Well, go Legio 'C' if you want Automata, or go Reductor if you want fancy and highly customisable tanks, I'd say.

It's not like you need cheap and expendable scoring troop units, since you already got those covered by your grenadier units.

a litle bit more than 500, a brutal allied that i used i used anti spartans is

land raider with ceramic and the flamers( or the mauler bolters if you want to be fairer)

and a unit of 3 mirmidons with double grav guns.

normally the graviton guns average 5 hp (bs 5 small blast and the size of the spartan makes very difficult to fail)

and the the landraider kills what is left.

as HQ, it depends what you need. same with troops

Cybernetica

HQ: Dominus

Troops: 2x Castellax with ETA and darkfire lances

Heavy Support: Thanatar with plasma mortar (optional paragon)

That's about 600. Gives you a strong, stompy center line with a lot of AP2 cover reducing fire.

Reductor

HQ: Archmagos Reductor, conversion beamer

Bodyguard: 2 Reductor Adepts with beamers, 4-8 servitors

Troops: 3 Thallax with plasma fusil and destroyer protocols

Heavy Support: Medusa with siege shield or Krios Venator

Also about 600. More durable and mobile scoring unit (I like them 6 strong but points are limited in this scenario), 3 relentless tank hunting/wrecking conversion beamers (Magos gets +3 on rolls. AV13 medusa that can toss regular or phosphex shells. Krios adds more anti-tank.

Silly

HQ: "Rainbow Bright" Myrmidax Magos - jet pack, 2 photon thrusters

Troops: 6 Thallax with destroyer protocols and 2 photon thrusters

Closer to 500. Fly around with 8 S6AP2 lance tank hunter shots, using the four lightning gun guys as 12 ablative wounds. Thallax reduce cover, boss precision strikes on 5+. If you want, you can put in rad grenades and heavy chain blades to stack with hatred.

Edited by Terminus

All three of those are great!

Thank Terminus.

Sayung I could free up about 300 extra points... Would a pair of Krios be worth it in a squad?

They'd be replacing some militia leman Russ. Can't help but feel behind the instant death from a battle cannon, the Lightning cannon (or other gun for tanks) is better.

Where are people going to put Scoria? I thought about how scary he'd be in a unit of two Thanatars earlier today, seeing as his warlord trait technically allows them to sweep. Expensive as hell, but also majority toughness 8 (so no dying to bolters).

Neither Thanatars nor Castellax have what it takes to be a close combat bodyguard - low WS and Attacks. Vorax, while squishier, have a lot more going for them. Arlatax are probably the money!

Arlatax would be the best option.

Mostly because with the Cybernetica "RoW" and Scoria's Cyberthurgy Spell-thing, they can get buffed up to I6 for some delicious shenanigans.

Neither Thanatars nor Castellax have what it takes to be a close combat bodyguard - low WS and Attacks. Vorax, while squishier, have a lot more going for them. Arlatax are probably the money!

He doesn't need a bodyguard, he is a freight train.  The Vorax are there just to deliver him into enemy lines, then they can go about their way. Arlatax would be slowed down by him.

Fair enough! I agree that Vorax are the better choice, seeing as Arlatax want to use their jump packs to get in range. Scoria is literally tougher than monstrous creature by himself, and he has a damage output that tops out at 15 wounds on the charge (average 6-7). Has anyone noticed his multiple wounds aren't limited to a single model but actually carry over to the unit? Brutal.

Being the ADHD hobbyist I am I've decided to get some big grumpy stompy robbits to catch a break from painting Power Armour (and I just ordered more marines *cough*), and was wondering how a decent Scoria Legio'C list should look. Having spent 2100 out of 2500 points I got this nailed down so far:

HQ

Anacharis Scoria 315
- Xanithe Abeyant

Troops
2x Castellax 300
- Darkfire Cannons, Dual Flamers, ETA
2x Castellax 300
- Darkfire Cannons, Dual Flamers, ETA

Fast Attack

The Homonculex - Arlatax 175

3x Vorax 240

- Bio-Corrosive Rounds, Frag Grenades

3x Vorax 240

- Bio-Corrosive Rounds, Frag Grenades

Heavy Support

Thanatar 265

- ETA

Thanatar 265

- ETA

So I have another 400 points to spend. I could go for 4x20 fearless thralls in carapace seeing as I'd need scoring anyway? However, I'm sure those points could see even better use, I'm just not experienced enough with the mechanicum list to see it.

