Yep. Why?

Just a suggestion before you start painting but if it's super glue you might be able to get the arms off (they should be on pegs anyway). This will enable you to add other weapon options (such as FWs Mk V Dreadnought line) at a later date and thus increase the flexibility of your collection.

Interesting - Thanks!

On the note of Dreadnought load, do we have any insight as to the weapons load outs for the blood angels contemptor when it gets released? I'm hoping for blood talons and / or Frag Canon option but don't know if it will happen. Basically trying to work out if it's worth converting a standard contemptor now or just holding off for official release.

Anyone got any thoughts / insight?

Edited by SM1981

Interesting - Thanks!

On the note of Dreadnought load, do we have any insight as to the weapons load outs for the blood angels contemptor when it gets released? I'm hoping for blood talons and / or Frag Canon option but don't know if it will happen. Basically trying to work out if it's worth converting a standard contemptor now or just holding off for official release.

Anyone got any thoughts / insight?

BA Contemptor discussion. Other than that, no. The next book in the HH series will see us get our Legion rules but no model/unit rules. This should mean that we'll have to wait longer for our Legion Contemptor.

Conversion-wise, it really depends how much you want it :) But plastic Contemptors should appear on eBay soon so take that, add on some BA brass etch, make the frag cannon from the multi-melta contemptor arm and away you go.

Maybe on the next one - I have never done that before and am wary of time constraints! Although that is tempting for future miniatures - Any recommendations on where to get an appropriately sized drill?

Well those particular gun barrels are quite big... Do you have a pin vice / hobby drill? I'd use that to make a pilot hole then make it bigger with a 2mm, then 3mm, then 4mm (maybe) drill bit.

For the bigger ones just use a standard drill bit and turn it with your hand.

The jury is out on metal gun barrels.

Thread updated!

And after a "Work from home afternoon" my secondary vow is complete!

Now off to do some actual work for so I can pay for all these damn mini's (and I don't mean the kids!)

Two weeks to go...

Sixteen from the Angelic Host still have vows incomplete!

Edited by Jolemai

Whilst good to know this is purely a logistics thing for me...

I'm still trying to educate myself as to which drills are good / bad / ugly, and what drill bits to buy. Then I'd need to get up to speed on using it to the point where I'm confident enough to use on a dreadnought / more meaningful model (at least in comparison to spare bolter / parts / etc). Finally you add in shipping time to that and it begins to look a bit unfeasible.

Plus I'm happy enough with the guy for now. (I know sooner or later all models get revisited as skills develop / now techniques get learned / new kit gets bought / etc - but right now with what I have at my disposal he's at a place I'm happy with).

So can I consider vow 2 complete?

.... Dear British weather, please sort yourself out so I can paint my Deredeo.

At your never ending mercy,

Charlo.

Cereal boxes and newspaper to make a spray booth in a bathroom ;)

Failing that, maybe you can do it at your local GW or Independent store. Isn't Darksphere nearby to you?

Well, it's a twenty five min train ride to Kings Cross then however long on the tube/ foot to it, so not suuuuuper close!

No way my parents would let me spray anywhere in house :'( our garage is full of crap too. Although you gave me a good idea of where I maybe could at the weekend...

Twelve days to go...

Might want to get those completions in folks!

I'm glad I got mine done, but disappointed that I didn't vow anything additional. Breaking even I get.

You say that, but I've done an additional vow and am now having a tiny panic that I won't complete. I'll be gutted if my initial vow was in vain.

EDC