In terms of looks it is awesome. But considering the same amount of points worth of Castellax with dark fire Lances are mostly better tank Hunters... It's just not viable.

They should have made it a weird super laser destroyer or the like. Instead of four firing as one it's a hugely overcharged single super Lascannon. 3 shots woop.

• 3 weeks later...

Good day fraters, with ETL approaching I'm thinking I would like to represent the Mechanicum. This is a perfect time for me and I plan to splooge and buy an entire army in one go.

I like robots. Is this list any good?

My main issue is HQ. There are so many alarmingly sexy options. I went with Archi-thingy for +1 BS and cyber occularis to support thanatar plasma spam.

The adsecularis provide an envelope of ablative wounds about the Thanatar.

The Vorax hunt for MEQ and Infantry.

The Castellax hunt MC or Dreadnoughts.

The Krios Venator pops tanks. Regular Krios melts MEQ.

I like the list as the only vehicles I need are three Krios. I'm keen to avoid triaros and other tanks for now.

+++ Redjak Taghmata (2500pts) +++

++ Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Magos Prime [Abeyant, Archaeotech Pistol, Archimandrite, Archmagos Prime, Augury Scanner, Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, 3x Cyber-occularis, Djinn-skein, Graviton Gun, Graviton Imploder, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades]

+ Troops +

Adsecularis Covenant [10x Tech-thrall, The Rite of Pure Thought]

Adsecularis Covenant [10x Tech-thrall, The Rite of Pure Thought]

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple [Enhanced Targeting Array]

Castellax class Battle-automata [Darkfire Cannon]

Thallax Cohort [Phase Plasma-fusil, 3x Thallax]

+ Fast Attack +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [bio-corrosive ammunition, Enhanced Targeting Array, 3x Vorax]

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [bio-corrosive ammunition, Enhanced Targeting Array, 3x Vorax]

+ Heavy Support +

Krios Battle Tank Squadron [Krios Venator Tank Destroyer]

Krios Battle Tank Squadron [Krios, Krios]

Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple [Enhanced Targeting Array, 2x Thanatar Class Siege-automata]

+ Legion +

Legio [Taghmata Omnissiah]

Or even better, come to the Dark side... We have a super scorpion Magos and out bots are infused with Daemons!

The Anarchia Scar-thingy guy with the Vodian Scepter? I plan on using him the moment FW release his model. 

Yes.

He is absolutely bat-:cuss crazy and I NEED him.

I find a Prime High Magos comes out to be the better part of 300 points anyway, so he's a steal.

What kind of bonuses do you get from Cybernetica then? I can handily swap my Castellax in that list to 2x 2 with DF & ETA while maintaining 2.5k points (dropped 5pts from King Magos somewhere like melta bombs or something).

Edit: +12 inch range on Cyberthurgy and +1I sounds amazing.

Vorax with I5 will be such good MEQ shredders oh my oh yes.

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

Cybernetica grants +1 initiative and a 24" cortex controller range at the cost of requiring an automata unit be taken before any other type in any force org slot. Pretty boss.

Especially since Scoria lets them run and sweep, and his rite of the beast gives them bonuses to both as well as hatred. For an entire unti, mind, not individual automata.

I mean, Scoria's Cyberthurgy + Arlatax + Cybernetica can = I6 Arlatax that can Sweep with a bunch of other buffs. (I4 Base, +1 "RoW", +1 Cyber)

soooooooo

Yeah!

^Pedantic point, AdMech won't be around for another 10k years.

The Adeptus part wasn't part of their nomenclature until being taken into the Imperial-ally fold thousands of years down the road.

What's up nerds?

Just decided to start a little mechanicum force. Don't really know all that much about them so will be making full use of this thread and 1d4

On first inspection, arlataks seem off the chain! And previews of models about!?

No preview of the Arlatax. But it is the same chassis as the Domitar I believe...

So it'll look like that with different weapons and a large jump pack. If you're doing a conversion couldn't go wrong with that. Scourge Coukd be the crazy flail from the Defiler kit too.