Found my own answer to this. It's from the Arlatax- S+2, AP2, and shred. This makes the TKsons castellax better than the stock ones by a margin.

Hmmm. Those are "Arlatax pattern" power claws though.

I asked Alan about this, he said to treat them as power fists. For now I'd go with his ruling, until FW officially FAQs it (lol never).

Edited by Mango Polo

I know, it really feels like these are experimental rules at the most with the mechanicum stuff. I want an FAQ day 1 with this stuff >.< I may ask my group if we can house rule some of the errors.

anyone else know how they plan on adding these guys to your lists?

It's worth noting Darius is the only one I've ever heard express such disdain towards Thallax, they are not our best unit but still among the best compulsory troop options available in the game

They're only required in Reductor, and even then you just take them in scoring Triaros anyway. I'm waiting for FW to revisit the unit, give them a real makeover. Even something simple like Heavy 2 lightning guns would instantly increase their value. I'd also drop their stupid squad tax (they don't have Sergeants so it makes no sense), and make the augments free (for some reason that's fine on Veteran Tacticals). 

Regarding the power claws, I'd imagine they'll turn up in the armoury somewhere (its not in their unit entry annoyingly). It's likely going to be power blades, they're already substantially better than Castellax in a number of ways. Free powerfists would be a bit silly. 

Via 1k Sons Allies, seeing as they're a unique Heavy choice for that Legion. If you're talking about Secutarii, they're just regular Troops for Taghmata and Reductor, so just plug into those lists (Cybernetica don't get them, which I suppose is fair as we're supposed to go robot heavy). 

It's worth noting Darius is the only one I've ever heard express such disdain towards Thallax, they are not our best unit but still among the best compulsory troop options available in the game

They're only required in Reductor, and even then you just take them in scoring Triaros anyway. I'm waiting for FW to revisit the unit, give them a real makeover. Even something simple like Heavy 2 lightning guns would instantly increase their value. I'd also drop their stupid squad tax (they don't have Sergeants so it makes no sense), and make the augments free (for some reason that's fine on Veteran Tacticals). 

Regarding the power claws, I'd imagine they'll turn up in the armoury somewhere (its not in their unit entry annoyingly). It's likely going to be power blades, they're already substantially better than Castellax in a number of ways. Free powerfists would be a bit silly. 

Via 1k Sons Allies, seeing as they're a unique Heavy choice for that Legion. If you're talking about Secutarii, they're just regular Troops for Taghmata and Reductor, so just plug into those lists (Cybernetica don't get them, which I suppose is fair as we're supposed to go robot heavy). 

Yea I'm talking about the titan guard. I'm honestly having a hard time as it is now. With such short arc rifle range it's almost useless to bring those, and with them non-compulsulary choices I cannot seem to think of a way to get them into a regular tahmata list.

Also, the cybernetica hurts as I always loved skitarii and robots but I cannot think of a good way to include both at the moment.

Multiple people asked at the Weekender. They're power fists. It's an accidental hark back to when power claws & power fists were interchangeable words in previous editions (like a Chaos marine's power fist was a power claw, because it had claws, but they functioned identically).

I still disagree on the useful of the Peltasts. 10x Str4 AP 3 rending shots on a T3 4+ armor platform for the extra points cost isn't worth it.  As they have little survivability and in all honesty don't rate their shooting ability that highly compared to radium carbines or any other units for 130+ pts.

The hoplites are better IMO- because 5+ invul save period, and haywire everything--ranged and CC.  No vehicles will want to be near them period, even CC oriented vehicles like the various dreadnoughts.

Yes only WS 3 but that still means they hit on 4+ in CC against most things and are Decent str + Haywire + invul + defensive grenades....take them over Peltasts anyday.  Much better utility/all comers unit.  Peltasts only shine vs foot infantry---something all armies have way to many weapons that will wipe out anyway in 30/40k. 

Yo famalams, I have an anti-mechanicum tactica question. 

As a Mech player, which list would worry you more? 

