Yep, walkers in ruin is a sick bonus even without taking the Matrix (which I have given up ever being able to take to any event). Given how often tables have wrecked stuff, it's even more potent than giving all your guys move through cover and stealth on a city fight table with Skorr.

Why, What is wrong with that force org? it's the one im mainly looking at right now?

So I made a Dream list for my ordo reductor force: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/324197-2000pts-ordo-reductor-dream-list/

So if I understand it right, the Archmagos with the Dijiin skein would be able to pass on +1 bs, Sunder and +1 to the vehicle penetration chart within 6" as long as he doesn't shoot, or he can pass along through a servo skull +1 bs to anything within 6" of that, as well as provide LoS for barrage weapons?

So if I understand it right, the Archmagos with the Dijiin skein would be able to pass on +1 bs, Sunder and +1 to the vehicle penetration chart within 6" as long as he doesn't shoot, or he can pass along through a servo skull +1 bs to anything within 6" of that, as well as provide LoS for barrage weapons?

That is correct. It's a very nice bunch of buffs. One small thing to remember though, the +1BS from the skein works on a unit where the Master of Destruction only works on a single weapon that is heavy or ordinance. 

So a couple of points to check out in your list. It's very solid for the most part, but there are a couple things I think would get you more mileage out of it. 

1.) The small groups of Thallax will work better in several large groups. It will save you a few points since two groups 3x Thallax cost a little bit more than 6x Thallax. Too, since Cyborgs aren't fearless like their bigger automata cousins, it will also give you a little more leeway until you hit that first LD check for shooting casualties.

2.) Krios tanks are a little iffy. They aren't bad but why take another when you've got PotMS demolishers? The demo cannons are much more potent than the lightning cannon, the customizeable chassis of the artillery batteries are cheaper too. 

3.) Instead of stock Krios, what would you feel about some Venators? These things are potent as hell against anything that doesn't have a flare shield. Its also a prime candidate for that stack of buffs from the Archmagos Reductor that will get hella work done for you. It's typically what I go for in my own Dark Reductor lists.

That's 4x shots at BS5, Str9Ap1, Ordinance, Sunder 

Edited by Flint13

That is correct. It's a very nice bunch of buffs. One small thing to remember though, the +1BS from the skein works on a unit where the Master of Destruction only works on a single weapon that is heavy or ordinance. 

So a couple of points to check out in your list. It's very solid for the most part, but there are a couple things I think would get you more mileage out of it. 

1.) The small groups of Thallax will work better in several large groups. It will save you a few points since two groups 3x Thallax cost a little bit more than 6x Thallax. Too, since Cyborgs aren't fearless like their bigger automata cousins, it will also give you a little more leeway until you hit that first LD check for shooting casualties.

2.) Krios tanks are a little iffy. They aren't bad but why take another when you've got PotMS demolishers? The demo cannons are much more potent than the lightning cannon, the customizeable chassis of the artillery batteries are cheaper too. 

3.) Instead of stock Krios, what would you feel about some Venators? These things are potent as hell against anything that doesn't have a flare shield. Its also a prime candidate for that stack of buffs from the Archmagos Reductor that will get hella work done for you. It's typically what I go for in my own Dark Reductor lists.

That's 4x shots at BS5, Str9Ap1, Ordinance, Sunder 

whoops, My bad! Whenever I think krios I think the venator so I forgot to specify that both are the venators. My bad.  It's fixed now though!

do you have experience using the demolisher cannon batteries as assault tanks like that?

do you have experience using the demolisher cannon batteries as assault tanks like that?

Mhmm. It's what I tried out first before switching over to Medusas.

I understand the appeal of what looks like a similar weapon for 35pts less, but the demo cannons deal with a lot of issues that can really hamstring it in certain situations.

The biggest one is flare shields. They reduce the demo cannon to str8 so you're fishing for glances at that point, where the Medusa has a very good chance of penetrating a Spartan's side armor and doing legit damage w/ AP2. Too, while the demo cannon is only 12" shorter in range, it is also limited to direct fire. 

Mhmm. It's what I tried out first before switching over to Medusas.

I understand the appeal of what looks like a similar weapon for 35pts less, but the demo cannons deal with a lot of issues that can really hamstring it in certain situations.

