Question:

IInd Legion (Space Wolves) were split between the Lions and the Bears, ok

Would like to go deeper in a possible small campaign about the surviving Wolves which will lead in their indipendence and the beginning of their blackshield career. Would we have some space for something like this?

Thinking about a campaign the size of one of these written in HH: Retribution about Blackshields and Shattered Legions.

Now I know that there are some among us who wouldn't want the Wolves to return on the stage. But I wanted to ask the whole team nevertheless.

Other factions possibly included (or playing a decisive role): Bears, Lions, Drowned, Harbringers, demons

No probs with that.

If we have a book where all those little sidekicks come in, then there could be a place for wolves blackshields as well. And a.story of a 1000son who awales from stasis and deteriorates.

PS: You should change your Signature. The Predators are missing

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I've sent the ETL request to Semper. Fingers crossed, brothers.

Haven't heard anything from Semper but if I were a betting man, I'd say we'd probably get lumped in with the AoD Section since, on a technical level, this is still 30k :p

Question:

IInd Legion (Space Wolves) were split between the Lions and the Bears, ok

Would like to go deeper in a possible small campaign about the surviving Wolves which will lead in their indipendence and the beginning of their blackshield career. Would we have some space for something like this?

Thinking about a campaign the size of one of these written in HH: Retribution about Blackshields and Shattered Legions.

Now I know that there are some among us who wouldn't want the Wolves to return on the stage. But I wanted to ask the whole team nevertheless.

Other factions possibly included (or playing a decisive role): Bears, Lions, Drowned, Harbringers, demons

Are you asking about if the Wolves can or will later leave the Bears & Lions to become Black Shields?

Well...yep. ^^

Had in mind that some of them would really like to find out of what happened with Leman and the Rout. As you know, they can be really stubborn. :wink:

While most of them stay loyal in order to proove their worth and to fullfill their oaths, some leave the Imperium to have a look by themselves.

These "renegades" (either from the Bears as well or Lions) might meet Icarion or another one who might know the truth, learning just enough to abandoned their oaths and blame the Imperium for the death of Leman. (And therefore are lured unto the side of the traitor forces). In trying to avenge their slain brothers, they start to raid the Imperium during the Insurrection, becoming the Helriders.

The Bears (especially the 2nd Great Wartribe with Ezibiknh (jezz, what a name, how do you even say it? ^^)) fight against the Helriders. In doing so, the Nightwolves are very interested in bringing down these oathbreakers. In a duel between Krom Warcaller (Helrider leader) and Veljar Nightwolf (loyal leader), Krom blames the Imperium for what happened with Leman. Though Veljar doesn't believe him, the duel gives rise to doubts.

The Helriders can escape and join the wider campaign of the Stormborn.

Sometimes during the Insurrection, the Nightwolves can defeat the Helriders. When Veljar starts to question his Legions fate, he is fobbed off, saying that there were more important things to do than to haunt ghosts.

That is the straw to break the camel's back. He contacts other groups of the Vlka and when the time is right, they leave their formations to search for the truth and the one responsible for their fathers demise. A Great Hunt is declared.

Although the had abandoned their posts and regrouped into a Blackshield force, they are still loyal, helping loyalists forces or fighting against traitors and Kozjas troops as well.

That's what I have for their arc right now.

Edited by Kelborn

Well the biggest problem is no one can know that the Wolves exist; outside of the Dauntless Few and their sons, and The Emperor, Malcador, and Valdor. No one is supposed to know they exist at all; not the 14 other Primarchs, nor the Lord's of Terra.

It was a massive feint pulled off to save Fenris and people (Simison changed it so Fenris isn't destroyed so now it's a vassal state of the Iron Bears).

If they were to expose themselves as Vlka they know it'd be incredibly damning to both The Bears and Lions; So I can't really imagine after losing so much they'd risk those they already considered family. And Hectarion and Daer'dd had both put in 50 years worth of significant resources seeking information on Russ as there are arguably no Primarchs closer than those three, so it's not like they had been told no and to just accept it either. And by the Day of Revelations it's been 94 years since it happened.

Also from my end the Golden Eyed Sons (Bears whom are Wolves) are pretty well plotted out till the End Times.

So personally I can't really support the concept, I don't think it's a terrible idea I just don't think it fits.

