I was thinking more along the lines of Taking the energy effect on the weapons up a notch and going for an icy blue, almost white colour.

I quite like the dark brooding colours of your knights.

What about using Knight markings like in the codex, or smilar to my knights, giving each one a name or rank?

For your lenses, I found a way of doing them that is dead easy. Basically black them out, them add grey, lighter grey then white near the bottom. I left them like that in the main lenses, but with a different colour glaze, you can get different colour lenses. A dab of gloss varnish and done. I did all the lenses that way in this picture

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151118_122345.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Ive been sorta quiet , been scrambling to make ends meet. 

I also burned my hand  so I havent really been trying to do all that much hobby wise since it hurts - n -  
Warning  Not Pretty 

tumblr_o2far1h0EI1tdqdkto2_400.jpgtumblr_o2far1h0EI1tdqdkto1_400.jpg

I  did get my hands on a mkiii techmarine to make my own special forgelord character who leads my armored company, he should show up tomorrow , which would normally mean he would be done tomorrow night but im working tomorrow night so he likely wont get put together and painted till Saturday. 

-------------------------------------------

On a side note im looking at the new book and it seems like Phalanx warders are going to have to be a thing for me , as much as im not terribly excited about that prospect it just cant be denied that if im going to mess around with the newer rites of war  I am going to need something like 20 of em , so I may as well put in some work and build some. 

As far as my fists go , We are absolutely in  waiting for Dorn Mode  A few units certainly would be good moving forward A spartan Assault tank , 20 Phalanx Warders , 2~3 land raiders , and   16 seekers with two achilles raiders would probably round out the list.  I am sort of on the fence about the new Knight pattern  but  I would really like to get to that nice flush 11 or so knights before the year is older , Archeon , Castigator  , New Pattern  would do that 

Dorn's buffs will see me use him if only because now he comes across as considerably stronger as opposed to only somewhat so. Im not sure how I  feel about reaping swing  but really its a coinflip. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly Id like to personally thank all of you who do check out my WiP thread and leave comments and  such , it makes me feel a lot more excited about the hobby and his driven me to make sure when I get a project on my desk that I  get it done. 

As someone who has a few oil burn scars on one forearm and two more on the knuckles of another hand (Accidentally smacking the underside of a lit barbecue does that) as well as a bunch of other burns in the Forearm region, I feel ya :P

But damn son, thats a lot of stuff. I'm also in Dorn-Ticipation Mode and will also probably pick up a 2nd Achilles just 'cuz; probably another phobos too.

But First, I'd need 2 Levis but I'm waiting for the Melta Arm to place that order...also looking to pick up 10 more Warders too but will build those as Shooty w/ Plasma. So that I can either have 1 20man w/ 4 Plasma Guns Sarge w/ TH & Arti. Or 2 10 Man Squads with 2 Plasma, a few Axes, and Sarge with TH & Arti.

GAH SO MUCH STUFF TO BUY! And the Thousand Sons are coming in soon too! :x

OH! And 5 More Tartaros Termies w/ Storm Shields so I can have a flush 10 to shove into a Spartan.

So, yeah, I feel ya bro, I totally do.

I have not checked here nearly as frequently as I should, mainly because I tend to out of habit not stray to far away from the 40k version of my chosen "Legion".

This has clearly been a mistake on my part, because you've been quite industrious since I was here last. I find it especially interesting that we share a very similiar taste in vehicles (Glaive/Fellblade, Deredeo, Leviathan, Sicarans etc) but you paint yours in the awesome "angry bee" proto-templar scheme, while I have stayed with a more strictly post scouring look.

At any rate, your rate of completions has been astonishing and by the sounds of it, you've no plans to slow down any time soon. Do you have an estimated tally of where you're headed in terms of model count?

As someone who has a few oil burn scars on one forearm and two more on the knuckles of another hand (Accidentally smacking the underside of a lit barbecue does that) as well as a bunch of other burns in the Forearm region, I feel ya :tongue.:

But damn son, thats a lot of stuff. I'm also in Dorn-Ticipation Mode and will also probably pick up a 2nd Achilles just 'cuz; probably another phobos too.

But First, I'd need 2 Levis but I'm waiting for the Melta Arm to place that order...also looking to pick up 10 more Warders too but will build those as Shooty w/ Plasma. So that I can either have 1 20man w/ 4 Plasma Guns Sarge w/ TH & Arti. Or 2 10 Man Squads with 2 Plasma, a few Axes, and Sarge with TH & Arti.

GAH SO MUCH STUFF TO BUY! And the Thousand Sons are coming in soon too! :x

OH! And 5 More Tartaros Termies w/ Storm Shields so I can have a flush 10 to shove into a Spartan.

So, yeah, I feel ya bro, I totally do.

I  dont expect we will see Dorn for at least another  4 ~5 months thats prolly enough time to get some termis and a spartan ! 