The biggest one is flare shields. They reduce the demo cannon to str8 so you're fishing for glances at that point, where the Medusa has a very good chance of penetrating a Spartan's side armor and doing legit damage w/ AP2. Too, while the demo cannon is only 12" shorter in range, it is also limited to direct fire. 

True. I played Vindicators for vanilla marines in 5th. Still, does power of the machine spirit help out a lot?

Yes it does. I run mine with POTMS all the time. Being able to drive 12" and fire a shell is great, but most importantly, it prevents enemies for silencing your big gun. Shaken? Stunned? Who cares, POTMS.

The standard Krios tank is bad, because the lightning weapons are simply not very good until you get to Ordinatus-level. The venator is frankly amazeballs, and Mechanicum faces as many hard choices in heavy support as any Legion player.  Legion players love their Laser Vindicators, for good reason.

Offensively:

1 BS4 S9 AP1 ordnance, twin-linked shot if moving up to 6" (12" with machine spirit), 2 if still, 3 if still and take 1/6 chance to take a hull point

vs.

4 BS4 S9 AP2 ordnance, pinning shots always while moving 12"

Defensively:

13/11/10 HP3

vs.

13/12/10 HP3 with a flare shield and blessed autosimulacra, and can re-roll failed dangerous terrain checks

Cost:

20 points more for Mechanicum version, or 5 points cheaper if you take POTMS.

Yeah, Reductor does anything you can do bettah!

Edited by Terminus

The regular Krios is naff? A large s7ap3 rending shred blast is bad?

Is it because it's points inefficient? To me, a Squadron of those will be the bane of many Legion lists because it will smash MEQ and light vehicles like they're paper.

As will a load of Mauler cannons on a Castellax, or some Plasma Fusil Myrmidons or many other things in the list. Trashing MEQ and light AV is not a challenge for the Mechanicum.

Heavy Support is highly contested and the Venator version is just SO GOOD at it's job that the lightning cannon is a little hard to not overlook, plus after you factor in FNP & Cover those blasts aren't looking too hot anymore.

^Yeah, I still can't understand why they didn't make it a bigger version and not just the stock Krios cannon on the Knight.

One that fired three shots like the Questoris battle cannon or a 7" template might not be quite as bad.

Edited by Flint13

• 3 weeks later...

Alright since the last time I killed this thread with my stupid questions, I recently came into possession of a crapton of robots and myrmadons. I didn't really plan for this, so i'm kinda at a loss now. I know cyberneticacan be fun to play, but I never tried it before! so far what I have is:

4 Kastellen robots (I will probably use them as castellex)

2 castellex robots with darkfire cannons

2 Domitars

1 thanatar

6 Myrmadon destroyers

15 thralls (and over 40 skitarii I can use as thralls)

and 1 imperial knight.

anyone know how I can turn this into an awesome list?

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Alright since the last time I killed this thread with my stupid questions, I recently came into possession of a crapton of robots and myrmadons. I didn't really plan for this, so i'm kinda at a loss now. I know cyberneticacan be fun to play, but I never tried it before! so far what I have is:

2 Domitars

1 thanatar

6 Myrmadon destroyers

and 1 imperial knight.

I don't know about how awesome it actually would be but it sounds fun in my head... How about something like this:

HQ - Anarchis Scoria w/ abeyant

Troops - 4 x Castellax (Could split this into two squads of two)

2x Castellax w/ Darkfire, enhanced targeting array

Elites - 2 x Domitars w/ flak missiles, frag grenades (I know Domitars are considered over priced but you have them so...)

Heavy -

Thanatar w/ PoM, Enhanced Targeting array

Myrmidons - throw remaining points in here?

2 Domitars

1 thanatar

6 Myrmadon destroyers

and 1 imperial knight.

I don't know about how awesome it actually would be but it sounds fun in my head... How about something like this:

Elites - 2 x Domitars w/ flak missiles, frag grenades (I know Domitars are considered over priced but you have them so...)

Heavy -

I dunno what scoria does and i kinda would like to be a loyalist and play my own guys :pinch:  speaking of which what is a good loadout for an arch-magos? 

And myrmidons are tricky, but i was thinking of something along the lines of three guys with graviton imploders walking along and blasting whatever they see since I lack the transports and the knowledge on how to make them better, so I have no clue how to use them.

and truth be told, I may convert my domitars to artalax's for more of a CC unit :pirate:

2 Domitars

1 thanatar

6 Myrmadon destroyers

and 1 imperial knight.

