I tried out the Artalax's during my last game against non-legion rule space wolves and they did really well. As expected they ripped apart a cataphractii squad pretty good and they destroyed a contemptor before he could swing with the initiative buff. Overall I'm fairly happy with them!

Also, all my other robots did well too. by the end of turn 2 there was only a single model of my enemy left on the table out of 40 space marines, so it was a good fight!

If the game is down to the last turn, I would definitely consider going into hover mode if there is some enemy tactical squad on an objective I could sweep. Keeping it alive is worthless if you lose the game. 

I suppose, but that would be absolute last resort. You're statistically going to kill more with its guns anyway.

I tried out the Artalax's during my last game against non-legion rule space wolves and they did really well. As expected they ripped apart a cataphractii squad pretty good and they destroyed a contemptor before he could swing with the initiative buff. Overall I'm fairly happy with them!

Also, all my other robots did well too. by the end of turn 2 there was only a single model of my enemy left on the table out of 40 space marines, so it was a good fight!

Ouch, yeah when Legion go infantry heavy it kinda just plays into our hands. It's the drop pod and mech lists that give us a lot of issues, because they tend to encircle and outmaneuver us. Arlatax really need Beast mode though from Scoria. WS4 is very average. 

If the game is down to the last turn, I would definitely consider going into hover mode if there is some enemy tactical squad on an objective I could sweep. Keeping it alive is worthless if you lose the game. 

I suppose, but that would be absolute last resort. You're statistically going to kill more with its guns anyway.

Ouch, yeah when Legion go infantry heavy it kinda just plays into our hands. It's the drop pod and mech lists that give us a lot of issues, because they tend to encircle and outmaneuver us. Arlatax really need Beast mode though from Scoria. WS4 is very average. 

What was worse was his reserves came in piece meal in outflank, so one squad of two castellex ripped apart about 3 veteran tactical squads with minimum help from volkite myrmadons. power blades are absolutely worth it in my opinion just to get that extra attack. 

and yea, WS4 sucked cogs, but I still managed to get a good number of hits on a cataphractii squad when it appeared. 

What was worse was his reserves came in piece meal in outflank, so one squad of two castellex ripped apart about 3 veteran tactical squads with minimum help from volkite myrmadons. power blades are absolutely worth it in my opinion just to get that extra attack. 

and yea, WS4 sucked cogs, but I still managed to get a good number of hits on a cataphractii squad when it appeared. 

Damn. Yeah that's why I avoid Reserving anything with my lists, and why I don't take planes. Reserve rolls can just ruin your strategy. Poor guy. 

I'm still experimenting with my Castellax. Extra attacks is nice, but I do like Siege Wreckers for dealing with Legion Dreads and enemy vehicles. Also helps against stuff like multi-wound Terminators or Gal Vorbak. 

Drop pods shouldn't really be a problem for any branch of Taghmata because we have occularii.

You need Satarael or a Magos Prime though in Legio Cybernetica/Matrix of Ruin. Admittedly its insanely powerful to camp the probe behind Thanatars and basically deny most of the landing spaces. Pod lists haven't really taken off where I am yet, so for now I get by with Augury Scanners. Outflanking Veterans in Rhinos is a concern though, and scanners don't detect them (as they're not Deepstriking). 

• 2 weeks later...

So aside from Secutarii rules showing up earlier than we thought, there's this neat new thing in Inferno

Karacnos Assault Tank:

-Triaros tank chassis, RAD-ARTILLERY VARIANT (Heavy Support, of course)

-replaces transport capacity with the KARACNOS MORTAR BATTERY

(60" range Heavy 3 Barrage weapon, 3" Blast, Fleshbane, RAD-PHAGE, Ignores Cover, Pinning)

-replaces volkite sentinels with Lightning sentinels, that are just lightning guns with 3 shots each

-hefty price tag, costs a bit less than the basic Thanatar...

Very cool, if maybe not actually that useful. 

