I'm gonna stick to the FW recipe I think, when I can find an airbrush :/

And Bladewolf, I agree with changing the army up a bit, otherwise A) it may get a little boring to play with 2 Rhino packages, two Sicarans, a Spartan Delivery System and a Typhon. You'll find whoever K.O's your Spartan Turn 1 (Which a wall of dreads could do), will leave you in a position where you cannot threaten and that gets boring trust me.

And B) you're not using a RoW?

When I get predators I will use the tank company rite. Otherwise it's no rite or pride of the legion

Edit : its 2 am , I got home tried mixing some sepia with Agrax , got the effect I wanted , will apply across rest of infantry tomorrow 

tumblr_o3cuonHHpR1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

Have you considered doing a 1:1 mix of a yellow brown like the old bubonic brown color with averland? I had experimented with something similar when I was attempting afrika korps yellow for my fists.

Edit: for future models, I mean, since these are already finished :D

Edited by Marshal Rohr

That looks great blade!!!!

Thanks , the yellow was just far too bright before it didint make sense when looking at the black

Looking nice and grimy

Supporting a Tank Company its all the dust those war machines kick up ! 

Fantastic force mate, I think when I finish my Fists I'm going to do a newly founded Executioners force. This has gave me some amazing ideas, thank you!

Thank you , I am actually hoping that the scouring brings us Templar Properly so I can swing the army every so slightly in that direction some more. S'why I use so many Templar brethren heads and torsos

He looks awesome, very full of character!

Thanks !  I really like my little heavy bolter guys so Im happy he came out wrell with the yellow transition 

Have you considered doing a 1:1 mix of a yellow brown like the old bubonic brown color with averland? I had experimented with something similar when I was attempting afrika korps yellow for my fists.

Edit: for future models, I mean, since these are already finished :biggrin.:

Ill have to give that a shot with the next unit I paint thank you

Zeal and the Crucible of Stone 

Pre Iron Cage 

Forge World Lahreo 

The forgeworld of Lahreo was burning. Great titan hulks and the warmachines of man , legionary , and something far more otherworldly and warpspawned littered the hab blocks and the areas around the forge city.  Inside  of the great forge of  Lahreo Sanct Sophia  12 word bearers knelt their armor stripped of all power  they knelt praying.  Behind them  the great  smelting pot easily large enough to fit an entire Levithan dreadnought  in. Their leader had once been a forgelord but in these later days he had taken to be called warpsmith and the horrors he had unleashed  on Lahreo made it quite clear he had earned that name.  Without his helmet his face was mostly intact strange for a Techmarine much less a Forgelord   the powerless mechadendrites that   snaked from  behind his head  ad down his back gave him the appearance of long hair.  Disturbingly the runes that had  been tattooed into his face were a  bright silver that seemed to eerily glow in the forgelight.

Encircling the word bearers were men of the 775th Armored company of the Imperial Fists bolters raised thier black armor soot and dust kissed the effect on their yellow pauldrons even more noticeable.  One among them strode forward and removed his helmet. The plow faced helm  with a black horse hair crest belonged to Godfrey  Forgelord and master of the 775th.  He lamented this mission more than he would have outwardly admitted though his face showed no sort of emotion.  It was said that the sons of Dorn were born of stone and Godfrey was no  different , his impassive almost uncaring face slightly hidden  behind a growing beared and curly unkempt hair , the length of the campaign had been excessive. Even now His father was calling them back to Terra for a matter of urgency.  Though his duty to finish scouring this world would not be left incomplete. 

Much like the Word Bearers forgelord  Godfrey was surprisingly human beneath his helm which he placed on the hull of the great Typhon Seige tank  its paint chipped and worn away Godfrey carried no weapons outside of the great sol gauntlet  that encased his left fist and a macro wrench.  While Servo arms were useful in a wide variety of situations sometimes a smaller and more personal touch was needed.  As he approached the Word bearer he said nothing his facial expression unchanging. There was a moment of tense silence where  one would have expected surrender terms or at the very least interrogations to take place.

The word bearer smiled. And spoke his words slowly possibly knowing they would be his last.

" One day Godfrey , you too will see."

If there was a reply to be had it never came as  Godfrey tossed the wrench from his sol gauntlet then back to his right augmetic hand he consciously locked his fingers closed around the handle and in a sudden and  terrifyingly  accurate strike  slammed the head of the wrench into the word bearers orbital bone. The sickening crack of  hardened bone and the spray of  gene rich legionnaire blood that stained Godfrey's tabard did little to deter him from the second and third strikes. The Wrench rising and falling with murderous intent  each blow adding further ruin to the word bearers  skull.  When the wretch tried to laugh godfrey made sure to swing  the wrench into his jaw teeth flew in all directions  as  the word bearer unable to even fall backward due to his locked armor absorbed the frustrations of the  Imperial Fists Forgelord for  atleast 10 swings.   Godfrey stopped himself then ,  his face still impassive calm a stone mask , though in his eyes the fires of hatred burned clearly.  He tossed the wrench away his strikes having been quite calculated  the Word Bearer was still alive despite the mess that was his face. Godfrey had intentionally not killed him.  Hauling the traitor up by his Gorget Godfrey silently dragged him to the edge of the smelting pot and spoke quietly  his voice almost hollow and empty.