Heavy -

I dunno what scoria does and i kinda would like to be a loyalist and play my own guys :pinch:  speaking of which what is a good loadout for an arch-magos? 

And myrmidons are tricky, but i was thinking of something along the lines of three guys with graviton imploders walking along and blasting whatever they see since I lack the transports and the knowledge on how to make them better, so I have no clue how to use them.

and truth be told, I may convert my domitars to artalax's for more of a CC unit :pirate:

Dont want to sound like that guy, but I would urge you to read the thread - its only 15 pages and all these questions have been answered. Another pro tip, play with what you have and you will learn what works or doesn't (i.e arletax or domitars)

Dont want to sound like that guy, but I would urge you to read the thread - its only 15 pages and all these questions have been answered. Another pro tip, play with what you have and you will learn what works or doesn't (i.e arletax or domitars)

Fair  point, I will probably play with domitars first to save myself the conversion stuff. I just wanna be sure what to do honestly :unsure.:

Converting a Domitar into Arlatax is a solid plan, the former is a great sculpt with terrible rules, the latter has great rules and no model in sight (not even a CAD yet).  I will probably buy at least one to convert a big bulky and scary Homonculex (Scoria's personal pet Arlatax).

I assume from the above list you got the magi that come with Kastelans, so you can use them as Magi Dominus.

HQ: Magos Dominus: cyber-familiar; machinator array; augury scanner - 120
Troops: 2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 4× flamers; frag grenades; 2x power blades - 260 (one goes here)
Troops: 2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 4x flamers; frag grenades; 2x power blades - 260
Troops: 2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 2x darkfire cannon; enhanced targetting array - 280 (one goes here)

Troops: 15 Adsecularis with Rite of Pure Thought - 65

Heavy Support: Thanatar Class Siege-automata: enhanced targeting array; paragon of metal - 300

Heavy Support: 6x Myrmidons, volkite culverins, 1x irradiation cleanser - 420

That's ~1800 points.

My current "All the Robots, don't care about objectives" list I'm building is this:

HQ: Skoria with Abeyant - 315
2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 4× flamers; frag grenades; 2x power blades - 260
2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 4x flamers; frag grenades - 240
2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 2x darkfire cannon; enhanced targetting array - 280
2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 2x darkfire cannon; enhanced targetting array - 280
5 Vorax Class Battle-automata: 1x irad cleanser; bio-corrosive ammunition; frag grenades - 410
Arlatax - Homonculex - 175
Thanatar Class Siege-automata: enhanced targeting array; paragon of metal - 300
2500 points

I may drop a vorax and a Magos for a second Arlatax, but that would be dependent on whether 2 cortex bubbles (1 outflanking) is enough and when the Arlatax model actually gets released. Could also drop a mauler castellax too, and roll one big maniple of 3 maulers and magos flanked by the darkfire maniples.

Edited by Terminus

Converting a Domitar into Arlatax is a solid plan, the former is a great sculpt with terrible rules, the latter has great rules and no model in sight (not even a CAD yet).  I will probably buy at least one to convert a big bulky and scary Homonculex (Scoria's personal pet Arlatax).

I assume from the above list you got the magi that come with Kastelans, so you can use them as Magi Dominus.

Troops: 2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 4× flamers; frag grenades; 2x power blades - 260 (one goes here)

Troops: 2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 4x flamers; frag grenades; 2x power blades - 260

Troops: 2x Castellax Class Battle-automata: 2x darkfire cannon; enhanced targetting array - 280 (one goes here)

Troops: 15 Adsecularis with Rite of Pure Thought - 65

Heavy Support: Thanatar Class Siege-automata: enhanced targeting array; paragon of metal - 300

Heavy Support: 6x Myrmidons, volkite culverins, 1x irradiation cleanser - 420

That's ~1800 points.

I do like that list, and I may make one magos an archmagos with that relic for cyberthurgy or something, as I also have other tech priests I could use. Would you recommend splitting them up as shown or is it better to have MSU of them? 

You need at least 2 for the compulsory troop slots. You could split the darkfire cannons if you wanted and had the troop slots.

The generic Archmagos Dominus is not very good, and the relic while awesome is not a pick up game item. Skoria has an innate power he can use on a full squad. That's why I like Vorax, they are I5 with him and give him scout to get up the board.