Happy Birthday Drak and Redd :)

Can anyone tell me how you switch modes with a combi weapon? Is there a trigger for each component, or something more elegant?

Happy birthdays, you :cussing :cuss :cusss!

R.e. the combi weapons, there's a switch to flip between the two modes, at least according to an old-ass short story about Tycho.

Odyssalas turned to Nibaasiniiwi. "I don't see why Daer'dd's 'birthday' requires us hunkering down in a bunker."

Nibaasiniiwi had just finished sealing his helmet. "Well, you're familiar with the old Terran custom of the dirty pint, right?"

"Yes, and I don't see how a pint of anything could trouble your Primarch."

Cass pulled on his own helmet. "Yes, but you know how Hectarion likes to scale things up."

Odyssalas felt a chill of apprehension. "So, a dirty gallon? A litre? Decilitre?"

"Hectolitre."

No Astartes knows their measures of volume as well as a Scion Hospitalier. Odyssalas rammed his helmet onto his head and, for good measure, took shelter under a convenient table. He wondered where Khârn had acquired that breacher shield from. Small tremors shook the bunker.

"Poor Solomon."

"Aye. Daer'dd's hangover breakfast takes more cooking than most banquets."

Edited by bluntblade

Well, looks like we have a new special rule for Daer'dd-

The Mother Of All Hangovers: Before the battle begins, roll a D6. On a roll of 2-5 place Daer'dd on the board as normal, if the result is a 1 then yesterday just so happened to be Daer'dd's birthday and is unable to take part in the battle; immediately remove Daer'dd as a casualty.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

The Mother Of All Hangovers: Before the battle begins, roll a D6. On a roll of 2-5 place Daer'dd on the board as normal, if the result is a 1 then yesterday just so happened to be Daer'dd's birthday and is unable to take part in the battle; immediately remove Daer'dd as a casualty.

This gives rise to the rule No One Wants To Wake Up The Big Guy:

All combatants take the day off and lounge around on sofas, watching pict-vids of often dubious quality.

All combatants take the day off and lounge around on sofas, watching pict-vids of often dubious quality.

Alternatively named Don't Poke The Bear.

Alternatively named Don't Poke The Bear.

Noble Astartes: if your Primarch has a hangover, do not fear. Use your orbital beacons (thus sacrificing any means of actual reinforcement) for a drop pod pizza delivery direct to the front lines. Stheel Rehn has never tasted so good!

@Kelborn: Depends on Andezo's personality. Jade would probably find most of the bro-verse primarchs insufferable. To figure out if they'd get along, just imagine his personality as Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock and go from there.

I've never thought of it like that, but it makes perfect sense.

I see.

Well, Holmes gets along with Watson quite well, aye? ;)

Jade and Andezo could get along as both of them have a different view on the universe, etc.

They could complement each other in terms of philosophy, one being the cold analytic, the other being connected to people and got a spiritual pov.

I get the feeling the only other Primarch Jade would actually tolerate would be Kozja, and only because they share similar views and goals. But even then there's no brotherly warmth from Jade, just him using Kozja to further his own aims. Pre-Insurrection, I reckon he and Pionius would have respect for each other's scientific skills but nothing but disdain for each other due to their difference of opinion regarding genetics.