People, I hve a question: do you think that the entire Crimson Lions legion should be at Terra?

My thought was that the majority of the legion could be further north still heading for Terra or whatever and the force present on Terra was picked by Hec to rush in order to arrive at Terra in time

Well Sigi, you threw the gauntlet down.

+++++

From above, this must look like a remembrancer’s fevered imaginings of strife. The battle is too surely chaotic to be real, the scenario so absurd as to be beyond even the most deranged mind. That Mars, greatest of all Forge Worlds, seat of the revered Mechanicus, could be engulfed in rebellion. A nightmare believable only in the dreaming, dispelled as soon as the dreamer wakes.

Yet my own senses tell me that this is not so. I see the bodies of my brothers and cousins, brought down by the murderous bolts of Arc Rifles. The screeching that signals a Rustwalker attack is inescapable with my enhanced hearing. I feel the recoil of my volkite as I reduce a Skitarius to glowing fragments. And as I knock a power sword aside with my gun, drawing my gladius to run it through my attacker's head, it goes beyond the senses. My instincts as a warrior tell me that, against all reason, these are my enemies.

So why do I record this? As a statement of defiance, I suppose. We are not paralysed by disbelief and dismay, as the traitors hoped. Mars will not be wrested from the hands of the Emperor. Those who thought us weak will rue the way they have underestimated us.

This then, is for you. You, who disparaged us all those years and refused to understand the true nature of strength. Berserkers, Grave Stalkers, Warbringers, Drowned Men. Arrogance and ignorance are invariably punished. Once we have purged Mars, you will taste our wrath.

And you, once our dearest brothers. The Harbingers, as you name yourselves. I do not know which sickens me more, that you murdered our brothers or your belief that we would follow you into this treachery. You, of all the traitors, will reap the whirlwind. And mark this: we will deliver your punishment. You and your followers were always too quick to paint us as diplomats and nothing more. The truth was always there in the warcry that springs from a hundred thousand vox-grilles.

The Emperor strikes. We are his sword.

- Brother Seleucus of the Halcyon Wardens, later the second Commander of the Crimson Crusaders (on the middle left, with the volkite)

Edited by bluntblade

People, I hve a question: do you think that the entire Crimson Lions legion should be at Terra?

My thought was that the majority of the legion could be further north still heading for Terra or whatever and the force present on Terra was picked by Hec to rush in order to arrive at Terra in time

All the 'serkers will be there, hellishly beefed up with Daemon Rak in tow, so I'd have no qualms.

I would just say yes because since we we have almost 30 years opposed to 7 the traitors will be farther fallen and have more gifts of chaos and likely more daemons and dark tech. Our siege will make the HH's look positively quaint.

As rhedd said it. The moment the siege occurs, all powers are needed. And then the countercursade launches from terra driving the forces of chaos back to hell. And we have alex who would have forseen the siege. Not just by divination but by sheer tactical reasons as the traitors push them back to earth.

At this point, the only outline I'm confident of is Insurrection. In October, we'll make a new outline of Book 2, now that we have the Predators and Grifft wants to push back the Grave Stalkers. When we have Corruption's outline established, then I'll revise the latter two accordingly.

As a reminder, we are going to have four books: Insurrection, Corruption, Reformation, and Absolution.

Are these four books like Horus Heresy novels or like the Forgeworld rulebooks?

Rulebooks. I've put no theoretical limit on the number of novels we could write.

Meros will write a great crusade story series with 5000 pages depicting the life of a screw on the board toilet of the wardens flagship. It will be so damn cool. His 2nd series will depict a screw on the crimaon lions flagship. All togheter vuilt an universe were the last depicts the corrupted screw on a chaos flagship. The personal toilet for the big beasts. I am so damn looking forwrd to it^^

If I may, I'll contribute what I can to the rulebooks, and of course I'll be writing fanfiction for the next 10,000 years so you can count on me for that.

Aye, Mikhal. It'll be a fine series. Those toilet screws have so much potential for a thrilling novel.

Had an idea for a Chaos unit in the late insurrection. I thought that Alexos could combine his knowledge of Chaos with Poseko's knowledge of sm biology to create "hatched" gal-vorbak or sm, who lack the training and such that make sm really dangerous but make up for it with the ferocity they get from being gal-vorbak and their numbers. Or potentially the traitor legions could start with that and then refine it to produce space marines with all the muscle memories of their training implanted into them pyschicly but little capacity for independent thought.

That reminds me of Red Fury, the third Blood Angels book, in which an army of failed Blood Angel clones mistakenly created by a Sanguinary Priest assault the fortress monastery.

That occurred based off knowledge that Corax used cloning to produce marines after his grevious losses on Isstvan, with technology granted to him by the Emperor. If perhaps instead, one of your traitor legions was able to steal this technology, or even try and replicate what the Emperor has like the Sanguinary Priest did, they'd have a means of producing vast armies of clones.

Edited by Apothecary Meros

Even for cloning, thats a pretty insane amount of Legionnaires.

Consider that, in the cannon, at the Siege of Terra, all Traitor Legions Combined probably barely reached that number of Marines Present.