" It wounds me greatly to know you are not the man who studied with me on Mars , it is only my hope that , that man found peace some time ago , or is about to in what I will do to this twisted facade."

Godfrey tossed the  Word Bearer into the Smelting pot , with his destroyed mouth the man could not even scream as  he was consumed by the molten hot metal.  Almost on cue  his men opened fire into the gathered word bearers spines  before throwing them into the pot as well.  Their screams echoed through the forge  completely unheeded by the men of the 775th.   Godfrey returned to  place his Helm back on his head when he noticed the great Leviathan  Dreadnought that was Humbolt had at some point joined them in the forge. 

" Your anger will get the better of you  Godfrey..."

The mans voice was  a rumbling machine growl  nothing like it had been when Godfrey knew him as the master of the 775th that was some time ago , before the treachery of cousins , back  when  the battles they fought served a purpose beyond the purging of the traitors , before everything fell apart.

" Its not anger .... Its Zeal" 

So  a little hobby update ,

I have ordered a Spartan that im still waiting on ,

Friday I ordered the imperial fists transfer sheet which I hope to make good use of  with my infantry adding crossess to terminators  and the legion logo to all the line infantry  as well as being able to give my dreadnoughts a touch more flair  

Along with that I got the Legion Tank Crew so I can represent Godfrey sitting in the Typhon as the Mk 3 guy with the mohawk  cause I really like that head 

and today I ordered a Typhon  Heavy Seige tank   to round out the things I need for the event in  June 

Its a slow crawl due to post and such but I am extremely excited , ive been in good spirits about the army since  I darkened all the yellow and I think with the addition of transfers  things will start looking just a touch more professional 

I look forward to seeing what you manage to do with the Typhon and the Spartan.

I bet the Templars are looking forward to their new rides :D

What event is in June?

I thoought the tank crew were mark2 and mark4, however, htee Mk2 is pretty darned close that once you slap some mark3 pads on, nobody will e able to tell the difference. And that tank crew head is absolutlely bad-ass.

I wasant aware it was Mk2 armor , oh well its not terribly bothersome either way.  

There is a big event thats being hosted at my store the first weekend of June  where folks from  all over the north west are gonna come have 2000 point games for a day I am very hype about that despite the ticket price ( 20 bucks  @ u @ )  

As much as  I am hype for the tanks I will admit  I am insanely excited for the transfers I feel like it will help a lot at distinguishing the army. 

The transfers do look cool. Make sure you got some gloss varnish and some matte varnish.

Lay the gloss varnish down on the area where the transfer is going, then when the transfer is in place and has been given long enough to dry properly, coat with matte varnish. It'll make it less obvious you used a transfer, as they are naturally shiny.

Some folks use micro-sol & micro-set ( I think this softens the transfer to make it easier to go on curved surfaces).

I can see why you are hype for the transfers though, gives the models a finishing touch.

Suddenly I find that I need 6 predators .... armored breakthrough would make for an incredible  775th list

+++ This is Exactly What I Want (5000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (5000pts) ++

+ HQ (570pts) +

Legion Centurion (160pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Phosphex Bombs, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Consul [siege Breaker]

Master of Armour (180pts)
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Sigismund (230pts)
Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Troops (1250pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (300pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (300pts)

Templar Brethren (650pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 9x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Land Raider Phobos [Dozer Blade]

+ Elites (1605pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (420pts)
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer]
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (270pts) [3x Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot, Shatter Shell]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Terminator Squad (735pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, 9x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, 3x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon]
Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
Legion Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness]

+ Heavy Support (790pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (375pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (785pts) +

War Machine Detachment (785pts)
Legion Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer [Armoured Ceramite]
Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite]

Edited by Bladewolf

Tease...

I  would love nothing more than to build 2 contemptors with heavy conversion beamers and call  them  The Twins  I really want to do that so it might be my next project  , considering the contemptor cortus with a heavy  conversion beamer is only 170  it might actually be worth looking into for me 

Would I  build and paint a cerberus ?  In a heartbeat , I would love to own that   but it might end up being that I just get another Typhon  to fill out my war machine LOW  detachment  

Today  I worked on getting some yellow on  the rest of my guys , The way I  see it with the transfers coming if I didint put a little yellow on the terminators and the templars it would make them stand out a bit too much 

tumblr_o3p4c7v3Zw1tdqdkto3_540.jpgtumblr_o3p4c7v3Zw1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

Of course Sigismund and Polux weren't exempt from  this 

tumblr_o3p4c7v3Zw1tdqdkto6_540.jpg

tumblr_o3p4c7v3Zw1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

Not sure about the tartoros 

I'm surprised you did Polux's Iron Warrior Banner on the base in the same scheme as your regular dudes instead of the Standard Iron Warrior Scheme :tongue.:

I just felt a more  Iron / Brass and Black scheme would be better  for the banner  

They could use the yellow touch, you know you want to!

At least one pad each?

Yea I  think  ill probably doing one if not both depends on how I feel tomorrow  XD