+ HQ +

Legion Praetor [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mantle of the Elder Drake, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade, Zeroth Conductor Shield] (goes with Pyros in an Achilles to dare people to charge em)

+ Elites +

2x Contemptor - Multi-melta

3x Quad Gun [incendiary Shell,  Shatter Shell]

+ Troops +

10x Tac Squad - AA, Combi-melta, Rhino with MM

10x Tac Squad - AA, Combi-melta, Rhino with MM

Pyroclast Squad [Melta Bombs, 4x Pyroclast]
Warden [Artificer Weapons, Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin [2x Hunter-killer Missile, Multi-melta, Twin-linked CML]

+ Heavy Support +

Achilles-Alpha Pattern Land Raider

Land Raider Achilles [MultiMelta pintle]

Legion Predator Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Extra Armour, Magna-Melta Cannon]
Legion Predator Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Extra Armour, Magna-Melta Cannon]

Rite of War [The Covenant of Fire]

+ Lords of War +

Falchion [Armoured Ceramite, Space Marine Legion Crew]
[Neutron Wave Capacitor]

OR, ultra-stab

HQ 

Gahlan Surlak
Praevian - artificer, combiflamer, 3x Vorax bio-corrosive & EHTA
Centurion - AA

Elites

2x Contempty Cortus - Kherescannons

3x Quad Gun - Incendiary & Shatter

Troops

1X10 Inductii - pfist, aa
1x15 Inductii - pfist, aa
1x15 Despoilers - aa, power axe

Heavy Support

Phobos, AC
2x Spartan, FS AC

LoW

Angyron

Which would you least like to face?

Ta
Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

I would say the first one honestly.  The shatter shells are great against most of the Mechanicum's 4+ save stuff.  Your Falchion should serve you pretty well overall, just stay away from our massed units with the haywire ability.  While this may seem odd, I would put your HQ with a unit of Tacs+Rhino.  If he is bringing a Thanatar, you could potentially just rush a Thanatar and ID him with a paragon blade.  The tacs are ablative wounds so that would be pretty nifty.  

I would say the first one honestly.  The shatter shells are great against most of the Mechanicum's 4+ save stuff.  Your Falchion should serve you pretty well overall, just stay away from our massed units with the haywire ability.  While this may seem odd, I would put your HQ with a unit of Tacs+Rhino.  If he is bringing a Thanatar, you could potentially just rush a Thanatar and ID him with a paragon blade.  The tacs are ablative wounds so that would be pretty nifty.  

I've always been a fan of Shatter shells but now I review it, I can vomit 20 S8 AP4 shots a turn with the Achilles & Quad guns. Lovely. Plus the myriad S8 AP1 shots from the meltas scattered about.

And ontop of good "board saturation" I've got a TL Volcano cannon with a neutron capacitor to shut down the inevitable Knight! Guarded by two Contemptors too. 

Leaning heavily towards Salamanders currently! Thanks.

I think my main fear is Castellax and Thanatars, big toughness gribblies are scary. I hope he goes thrall heavy so I can drop incendiary rounds all over him though. No heavy flamers to ID them though...maybe I should grab a few somewhere.

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

Also, the cybernetica hurts as I always loved skitarii and robots but I cannot think of a good way to include both at the moment.

You can take all the robots in Taghmata as well, they're just not getting the same buffs. 

Multiple people asked at the Weekender. They're power fists. It's an accidental hark back to when power claws & power fists were interchangeable words in previous editions (like a Chaos marine's power fist was a power claw, because it had claws, but they functioned identically).

Oh damn, that is pretty good. Well I'm sold, they're definitely looking viable now. 

Spoiler 

OR, ultra-stab

Spoiler 

Ta

Neither really concern me. 

You can take all the robots in Taghmata as well, they're just not getting the same buffs. 

Oh damn, that is pretty good. Well I'm sold, they're definitely looking viable now. 

Spoiler 

OR, ultra-stab

Spoiler 

Ta

Neither really concern me. 

What...what would concern you in a Legion list?

I mean...TL D and 20 S8 shots...please have mercy upon my soul big stompy robots :(

Maulers aren't good enough for me to spend 15 points a model upgrading its shooting profile.

each really have their place. my meta is more marine heavy so I usually like all that Ap3 fire pouring down on the enemy. plus, I dont have to worry about every robot getting hot when they do.

What...what would concern you in a Legion list?

I mean...TL D and 20 S8 shots...please have mercy upon my soul big stompy robots :sad.:

Primarchs, jetbike Praetors with paragon blades, Leviathans in pods, Cortus-Contemptors, triple Spartan lists (double Spartan is annoying but with two Vultarax double-tapping and some darkfire to chip away the last few HP, I can deal with it ok, triple is too many HP though), Flyer-heavy lists, drop pod lists. I can probably list a few other things. But the two lists you posed aren't really troublesome. They're pretty janky tbh. Angryman is annoying but that's why I'd bring Scoria to that fight. You have no Skyfire so my Vultarax have free reign to Haywire all your tanks to death. 

1k Sons and Custodes are going to be annoying. The former because Mechanicum have no real psychic defense (Psychic Scream ignores Toughness and my invuls are weak at best), the latter because Heliothermic Detonation can randomly Instant Death robots at range. Also adrathic weapons are absurd.