[HH1.0] Militia and Cults tactica

disease

So Battle Tank Squadrons...

I suppose Pie plates would be best for them, considering BS 3 - but you can get sponsons, unlike SA, and you can get hull mounted Multi-Lasers.

Think there could be some fun to be had with a squad of three of these for Dakka Blasting:

• Turret Exterminator
  • Hull Multi-Laser (Or Lascannon to taste...)
  • Sponson Heavy Bolters
  • Pintle Multi-Laser

Three of these is 540pts

But they will let off a LOT of firepower with some damn good resilience too with AV 14/13/10:

12 TL S7 AP4

9/18 S6 AP6

18 S5 AP4

3/0 S9 AP2

/ indicate whether you took Multilasers or Lascannons duh :tongue.:

Rhinos are Dead on sight. AV12 you waste the Heavy bolters but slag it and AV13 even takes a little beating from the Autocannons...

Obviously 3 Demolishers is 60pts cheaper and potentially more directly destructive and not limited by BS 3... But I think the potential is there for sure.

Although - 540pts IS only about 100 or so points away from a tricked out Stormhammer that gets the added benefit of BS4, independent targeting, super heavy status and MORE DAKKA.

But when your troops are (in my case) less than 200pts for twenty T4 4+/6++/5+++ dudes that shoot at BS4, what else is there to spend points on? Why not both? :D

Edited by Charlo

I'm used to running them naked or ungrading to demolisher . Since we don't have acess to ignore cover I think that I'll pick a turbolaser warhound for antitank, russes for pieplates, thunderbolt for antiair and spam levy and summoned daemons as tarpits Edited by noigrim

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this thread needs a revival! :)

Just realised that with the latest Legiones Astartes update, Survivors of the Dark Age got cheaper Proteus Land Raiders (with optional 3rd TL lascannon) and multi-melta Rhinos!

Add in the newly specified Super-heavies list, and the list has a lot more options!

• 1 month later...

Wow, this thread needs a revival! :smile.:

Just realised that with the latest Legiones Astartes update, Survivors of the Dark Age got cheaper Proteus Land Raiders (with optional 3rd TL lascannon) and multi-melta Rhinos!

Add in the newly specified Super-heavies list, and the list has a lot more options!

This is actually so cool.

The fact that Grenediers are so cheap and that you can take them in triple las-cannon LR just makes for some awesome modelling oppurtunities! 

that triple las land raider - how would you model it to work with C+M?   Regular one is Distinctly Astartes. 

Question - would you run C+M main with knight allies?  Or knights main with C+M allies?

Rarely do you really need more than a handful of Knights, which is why I think they work better as an allied force. I've never really run into a game with allied knights where I wished I had access to more than the half dozen slots the allied detachment chart provides.

With Cults and Militia as your primary, you have way more freedom to craft an army.

• 3 weeks later...

Random question, can you run Knights as a LoW for Cult Militia?  Or just the baneblades chassis?

Yes, you can! As per the new LoW rules in the Marine Army List:

War Machine Detachment: 1-2 Super-heavy vehicles of the same unit type, each with a Hull Points value of 8 or less, and each chosen either from the specific army list for the Primary Detachment, the Questoris Knights army list found in the Crusade Imperialis army list, or the optional Super-heavy list found on page 10. is detachment must be deployed within a 6" coherency if on the table at the start of the game or, if placed in Reserve, will be rolled for as a single unit and must enter the table within 6" of a single eligible location. However, after their deployment, these war engines are considered to be separate units in the game.

Just not the Atropos, as it's entry states that it can only be taken as a Mechanicum LoW or in a Questoirs detachment.

I have a question by myself: is it possible to ally an Imperialis Militia army with another Imperialis Militia army?

An Allied Detachment needs to be of a different faction than your Primary Detachment IIRC.

I does indeed. But other than doubling down on Provinces, you wouldn't gain much - the Army List is pretty small!

Dunno. I guess only Baneblades but as I wrote: dunno ;)

I have a question by myself: is it possible to ally an Imperialis Militia army with another Imperialis Militia army?

I you take a army of dark compliance (which has both militia and astartes) as your primary detachment (don't think you can have it as an ally unfortunately) then you can ally it with militia Edited by teutonicavenger

• 2 weeks later...

A great game today with cultists, I see no reason to take another provenances, they are also good vs the tanks rear armour of 10 so leman russ should be used for pieplates, and add some legion or solar auxilia for facing av 14 all rounders. With fearless they are ideal tarpits, holding objectives for the whole battle. If you take them take 80+ there will be too many for the enemy to kill them all.

The only reason I see for taking another provenance is to shoot with armourbane medusas

Edited by noigrim

A great game today with cultists, I see no reason to take another provenances, they are also good vs the tanks rear armour of 10 so leman russ should be used for pieplates, and add some legion or solar auxilia for facing av 14 all rounders. With fearless they are ideal tarpits, holding objectives for the whole battle. If you take them take 80+ there will be too many for the enemy to kill them all.

The only reason I see for taking another provenance is to shoot with armourbane medusas

I suppsoe from PURE efficiency in a cutthroat meta, yes, nothing is going to beat the min-max approach of rending levvies as they are just a real threat to anything.

But from a fluff perspective?

Abhor the Mutant, the Witch, the Heretic.

Prefer my cults shooty with an assault element, like Ogryns!

Why not fearless, rending assault Ogryns? :lol:

But legit, I think the Tainted Flesh/Warp Cult horde works best as an allied force. You can get 101 of those guys complete with tainted weapon force commander for 350-ish points. 101 models is enough to be effective, but not enough to become unwieldy or make your opponent blacklist you.