You forget that Alexos is a scientist as well. A year back, I think the foundation of his cloning attempts was quarith tech and xenos tech improved later from the cognis with daemonic powers.

So a totally different situation. And, if we go with the corax cloning, then I can't see how the hidden clone troopers can blast away the loyalists eagles and a warden fleet. This is not space invaders. The whole construct with the clones surprise attack is then flawed and we need to return to only Alexos opens fire on the wardens. No loyalists, no clones.

Damnit, we really are dealing with too much stuff for me to hold in my head. I'm leaving all this stuff on hold and delving back into Book 1.

We never said it'd be only clones. It'd be those original Eagle Warriors Alexos has swayed, those recruited in secret by the outrider fleets and the clones.

Edited by bluntblade

@Mikhal: I thought it was Poseko who was the scientist? AO, clarification is needed.

They were designed using Qarith organs found within their warriors(some EW were implanted with them as well but not nearly so many). And I could easily see them being made with deamonified tech. Deamonculba/Deamonic Vitae womb anyone?

And I mean, when they're only really intended as cannon fodder who cares about quality? Just augment them with bionics and combat drugs and hurl them at the enemy.

I'm not gonna comment on the clone's numbers, although I think 400k is too high. But "true" Eagle Warriors shouldn't number above 150k in the whole legion at Terra and even that is bit iffy. It all depends on what the EW are doing during the Insurrection, seeing as we know they fight in the Blood Crusade but have no idea how many(personally I think they should be present in almost full strength) or what else they do.

To clarify, Alexos was always going to have the bulk of his true Astartes on his side against the Loyalist EWs. The clones I intended mostly to serve as easily replaced soldiers for the outriders while they built up their numbers.

@Mikhal: I thought it was Poseko who was the scientist? AO, clarification is needed.

Alexos has been one of the main scientists even before poseko was added to this project. He learned it in his early years and honed it during his 60 years of normal leading, he became even better during the insurection, its almost his main trade

To clarify, Alexos was always going to have the bulk of his true Astartes on his side against the Loyalist EWs. The clones I intended mostly to serve as easily replaced soldiers for the outriders while they built up their numbers.

most loyalist EW's became the base organ donors for the new clones, they were not killed, they were sacrificed, and proceededly used to supply base organs and the likes for the clones.

Using standard tech they are not easily produced.

I think AO will answer and clarify things when he has time. I bet he is atm cloning enough marines with paint to show us that we all are false amd he has a couple of million eagles on reserve.

@Drak: yep, if there ever will be rules, it should ne avoided that they are to close to the peons. Maybe adding a simple rule: unstable. Every round after round x has to be made a test. For every squadmember throw a dice. For every dice showing a 1 remove a member from the unit amd instead place a large blast over them. Every enemy unit who is touches it jas to make an ld test. If failed they are slipping on the remnants , are vommiting because of the disgusting scenes or cleaning their visors amd weapons because of the gore spread over them. They can't move, shoot or take cover this round. Except for berserkers of uran, they rejoice and get +1A. BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD

Damn AO108 you ninjaed me.

And yes the one personality seeks god as answer the other wants to get answers.with science. Makes sense

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

If you guys are going to make rules for these clones, keep in mind that the Warriors of Peace have their own corps of less-trained, easy-to-produce space marines. Not clones per se, but similar enough concept that we should avoid overlap.

I can't remember if I mentioned it before or not. But my suggestion for having clone armies would be to use the Militia army list with the Gene-crafted and Survivors of the Dark Age Provenances. That way you can get troops (Grenadiers) with WS3, BS4, S4, T3, W1, I4, A1, Ld7, Sv3+ for really cheap, which to my minds fits quite well with a clone army. If you were willing to not have 3+ armour you could take either Warrior Elite or Feral Warriors for either +1Ld or +1WS

For the Blood Crusade, how many maries will tge Eagle Warriors committ? 150k?

It should be a relatively large force seeing as, while Alexos is there to secure Raktra's allegiance to Khorne, the strategic reasoning for it is that Icarion wants to remove the Lions from the playing field and the 'serkers wouldn't be enough to do that on their own.

most loyalist EW's became the base organ donors for the new clones, they were not killed, they were sacrificed, and proceededly used to supply base organs and the likes for the clones.

That would have to be done carefully and in the utmost secrecy. How many companies are left under Takar for PR/smokescreen purposes?

about one spear, wich is 10k men, enough to quickly conquer alot of worlds with the help of the cognis, making it look like a huge force, but actually not that big.

Most of those become black shields after the insurection and during

Slips, we have a suggestion to ask that the Special Projects sub-forum be able to participate in ETL as it's own participant. I thought that the request might have a better chance if either you or I made the request since I'm kind of a half-breed Moderator, while you're a full one. Which one of us would have the better chance?

Slips, we have a suggestion to ask that the Special Projects sub-forum be able to participate in ETL as it's own participant. I thought that the request might have a better chance if either you or I made the request since I'm kind of a half-breed Moderator, while you're a full one. Which one of us would have the better chance?

Probably you since you're the project lead.