Cheque please!

gallery_19254_1203_553451.jpg

(on sprues 7 days ago)

gallery_19254_1203_4590.jpg

Painted, still some detailing to do at time of this photo but they are table-top ready. The grey base is actually painted grey - just need to add some static grass and paint the rim to match previous dreads, the brown one will be getting a bit of grass too.

Vow completed (if only it wasn't 6 months too late!)

Cheque please!

gallery_19254_1203_553451.jpg

(on sprues 7 days ago)

gallery_19254_1203_4590.jpg

Painted, still some detailing to do at time of this photo but they are table-top ready. The grey base is actually painted grey - just need to add some static grass and paint the rim to match previous dreads, the brown one will be getting a bit of grass too.

Vow completed (if only it wasn't 6 months too late!)

Congratulations and thread updated!

Hexagonal pot - tick. Blue cap - tick. And trousers start to get tight!

What I really liked about the old washes was the way they pooled. I know GW harp on about how the new ones are designed not to, but they made shading / shadowing soooooo easy - as long as you were prepared to be a bit patient and do some clean up.

Edited by SM1981

So close, but so so far away!

gallery_48822_10393_279529.jpg

1 week to go and I have almost no time left to get this done!

So firstly I would like to thank Jolemai for starting RTS. Without him I wouldnt have even taken these guys off the half painted shelf!

Secondly Damn you Jolemai!!!!! I don't think Ive ever been under so much preasure to get a paint job done!

So firstly I would like to thank Jolemai for starting RTS. Without him I wouldnt have even taken these guys off the half painted shelf!

Secondly Damn you Jolemai!!!!! I don't think Ive ever been under so much preasure to get a paint job done!

Looking good buddy!

I'm loving the hazard stripes on the chainswords.

Just buy a pot of imperial primer dude. And a big brush. Hurricane Barney will do his best to bone you over mate.

Perhaps... But with black being my main armour colour it makes sense to spray black. Painting on abaddon isn't too bad though as a last resort.

Should i mention the guest appearance by a pot of Flesh Wash, c. 1993 in the lower picture?

:-)

Looking for bonus points? :wink: I do adore Flesh Wash. Use it all the time and acquired a second pot a while back so I'm set for a good few years yet. When I do finally run out I wont cry as according to this, I need Ink Wash - Flesh (133) from Coat D'arms to replace it.

So long as at least one person is "benefiting", then my job here is done :) Now lets see if my next event is as popular. It's going to be =][=REDACTED=][=

I've got some bad news for my vow. I sliced my finger open today. Wish I could I say it was because of hobby stuff but it wasn't. May have to request an extension from our Reclusiarch.

I'd say "pics or it didn't happen", but there are Flesh Eaters, etc, amongst those watching and to be fair, we'd best not encourage them. Let me know when it's healed up enough to paint :thumbsup:

Just buy a pot of imperial primer dude. And a big brush. Hurricane Barney will do his best to bone you over mate.

Perhaps... But with black being my main armour colour it makes sense to spray black. Painting on abaddon isn't too bad though as a last resort.

Haven't used Abaddon Black yet (still got lots of Chaos Black) but I can never seem to get the consistency right for undercoating with it. Don't even talk to me about Skull White in a pot :down:

Just buy a pot of imperial primer dude. And a big brush. Hurricane Barneya will do his best to bone you over mate.

It's not great mate. Im starting a Deredo also and tried using the abaddon black base as my undercoat. Basically it's been a mess. The paint won't stick properly to the resin without a genuine primer to attach to. The acrylic paint won't stay unless it has something to bond with and any contact results in the paint (and later layers you apply on top) just rubbing away. And that's after doing all the cleaning and brushing they recommend.

I'm sure you are vastly more experienced at this than I am, but my advice would be use the pot of primer.

Just buy a pot of imperial primer dude. And a big brush. Hurricane Barneya will do his best to bone you over mate.

It's not great mate. Im starting a Deredo also and tried using the abaddon black base as my undercoat. Basically it's been a mess. The paint won't stick properly to the resin without a genuine primer to attach to. The acrylic paint won't stay unless it has something to bond with and any contact results in the paint (and later layers you apply on top) just rubbing away. And that's after doing all the cleaning and brushing they recommend.

I'm sure you are vastly more experienced at this than I am, but my advice would be use the pot of primer.

Have you washed the resin to remove the release agent?

I did a big wash of the dreads buts before spraying. On my contemptor I had to touch up some bits with abaddon black, you just add minimal water (or flowaid and water in my case). A couple of coats for consistency.

Never as smooth and matte as the spray mind you, but I use Halfords which is beaut. Had people complement the black on my Raven which is literally just a spray coat in the past.

But hey - good news, the main components are slowly drying in the garden as we speak.

Update: Sanguinius smiles upon me this day. The bloody sun is out!

Edited by Charlo

I hope.

I washed the pieces in warm (not hot) water with a bit of washing up liquid. Brushed with an old tooth brush. Rinsed off. Padded dry with paper towels. Then let air dry for 2 days before painting.

Still been a real mess.

For me it's leason learned - and I will always use a primer on resin going forward.

I hope.

I washed the pieces in warm (not hot) water with a bit of washing up liquid. Brushed with an old tooth brush. Rinsed off. Padded dry with paper towels. Then let air dry for 2 days before painting.

Still been a real mess.

For me it's leason learned - and I will always use a primer on resin going forward.

Fair enough, but there might be something else at work. Does the resin still have a waxy sheen to it? It so then it might be sweating in which case, it's borked. If you do try it with a spray/primer and it doesn't work, maybe get in touch with FW?

Leadbelcher and Nuln is on and looking suitably dread-like.

Black touch-ups and red next!

Then i'll probably try and find some BA bling to stick on him so I have an excuse to use some gold.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-707313982002276102_zpsoluuu1cl.jpg

Now with red!

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-5868194920531760491_zpsdn6hfjih.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-889348359673477208_zpsmukkb6ag.jpg

At a loss on how to colour the missile launchers... Weapons on my dreads tend to be red/ silver but I don;t want to overload the model with red... Hmm probably tomorrows problem :P

Edited by Charlo