80 attacks for the World Eaters made at WS5 vs a 20 man breacher squads who are T6 due to Ciringite Frontem and hit back with 40 attacks)

Edited by Sigismund229

Sounds a bit like my Legion shall stay loyal?

Hm? They certainly can, if you so desire. The Traitors would still have the first strike and will capture Azus and kill Daer'dd. So, they'll have enough of an advantage to keep the Loyalists on the defensive until Alex gets desperate enough to issue the Xenos Edict.

Sounds a bit like my Legion shall stay loyal?

You said, that your wraiths come, when Samedi makes a connectiom between chaos and the wraiths and then he starts to reorganize his legion.

I thought this happens way before the insurrection and then they want to defeat chaos from within.

Well I thought it would make the most sense when they would take the Ghost Walkers place amidst the traitor ranks.

If they stay loyal, we would have more loyal than traitor Legions, right?

Or do we have one or two Legions reduced in numbers so heavily that loyal Predators would even the odds?

They could either turn traitor or renegade and radicalise (destroy mankind to defeat chaos) or stay loyal to fight chaos on the loyalists side (and search for another way to win the true war). Because of their usage of warp Powers they could be an outcast legion on the Imperiums side.

So many options. ^^

Hard to decide. ;)

The Insurrection starts at 7 Loyalist Legions versus 10 Traitor Legions with the Wardens of Light sitting out. The two reasons that prevent an instant Traitor Victory is the Imperial Army and Icarion's compassion/caution.

If the XXth goes Loyalist, that's an 8/9 split, still favoring the Traitors, who still get a massive first blood advantage.

It's a matter of how many characters we want bundled together in this way. The canon Knights Errant only number 17 in total to begin with, for comparison.

For Rangers we have Khârn, Nux/Nix, Odyssalas and Ystwyth of the Crimson Lions so far.

Edited by bluntblade

Uhm, but if I remember right, Sigi already established some and a few were sent to fetch Khârn. Somewhere is the story.

We need a Content table with direct.links in the story thread. Would.make.things easier.

To be honest I.thought.they were recruited.for the knights errant.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Uhm, but if I remember right, Sigi already established some and a few were sent to fetch Khârn. Somewhere is the story.

We need a Content table with direct.links in the story thread. Would.make.things easier.

If we have a few established, that can work. Especially if we have the rest killed off by agents of Icarion, which is certainly where the Petitioner's City story could go.

Toraghan and then the Scion Hospitalier and Warden of Light were Hands/Knights Errant and were sent to find Khârn

@bluntblade I did intend for quite a number of the Hands to be killed off on Terra by some cause or other probably around half, in order to make room for new characters.

Edited by Sigismund229

In that case our plans can probably dovetail nicely. We should out some thought into how the Insurrectionists plan to use their infiltrators.

Well there's likely an infiltrator in the Hands too, at least one, in the form of the LB Hand.
I suggest we take this to the strategium. At the same time, I'm still not convinced that the Hands serve much of a purpose prior to the Insurrection. Everyone else's thoughts would be welcome. Edited by bluntblade

Uhmmm.Idea: we had your story blunt where ruel captures those "traitor"-marines. How about that for the beginning? Malcador.could take them under his wings and send them out to find people who would serve as hands errant. They find the characters from sigis story who then find Khârn etc..and all fits.togheter

Ruel doesn't capture them, he allows the Custodes to. But other than that you're on the money.

Now, I do realise that we have the Nightguard actively doing something, trying to hunt down Turrus and Vizenko.

Except that the Hands existed prior to the Insurrection and then all kinds of treacherous stuff happens on Terra killing off half or more of the hands on one side or the other and then the rest form the nucleus for the Knights Errant, going out ro find Khârn and bringing Nux along and then finding Ystwyth.

Well my Idea.was to establish them after.the.insurrection if we couldn't.find a good reason for them to be established.before the insurrection. Amd if I remember correctly: when.we started.the hands, we searched for exceptional men absolutely trustful and following the ideals of the emperor. So a traitorstory in their ranks seems atm a bit off.

I'm just not feeling that the Hands have a fully fleshed-out role. They're a ceremonial bodyguard who nonetheless do things in secret which Malcador can't afford to be linked with, which seems contradictory to me.

For now, I'm going to leave this and wait for others to weigh in.

I'm just not feeling that the Hands have a fully fleshed-out role. They're a ceremonial bodyguard who nonetheless do things in secret which Malcador can't afford to be linked with, which seems contradictory to me.

For now, I'm going to leave this and wait for others to weigh in.

In all honesty I feel a bit the same way about the rangers for various reasons(and also I'm less than fond of the name as it doesn't really fit with the whole roman esq/gothic feel of the Imperium). So seeing as, evidently, neither of us is budging on this issue I feel it would be wise to wait for others to voice their opinions first.

Oh and incidentaly blunt, if you could do the testament of Pionius that'd be great seeing as I've got some other writing projects I'd like to devote time to before I make a start on the loyalist testimonies

@Mikhal: That was Malcador sending out three Hands to find Khârn. While the Hands are selected for their loyalty and skill, they're chosen by their primarch so some of the ones from traitor legions are likely to be traitors too. Others from the traitor legions might be loyalists who were sent to the Hands to keep them out of the way.

I kinda want to write a loyalist BoU now...

Edited by Sigismund229