The Secutarii look pretty much exactly as their 40k experimental rules, except they drop Doctrina Imperatives for Titan Guard (re-roll morale & FNP when w/in 24" of an allied titan of any type) and Hazard Protocols. HP can be engaged in any turn and prevents the unit from Running as well as dropping WS & I by -1, but you fire Snap Shots at BS2 and get BS +1.

Both types of Secutarii can pick up Augury Scanners now, too. Oh, and they're troops for Taghmata & Reductor now, but can never be compulsory unless you have a Titan (of any kind).

I skipped over him earlier, had a bit of rules overload ADD. 

Axiarch (HQ)

He runs a reasonable statline of 4 5 4 4 3 4 3 9 (3+)

Wargear:

• Refractor Field, Arc Maul, Radium Pistol, Kyropatris field generator
  • Titanshard Armour (grants It Will Not Die and I guess it did something to his statline that's already included). It's literally made out of old Titans.
  • Can exchange Radium Pistol for Arc pistol, Volkite Serpenta, Photon Gauntlet, or Archaeotech pistol
  • Can exchange Arc Maul for Power Weapon, Corposant Stave, or Power Fist
  • Can ditch both for Arc lance & Mag-inverter shield
  • Option to master-craft a thing, whoopee
  • Can buy Omnispex, Shattersphere grenades & Augury scanner

Special Rules:

• Hazard Protocols, Titan Guard, FnP(6+), Stubborn, Precision Shots
  • Binaric Stratagems: all units in the Detachment with Hazard Protocols can gain one of the following for the game (and only one, regardless of how many Axiarchs you take) -> FnP boosted to 5+, gain Move Through Cover, +1 on Vehicle Damage Table results, or Preferred Enemy (Infantry)

He'll run you a little more than a basic Legion Centurion.

Peltasts are NOT the same. 1 point cheaper, but have to pay for the ap3 rounds. They can also ALL take radium carbine for free. Or pay points for arc rifles.

They also get the land train as a dedicated transport.

The Axiarch is amazing too. I think these guys will be a mainstay of my cybernetica list. While not compulsory, they would still score. And do a lot more damage than tech thralls.

*edit* alphas also went to 2 wounds. And arc rifles are only 12". I wonder if that's a typo...

Edited by Castellan Cato

Peltasts are NOT the same. 1 point cheaper, but have to pay for the ap3 rounds. They can also ALL take radium carbine for free. Or pay points for arc rifles.

Yeah, you're right. I checked the Hoplites first and they were the same so I didn't check the Peltasts! Good catch.

That is very cool, though. Explains the Secutarii with rad carbines painted in Malinax colors that Mark Bedford has painted up in a display case, too.

He also has an insane volkite Dune-crawler thing in there, but it's a conversion made from Knight Styrix parts. We need to convince them to make that a real kit!

The Axiarch is amazing too. I think these guys will be a mainstay of my cybernetica list. While not compulsory, they would still score. And do a lot more damage than tech thralls.

*edit* alphas also went to 2 wounds. And arc rifles are only 12". I wonder if that's a typo...

Taghmata and Ordo Reductor only, I'm afraid.

Some changes from the secutarii experimental rules. 

Cheaper Hoplites with stronger shooting.

Cheaper Peltast, with options for radium carbines and arc rifles, but more expensive with the kinetic shot and weaker flechette. And blind barrage requires a minimum amount of models to use.

Axiarch seems awesome.

Taghmata and Ordo Reductor only, I'm afraid.
Not even really a restriction. With a cheap HQ option, you can always just take an allied detachment.

Playing in a local HH league.

Just wanted to say my Macrocarid Exploratory with Irad Torrent (to kill marines) carrying 3 Heavy Graviton Myrmidons (to kill Terminators) along with 2 Vulturax (to kill vehicles), and a Knight Atropos as my core is doing really good.

I thought 3 Myrmidons would be too few but 12 Grav shots with PE everything, has been killing way more than their costs.

Edited by Kilofix