At last I got some time for my RTS vow! My very old Assault squad. You'll notice the entire squad is Mark IV!! Kind of fitting that I get them done just as Mark IV goes plastic with Betrayal at calth!

gallery_48822_10393_556648.jpg

First step they all need to be rebased which im in the middle of doing. Then some more modern highlighting techniques I've learned since starting these guys probably over 4 years ago! Then I just have to finish of the little details!

At last I got some time for my RTS vow! My very old Assault squad. You'll notice the entire squad is Mark IV!! Kind of fitting that I get them done just as Mark IV goes plastic with Betrayal at calth!

gallery_48822_10393_556648.jpg

First step they all need to be rebased which im in the middle of doing. Then some more modern highlighting techniques I've learned since starting these guys probably over 4 years ago! Then I just have to finish of the little details!

Why the need to re-base them? Also, you're going to finish before me at this rate...

Why the need to re-base them? Also, you're going to finish before me at this rate...

I want them to have the same bases as my newer units so they look more insync. These old style lava bases proved to costly and time consuming to make so I never really used alot of them.

[nitpick]I see non-MKIV legs and non-MKIV jump packs[/nitpick]

They look great tho :wink:

Yeah true, cant remember what my decision was behind that, but they all have the chests and helmets so I think they can be heresy era enough :P

Good news gentlemen!

My RTS vow is complete!

Here's where we started

And here they are completed

Refuter:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/10/10/749780_sm-Baal%2C%20Baal%20Predator%2C%20Bllod%20Angels%2C%20Blood%20Angels.jpg

Sunderer

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/2/755043_sm-Baal%2C%20Baal%20Pred%2C%20Baal%20Predator%2C%20Blood%20Angels.JPG

And here's Refuter with the alt weapon option (Flamestorm and HF sponsons) - note the switchable fuel tank on the rear of the turret. I also put the sponson fuel tanks on the side to cover the cap left from the lack of covers, however it does allow me to use them as TL HF on a razorback (albeit with them upside down :s)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/7/755962_sm-Baal%20Predator%2C%20Blood%20Angels%2C%20Flamestorm%20Cannon%2C%20Hf.JPG

We've got about 3 weeks to go, so I'm chucking a new vow in too:

I evildrcheese rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Blood angels Drop pod with magnetised deathwind laucher and stormbolter on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

It's quite far along, but I'm quite slow and I need a kick up the arse to get it complete. So the RTS is more than suitable.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/7/755963_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Drop%20Pod.JPG

EDC

I'm officially registering my failure to redeem myself. Between suddenly being saddled with two extra weeks of work I wasn't expecting or prepared for, and a medication change that did less than feth all, I just lack the time and wherewithal to complete my vow.

Edited by CaptainHelion

I'm officially registering my failure to redeem myself. Between suddenly being saddled with two extra weeks of work I wasn't expecting or prepared for, and a medication change that did less than feth all, I just lack the time and wherewithal to complete my vow.

Well, there's still time remaining ;) but we do understand. RL comes first after all.

Thread updated!

And after some final shading on the leg armour and highlights on metalics...

My primary vow is complete.

Did you cast Quickening to get done that fast :blink.: teach us your skills! Your signature certainly deserves one of these: gallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg

Good news gentlemen!

My RTS vow is complete!

Here's where we started

And here they are completed

Refuter:
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/10/10/749780_sm-Baal%2C%20Baal%20Predator%2C%20Bllod%20Angels%2C%20Blood%20Angels.jpg

Sunderer
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/2/755043_sm-Baal%2C%20Baal%20Pred%2C%20Baal%20Predator%2C%20Blood%20Angels.JPG

And here's Refuter with the alt weapon option (Flamestorm and HF sponsons) - note the switchable fuel tank on the rear of the turret. I also put the sponson fuel tanks on the side to cover the cap left from the lack of covers, however it does allow me to use them as TL HF on a razorback (albeit with them upside down :s)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/7/755962_sm-Baal%20Predator%2C%20Blood%20Angels%2C%20Flamestorm%20Cannon%2C%20Hf.JPG

We've got about 3 weeks to go, so I'm chucking a new vow in too:

I evildrcheese rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Blood angels Drop pod with magnetised deathwind laucher and stormbolter on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

It's quite far along, but I'm quite slow and I need a kick up the arse to get it complete. So the RTS is more than suitable.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/7/755963_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Drop%20Pod.JPG

EDC

Excellent work! Enjoy your gallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg but make sure you finish that Drop Pod or I'll be taking it back!!!