I understand your reasoning. But it will always give some who are non confident. The helruders would try to spread the truthm the nightwolves to contain it. And i don't think all will defect. Only a veeeeery small number i can envision.

The loss of the Bears weighs heavily on Pionus and Antonidas, even if the other Scions know little about them. They're never spoken of directly, except in an outburst by Antonidas in private Edited by bluntblade

Sigismund to the rescue!

I agree with Redd that they shouldn't campaign as wolves. It just shouldn't happen due to all the reasons Redd presented above. However, in the Crimson Lions many of the former Wolves chose to follow the path of the wandering warrior and become cocidii. It could be a cocidii warbad who are outwardly viewed as Crimson Lions but in actual fact many are sw(which could be hinted at throughout).

Among the Crimson Lions they're called "Wolf brothers" although, seeing as the CL space wolves masquerade as Terrans(not something I imagine they could do in other legions), most assume this refers to the Blood Wolves.

Edited by Sigismund229

Ok, it was the right thing to ask. ;)

Got your point. What if I make the Helriders a normal bunch of traitors who joined Icarion. Because of them breaking their oaths and to prevent them from revealing the secret about the wolves, Ezebiknh either tasks his golden eyed brothers (or he himself is tasked) to hunt down the Helriders.

This or the renegade Helriders are just the adversary of the 2nd Grand Wartribe in their little campaign with flexible time of happening.

??

Received a response:

"The ETL is based around the Codex vs. Codex concept since its inception. As such only forums that are directly associated with at least one Codex are taking part. In fact the only exception (and that was in the past) was for some years the Liber, mainly due to the structure of the boards at the time. And even then they had to use exclusively the Codex Space Marines for their entries. Now since the restructuring of the boards a couple of years ago, the Liber is no longer an ETL faction in its own right and members who would participate as part of the Liber "faction" can now choose which Codex to support and align with the faction that represents it. It is also more appropriate, as there was no fundamental reason for Liberites to align with the Codex Space Marines necessarily.

I think the same applies in the case of the Special Projects. Which codex would be appropriate for them to align with? I don't think there is a particular one but even if there was, why not join the Faction that already represents that codex. I believe it would be preferable to leave the individual members to choose their faction as Special Projects is not directly associated with any codex or faction.

HOWEVER, and I think you'll find this interesting, the Liber run its own side event called "the Spirit of the ETL" where frater that identify themselves as "Liberites" pledged their existing ETL vows from whichever Faction they may belong and make an unofficial Strategium where Liberites have fun, are supportive of their preferred place in the B&C and it does not conflict with the established mechanics of the ETL. If anything it works as added motivation.

So if you think that there are some hardcore Special Projects' people that want to take part in the ETL (I assume there are some given your request), you may collect them in a thread and ask them to pledge for the Special Projects in an unofficial "Strategium" as well (not instead of, because otherwise they will not count for ETL purposes) and even have a competition with the Liber!

You can find the Liber thread here: http://www.bolterand...rit-of-the-etl/ "

We don't have a codex ;_;

Age of Darkness...? I guess that'd be closest to what we are. But that begs the question of what happens when we advance the timeline. Or if someone does models for post-Insurrection characters?

Anyways, on a completely unrelated note, I just made a signature banner.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Feel free to use it if you like!

We don't have a codex ;_;

Age of Darkness...? I guess that'd be closest to what we are. But that begs the question of what happens when we advance the timeline. Or if someone does models for post-Insurrection characters?

Anyways, on a completely unrelated note, I just made a signature banner.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Feel free to use it if you like!

I am grabbing that banner!

Yeah, since Insurrection isn't ready, we'd default to the Age of Darkness forum. But, we could make it clear that we are a sub-faction within AoD and also participate in the Spirit of ETL with Liber and make our presence known there, too.

@Mikhal: I just took the liberty of doing a mock-up of the shield/skull design discussed in the XX thread earlier. Lord Thorn I think may be working on it, but I wanted to get this out there.

And doing the Spirit of ETL sounds like a good idea. We shall spread our tendrils to new corners of the B&C...mwahahaha...

I'm loving that banner! Great job, Drak. Loving the Predators symbol. Good thing is that it looks a bit like the Phantom Blades' one, enabling me to implement them as one of the Predators chapters. :D

Can somebody tell me how I can use a picture as a link?