What LoW is everyone using (if any) at 3K (750 LoW)? If been using Atropos but I haven't really tried or thought through the other 40K LoWs (Stormlord?) that are available to Reductor. And what about Porpyhrion? Thanks for the opinions.

What LoW is everyone using (if any) at 3K (750 LoW)? If been using Atropos but I haven't really tried or thought through the other 40K LoWs (Stormlord?) that are available to Reductor. And what about Porpyhrion? Thanks for the opinions.

Realistically the best LOW option is a warhound but is generally regarded as rather unbalanced especially at 3k. Knights can be good the Porphyrion is okay I'm not sure it's worth it vs the warhound though. The D ordinatus is also not a bad option it has a really high damage output and is unkillable for the first few turns. It's worse than the Ullator but I wouldn't underestimate the ability of the huge machine killer D template in removing a deathstars on a good role or a tank company.

But the biggest deal is that the mechanicum doesn't have a single assault transport.

Can't Mechanicum take a Stormlord? :)
Nope. They cannot.

They can take Super Heavies not listed in their book "which do not already have a heresy era counterpart"

Stormlord has rules in the SA list so it's a no go for Mech.

Sorry about the quote from an old post but so if an LoW exists in a 30K SA or Legion list you can't take it with Reductor Mech? You can only take 40k LoWs that are not on any SA or Legion list?

That means no go on the Gorgon, the Spartan chassis tanks, the Fellblade / Baneblade chassis tanks. I don't think that leaves anything else. Bummer.....

Atrapos Knight-Titan does the job for me. I personally think the Knight-Lancer is the more competitive option (I5 D spear is no joke), but I like my vortex-spewing monstrosity. Also nothing is funnier than D-lasering a Spartan then charging the cargo before they can really respond. 

Atrapos Knight-Titan does the job for me. I personally think the Knight-Lancer is the more competitive option (I5 D spear is no joke), but I like my vortex-spewing monstrosity. Also nothing is funnier than D-lasering a Spartan then charging the cargo before they can really respond. 

Just Knight. Sorry... pedant. Can't help it.

Also, lol to the phrase "D Spear". That made me chortle.

Hey guys I'm pretty new to 30k and know nothing about mechanicum (no one I see plays them). I'm thinking of adding a small mechanicum allied force to my legion list. What I'm really looking for is something that can point efficiently threaten heavy tanks like Spartans and Typhons. Any suggestions on s good, small, mechanicum unit/detachment that can do that?

Am I missing something with Vultatax? 2 haywire hits a turn that must somehow stay within 12" of a cortex controller while flying for 175 doesn't seem that great.

Krios Venator is ridiculous. How is it cheaper than a Sicaran Venator? It doesnt really address Spartans though.

Looking through the list either type of Myrmidons with some sort of Grav jumped out as a possibility. Are they any good?

Edited by Angmarred

Am I missing something with Vultatax? 2 haywire hits a turn that must somehow stay within 12" of a cortex controller while flying for 175 doesn't seem that great.

Krios Venator is ridiculous. How is it cheaper than a Sicaran Venator? It doesnt really address Spartans though.

Looking through the list either type of Myrmidons with some sort of Grav jumped out as a possibility. Are they any good?

Arc Blaster is 3 shots per Vulturax

You don't need two. Play cibernetica, use your wizard power, shoot twice and statistically pop a spartan turn 1

The new titan guard throw out 10 haywire shots for around the same price, but they need a ride

Pop them in a Triaros and it's a combined 265 points for those Haywire shots. You're still stuck with the 12" range on their little arc spears but at least they'll be in a transport...

You don't need two. Play cibernetica, use your wizard power, shoot twice and statistically pop a spartan turn 1

The new titan guard throw out 10 haywire shots for around the same price, but they need a ride

Pop them in a Triaros and it's a combined 265 points for those Haywire shots. You're still stuck with the 12" range on their little arc spears but at least they'll be in a transport...

it would be a little bit more as those guys are not a compulsory choice for admec without a titan, so you need another troop choice. Granted it would be a unit of thralls but it would still add to the cost.