I have not checked here nearly as frequently as I should, mainly because I tend to out of habit not stray to far away from the 40k version of my chosen "Legion".

This has clearly been a mistake on my part, because you've been quite industrious since I was here last. I find it especially interesting that we share a very similiar taste in vehicles (Glaive/Fellblade, Deredeo, Leviathan, Sicarans etc) but you paint yours in the awesome "angry bee" proto-templar scheme, while I have stayed with a more strictly post scouring look.

At any rate, your rate of completions has been astonishing and by the sounds of it, you've no plans to slow down any time soon. Do you have an estimated tally of where you're headed in terms of model count?

Thank you  , I  dont like leaving models unpainted it keeps me up at night. 

As far as where im  at now   this is about an approximation of all the things I have for 30k at the moment

+++ 30k Index 2/12/2016 (11510pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (8120pts) ++

+ HQ (740pts) +

Alexis Polux (165pts)

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Refractor Field]

Consul [Primus Medicae]

Relics of the Dark Age of Technology [Void Shield Harness]

Legion Centurion (200pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

Consul [Forge Lord]

Relics of the Dark Age of Technology [indomitan Mantle]

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (2065pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (560pts) [19x Legion Assault Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 4x Power Weapon]

Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (340pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs]

Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (175pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Squad (175pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (170pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Guns]

Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon]

Templar Brethren (645pts) [9x Combat Shield, Land Raider Phobos, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 9x Templar Brethren]

Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Elites (2600pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (615pts)

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (180pts)

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')]

Legion Terminator Squad (265pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, 5x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist]

Legion Terminator Squad (225pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, Teleportation Transponder]

Legion Terminator Squad (315pts) [4x Legion Terminators, Teleportation Transponder, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Thunderhammer, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Thunderhammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (340pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Plasma Gun, Sniper]

Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (335pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Plasma Gun, Sniper]

Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (325pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Plasma Gun, Sniper]

Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon]

+ Fast Attack (185pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (185pts) [Melta Bombs, 3x Space Marine Sky Hunters, Volkite Culverin]

Sky Hunter Sergeant [Power Weapon]

+ Heavy Support (1880pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (255pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Single twin-linked Hellfire Plasma Cannonade]

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (220pts) [Flak Missiles, 4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]

Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (235pts) [Lascannons, 4x Legion Space Marines]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (375pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (215pts) [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (650pts) +

Legion Glaive Special Weapons Tank (650pts) [Armoured Ceramite]

++ Questoris Knight Crusade Army (Questoris Knight Crusade Army) (3390pts) ++

+ HQ (910pts) +

Lord Scion (425pts) [Cerastus Knight-Lancer]

Seneschal (485pts) [Cerastus Knight-Atrapos]

+ Troops (1155pts) +

Scion Martial (415pts)

Questoris Knight Warden [stormspear rocket pod]

Scion Martial (370pts) [Questoris Knight Errant]

Scion Martial (370pts) [Questoris Knight Errant]

+ Elites (890pts) +

Aucteller (400pts)

Questoris Knight Gallant [stormspear rocket pod]

Preceptor (490pts)

Questoris Knight Crusader [Rapid-fire battlecannon and Heavy Stubber, Twin Icarus autocannon]

+ Heavy Support (435pts) +

Scion Arbalester (435pts)

Questoris Knight Paladin [Rapid-fire battlecannon, Twin Icarus autocannon]

My Special Character arrived today 

Spearhead Commander Godfrey  

Hes taking the form of a forgelord and is the master of the Imperial Fists 775th Armored Division  I bashed him together with some bits and the mkiii Techmarine kit as a base. 

I even made him a little custom Sol Gauntlet 

tumblr_o2gk8zAAiq1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_o2gk8zAAiq1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

tumblr_o2gk8zAAiq1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

Gotta go get ready for work , so he prolly wont get painted till tomorrow but I am gonna hit him with some primer before i leave. 

let it never be said I  didint listen to you  Slipstreams 

You'd be the first :D

Hmm... I dunno if your Templar scheme says "angry bee" to me... 

Ah! Got it. Not angry bee, Super Bee.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/DoDeoi.jpg

See now I wanna get some land speeders and paint them up like that plus it will give me an excuse to turn to my opponent and go " THIS MOTHER :cuss: ER A DODGE "

I  finished off most of Godfrey ,  gonna do a little touches here and there 

tumblr_o2i992CWNG1tdqdkto1_540.jpgtumblr_o2i992CWNG1tdqdkto4_540.jpg
tumblr_o2i992CWNG1tdqdkto2_540.jpgtumblr_o2i992CWNG1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

tumblr_o2i992CWNG1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

Godfrey  is the son of a master mechanic his homeworld actually surviving through the long night due to its peoples  effective understanding of technology and  ability to fight off xenos with heavy weaponry. When The Imperial fists found them they rolled over relatively easily  and Godfrey was one of those plucked from  the  children harvested from  his homeworld. He showed immediate  inclination toward heavy weaponry  and was a totally unremarkable legionary working in the heavy support squads  until he lost his right arm  ( his las cannon exploded.  When fitted with his augmetic he was displeased  and  effectively re engineered it  getting him noticed by the legion tech marines.  Obviously this led him down a particular path which ended with him being trained on Mars and being sent back to the legion. His new career path led him to working on the legions war machines  mostly their tanks and  Ancients  his latent skill shone through  and while he still preffered to actually go out  on missions in one of the mighty Sicarans he was largely not terribly important for the legion during this part of his life. 