Fair enough! I agree that Vorax are the better choice, seeing as Arlatax want to use their jump packs to get in range. Scoria is literally tougher than monstrous creature by himself, and he has a damage output that tops out at 15 wounds on the charge (average 6-7). Has anyone noticed his multiple wounds aren't limited to a single model but actually carry over to the unit? Brutal.

Hahahaha, jesus. What a monster. Terminus is spot on. Dude's a one man freight train.

Yeah, fair point Terminus about not needing a bodyguard. Was jut using the term as a descriptor.

I was super excited about him when his rules dropped, but now I feel like he's TOO good. Why would you take any other HQ now?

- He even makes Legio Cybernetica powerful again, despite the Cybernetica Cortex's lack of scoring.

- He can take down any other HQ easily, and will give Primarchs a run for their money.

- That level of awesome should have been reserved for Kelbor-Hal. :/

Well he technically is a big baddie and his FW gets sucked into the warp where he(if he's still kicking around) will be making all sorts of wonderful daemon forge thingies and hell blades/talons.

Sure he's no Kelbore Hal...but he is da big boss of a major Forgeworld.

Cybernetica is probably the weakest of the admech lists after the latest red book. Scoria makes them more appealing, but I feel you, I don't want to take something that's crazy good. I'm thinking him of a baby primarch and will bring him to 2000 point or higher games.

So I'm working on this allied Detachment too. I'm at about 650ish at the moment and have about 40 points to play around with, 70 if I replace the Photon with Grav on the Magos, but I think he needs the ap2 being such a baller anyway.

Perhaps I pump 40pts into the thralls?

That said - as this is an ally to dark compliance, I could ditch a squad of grenadiers in a Rhino and the thralls to let me take a semi tooled up unit of Thrallax...

In case you can't tell, these guys are there to blow up AV then just be a general nuisance, supporting my Terminators in the mid/ enemy field.

Magos Prime (280pts) [Abeyant, Archmagos Prime, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array, Myrmidax, 2x Photon Thruster]

+ Elites (350pts) +

Myrmidon Secutors (350pts)

····Myrmidon Lord [2x Graviton Gun]

····Myrmidon Secutor [2x Graviton Gun]

····Triaros Armoured Conveyor [Extra Armour]

+ Troops (35pts) +

Adsecularis Covenant (35pts) [10x Tech-thrall]

Edited by Charlo

Why aren't Ursarax ever mentioned as a good option? They look decent to me, and the preview models from the weekender looked pretty good. They seem to be good in redactor lists. Has anyone used proxies?

They were always kind of pricey, and are even more so now.  They can't sweep.  Other options in the FA section have gotten better or better ones have been introduced (Vorax, Arlatax).

Well he technically is a big baddie and his FW gets sucked into the warp where he(if he's still kicking around) will be making all sorts of wonderful daemon forge thingies and hell blades/talons.

Sure he's no Kelbore Hal...but he is da big boss of a major Forgeworld.

Dreykovac is an even "Bigger Deal" technically, yet he doesn't have eternal warrior and all these other shenanigans.  I feel like he should, and all our character Archmagi should have EW.

So I'm working on this allied Detachment too. I'm at about 650ish at the moment and have about 40 points to play around with, 70 if I replace the Photon with Grav on the Magos, but I think he needs the ap2 being such a baller anyway.

Perhaps I pump 40pts into the thralls?

That said - as this is an ally to dark compliance, I could ditch a squad of grenadiers in a Rhino and the thralls to let me take a semi tooled up unit of Thrallax...

In case you can't tell, these guys are there to blow up AV then just be a general nuisance, supporting my Terminators in the mid/ enemy field.

Magos Prime (280pts) [Abeyant, Archmagos Prime, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array, Myrmidax, 2x Photon Thruster]

+ Elites (350pts) +

Myrmidon Secutors (350pts)

····Myrmidon Lord [2x Graviton Gun]

····Triaros Armoured Conveyor [Extra Armour]

+ Troops (35pts) +

Adsecularis Covenant (35pts) [10x Tech-thrall]

As an eternal fan of Myrmidons, I love it.

Maybe that's the way to include Myrmies..as allies.

I really want to run a full on Myrmidon cult army :(

I know people are generally down on Calixes, but they seem to be a dual threat to me. Although slow, at least they can do something if they end up in melee, versus the vanilla version of the Thanax which really can't do anything and have a dead zone to worry about.

The plasma wave is certainly awesome, but a S10 shot isn't anything to ignore. I haven't purchased the Calix yet, has anyone used/proxied one yet? What was it like in actual table time?