I also have an administrative announcement. Up to this point, we've been operating on this guideline for unique legions assets: 3 Characters - 3 Wargear - 3 units

After a day of intensive research, I am changing it to this: 1 Wargear - 2 Units - 3 Characters with three blank 'slots'. Slots can be used to fill out a new entry in any of these three categories or be used to provide a one-time upgrade to a previous entry, e.g. turn something from good to great.

So, finished the model! i DID go in the end for a predator model! this is a good example of what my level two looks like.

Btw, seeing the huge support, I WILL still be doing a halycon warden unit, it will be a 5 man veteran squad, just so that we have that hole filled in ;)

i have another 5 vets laying around ready for painting! What legion would you like to see for those guys? Can be anything!

the dread:

gallery_79144_12271_268068.jpg

gallery_79144_12271_1429545.jpg

gallery_79144_12271_200172.jpg

Sigismund, next task:

Capt Kylan is still shocked of the refugees murder and tries to negotiate.with.his bosses to take actiom. They refuse, but it is said that the light somehow finds a way. Kylan shares some men around him and hunt the jackals down. But after returning... Well^^ it is your task to fill. Gnahaha. That is a hard one. PoV: A round kylans nolter and kylan of course^^

@Mikhal: ;)

It had begun life as a pile of raw materials. Brass, adamantium, explosive, fuel. Then, painstakingly and over the course of many days it had gradually taken form as the artisan's deft fingers crafted it into its final shape and etched those words on its casing, Luctum Vanquor Totem, light conquers all. Then it had been loaded into a magazine and languished for years in ammunition storage. Now, loaded into a bolter and in the weapon's chamber, it was about to be used for its purpose, the purpose for which it had been built. Its tiny machine spirit hungered to be let loose; to fly forth from a weapon's barrel and tear into flesh and bone. Then, a gold armoured finger pulled the bolter's trigger and it flew forwards, speeding through the air until finally, it exploded in the join between a Stygian Jackal's helmet and breastplate.

Kylan smiled grimly as the Jackal's neck exploded in a welter of blood and gobbets of flesh. The warrior fell to the floor, clutching at the remains of his throat and desperately trying to drag in air through his shattered windpipe. All around Kylan, the Stygian Jackals were being felled by precision bolter shots or slices from tonfas. The light had come for them and they, like so many others, would fall before it. These Stygian Jackals had been raiding refugee ships for the better part of a year now and Kylan hated them for it. The sons of Gwalchavad rarely felt hate but when they did it burned hotter than the fire of a thousand sons, burning through their veins until unleashed upon the source of their hate. It felt good to do so, letting all the fire that had built up inside him out in a storm of rage. Kylan felt pure again, unsullied by hatred's dark touch.

His needed this. His superiors had denied him the chance to lead his company on a hunt and kill mission against the Stygian Jackals. Yet light must always stand in defiance of the dark, else it is not light. So Kylan had asked for volounteers from his company. They had all volounteered to a man, eager to release the hate building in their hearts just as their captain was. Now they scythed their way through the Stygian Jackals, releasing the acid from their veins. There would be consequences for this independent action. Kylan knew that. But he didn't care.

Kylan stood before a council of Wardens of Light. They had been called upon to judge him. He accepted and had expected that. But then, something he did not expect happened. The great doors of the Chamber of Judgement swung open behind him and in walked Gwalchavad, his newly gilded armour glittering in the light and while he still walked with a stifness that spoke of overtaxed muscles and the devestation caused to his body by Travier, Kylan's heart leapt to see him for the first time in a decade. Then Gwalchavad strode over to a throne in the centre of the pannel of judges and sat down, giving a barely perceptible nod. And the trial began.

It went on for three hours. Finally, when the primarch had had all the evidence laid before him, he spoke, his words gentle and soft spoken yet somehow carrying to every corner of the room and underpinned with steel. "Captain Kylan. You have breached discipline and hunted a force of Stygian Jackals, causing the deaths of four Wardens of Light. By all the laws of the legions you should be stripped of your rank and undergo servitor conversion". Then the primarch fixed Kylan with his gaze, his penetrating blue eyes staring at Kylan from behind his mask and boring into the very depths of his soul. "Yet these are not the times when those laws were written. Darkness encroaches all around and threatens to consume us all. You were right to make a stand, for the light can never give way before darkness".

To my knowledge the Scions have 3 items of equipment too:

• Obscura-Pattern Jump Pack
  • Iona-Pattern Narthecium Array
  • Wave Blade
Not sure if those have changed since I added them though.

Oh yeah. Don't know how I forgot the Narthecium after I wrote Odyssalas sticking one in an opponent's eye.

So, finished the model! i DID go in the end for a predator model! this is a good example of what my level two looks like.

Btw, seeing the huge support, I WILL still be doing a halycon warden unit, it will be a 5 man veteran squad, just so that we have that hole filled in :wink:

i have another 5 vets laying around ready for painting! What legion would you like to see for those guys? Can be anything!

the dread:

gallery_79144_12271_268068.jpg

gallery_79144_12271_1429545.jpg

gallery_79144_12271_200172.jpg

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/oh-my-god-memes/cf94caf8a630c6b95b12f256c56cab66d196f1ae0bb4bae189a5af05e7cd510b.jpg

Love it! :D

Oh yeah. Don't know how I forgot the Narthecium after I wrote Odyssalas sticking one in an opponent's eye.

I did that once, at least the canon version of me did in Fear to Tread.

That poor, poor Word Bearer.

Edited by Apothecary Meros

Meltas. Got it.

What do you guys think about having a basic summary of events? More detailed than the timeline, but just enough so that people can understand important events, such as primarch deaths, the creation of the Suzerainty, splitting into cohorts, that kinda stuff. Right now, having to go through all of these threads to glean basic information is a bit of a nightmare for newcomers. Speaking from experience.

Meltas. Got it.

What do you guys think about having a basic summary of events? More detailed than the timeline, but just enough so that people can understand important events, such as primarch deaths, the creation of the Suzerainty, splitting into cohorts, that kinda stuff. Right now, having to go through all of these threads to glean basic information is a bit of a nightmare for newcomers. Speaking from experience.

We have a man on it.

As the man on it I should have the core of it done and up early next week. It would be this weekend but it's my birthday, the opening of the Renfest and the Dream Cruise all this weekend so after tonight I will barely have a free moment. But yes for all available information from big events, battles, etcetera will be included up until the end of the scouring and the cohort division in a neat and tidy timeline. I will be doing a Wiki that'll cover all factions and forces unique to the BotLverse or our modifications to units like the Sisters of Silence, but that'll take me a few weeks.