Then the catastrophe at Genosia happened and he and the rest of his crew took place  in a massive  tank battle against resistant human forces  his performance  elevated him in the eyes of the primarch and he was sent to  the 775th armored to serve on the crew of the current master of that armored company   after Ullanor ( havent really written up how this is going to work ) He ends up becoming master of the 775th armored and controlling his own superheavy tank which he calls Lapidem Crucis  or Stone Cross. ( The Glaive in my Army) The 775th  will  go on to be a supporting company for the purge fo the Sol system annd   the defense of Terra and eventually the scouring.  Godfrey himself will command the 775th until  the second founding where he will be assigned to the Black Templars.  

^ - please note im still working on a lot of  the above

Edited by Bladewolf

thanks man , Its just the mk 4 powerfist from the betrayal at calth box  with the backhand filed down  and one of the Black Templar Upgrade sprue Terminator shields  with the big clipped.  Though I mean i could go back and paint it gold if you reckon that would be better @ u @ 

tumblr_o2kpene14p1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

New Zone Mortalis Team  including Godfrey this time so he can tend to their ancient brother   ( and because he carries rad grenades , hits people with his servo arm , and doesn't afraid of anything wit his eternal warrior.)

Thats about 1500 which is sorta big for ZM  normally but  I  dont think It should be too much of a problem. 

I know both Sigismund and the Leviathan have to be a huge chunk of points...well spent points, but still a large amount. 

I'd self destruct a ship rather than face those two.

WLK

Its funny you  should put it like that , because another friend of mine actually was quite displeased with my list and really made me thing about it. 

The crux of his argument was " Godfrey isint a templar tho "  and thinking aobut it , hes absolutely right , we chose consuls and i picked a forgelord and pretty much just decided to insert him into my normal ZM list for the campaign , the truth is that isint the sort  party he would be with in the event one of the  775ths ships were raided. 

So I ended up saying, well hes a  forgelord and tanks are out in tight spaces but you know what I can do , MORE , DREADNOUGHTS  

( And somewhere slipstreams sneezed ) 

so this is what I shifted toward for a Godfrey led  Defensive  force / raiding party  no  sigismund , no templars , but a lot more armor 

tumblr_o2oc8tzrzh1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

+++ 775th Anti Boarding Party(1500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List ((Zone Mortalis) Attacker) (1500pts) ++

+ HQ (195pts) +

Legion Centurion (195pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Consul [Forge Lord]
Relics of the Dark Age of Technology [indomitan Mantle]

+ Elites (625pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (410pts)
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Melta Gun]
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Melta Gun]

Legion Terminator Squad (215pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Legion Terminator Sergeant, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon]

+ Troops (370pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-Weapon]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (170pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Guns]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon]

+ Heavy Support (310pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (310pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]
Edited by Bladewolf

True but I sorta get where my friends are coming from this is about our heroes not so much  the established ones. Playing our little semi insignificant parts in the larger war.  Think about yer awesome master of Signal and  how you would roll  a story  around him. 

True but I sorta get where my friends are coming from this is about our heroes not so much  the established ones. Playing our little semi insignificant parts in the larger war.  Think about yer awesome master of Signal and  how you would roll  a story  around him. 

Oh I get that, didnt know this was for an ongoing narrative. Makes sense then

Well I say boo.

If I wanted a force to carve through the innards of an enemy ship, and the Rout werent available, Sigismund and his Templars would my second choice.

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship ^_^

Man I love how gritty these guys look

Thanks ! I  really do try  to create that effect , the idea of being in  a filthy brutal warzone. Should serve me well  when Forgeworld does eventually cover the scouring.

I always approve more dreadnoughts! Flesh is weak!

Im seriously considering making 2 mortis ones just cause a las cannon and a kheres one would be  pretty fun

Still looking wonderful there, Forgelord is great, certainly fits in with the interred.

Thank you ! Godfrey  likes tanks  .... a lot ,  therefore he loves walking tanks with grandpas in them it only makes sense

Well I say boo.

If I wanted a force to carve through the innards of an enemy ship, and the Rout werent available, Sigismund and his Templars would my second choice.

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship :happy.:

So now Im thinking about Sigismund and Templars fighting  a horde of  Hugh  Jackmans  in power armor hyped up  on PCP , Im not gonna lie  I laughed quite loudly 

Templar Brethren  still win tho >.>