Evil Dr Cheese - Where did you get the winged blood drop icons and sanguinary masks for the sides of the vehicles - are they part of the kit or did you track them down on a bits site?

I've finally aquired myself a couple of drop pods and want to BA the scrotum out of them - that sort of kit would be just the ticket!

Edited by SM1981

Jolemai,

My Mrs took the babies to see her parents in Ireland for a week. End result, I got a couple of nights with no wife and kids around to plough into some personal projects. Not only did the Dread get painted, but the companies quarterly VAT report also got finished - happy days!

And yes I'm well aware of how dull that will sound to the younger generation of this forum.

And no that doesn't bother me at all.

Jolemai,

My Mrs took the babies to see her parents in Ireland for a week. End result, I got a couple of nights with no wife and kids around to plough into some personal projects. Not only did the Dread get painted, but the companies quarterly VAT report also got finished - happy days!

And yes I'm well aware of how dull that will sound to the younger generation of this forum.

And no that doesn't bother me at all.

Nothing like a spot of painting when the family are away :)

Evil Dr Cheese - Where did you get the winged blood drop icons and sanguinary masks for the sides of the vehicles - are they part of the kit or did you track them down on a bits site?

I've finally aquired myself a couple of drop pods and want to BA the scrotum out of them - that sort of kit would be just the ticket!

The Sang Guard heads are from the Sang Guard kit, I just cut the backs of the heads off so the mask would fit flush with the side of the tank. Likewise the wings on the turret are from the Sang Guard box.

The icon on the from of Refuter (gold star) is from the Baal Pred kit. The icon on the front of Sunderer is 2 bits. The wings with blood drop can be found in the Storm Raven kit, the large parchment is also in the Baal Pred kit. Also the wing gun guards are from the Baal Pred kit.

EDC

Edited by evildrcheese

Would like to submit a second vow:

Dreadnought 1 is getting lonely so have picked up another battle brother from ebay who needs saving. Initial pic below. Updates to follow!

Huge fan of rescue jobs :thumbsup: (well, my vow is one after all). Stick it in the correct vow format and you're good to go :)

Going to sound stupid here but what does AoBL stand for?

AoBR stands for Assault on Black Reach. It was the SM - Orks starter set for the fifth edition.

I SM1981 rise to the challenge of From Rage To Salvation and vow to complete a Dreadnought armed with Multi Melta and Powerfist on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angles Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will wear the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Updated to here!

Fifteen days to go folks...

I SM1981 rise to the challenge of From Rage To Salvation and vow to complete a Dreadnought armed with Multi Melta and Powerfist on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angles Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will wear the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Just remember that if you don't finish in time you lose your badge!

Ahh ok - Missed that along with most things 40K that occurred in the last 15+ years! I have no idea where the mini originally came from. Just know it ended up on ebay in a rather sorry condition! Fear not sons of Baal - our fallen battle brother shall be revived and restored to his rightful stature, a weapon of fearsome power to wreak the emperor's wrath of foul xenos and heretics a like!

Ahh ok - Missed that along with most things 40K that occurred in the last 15+ years! I have no idea where the mini originally came from. Just know it ended up on ebay in a rather sorry condition! Fear not sons of Baal - our fallen battle brother shall be revived and restored to his rightful stature, a weapon of fearsome power to wreak the emperor's wrath of foul xenos and heretics a like!

Are the arms glued?