Well I say boo.

If I wanted a force to carve through the innards of an enemy ship, and the Rout werent available, Sigismund and his Templars would my second choice.

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship :happy.:

Sorry to disagree with a knowledgeable (fanatical) and respected (fearedmember of our Heresy fraternity, but I wouldnt rate the XIII as the go to ship boarders. 

Having never experience such an action, I would think there are 2 key requirements to taking a ship:

1) skill at arms. Nobody can dispute this from the Eater of Worlds

2) discipline. strike 1 

the WE losing themselves to the Nail gives the defenders the ability to redirect the WE forces with false leads. a few "Pied Pipers" could redirect the charge from the engines, weapon batteries or bridge to something useless, or give the defenders time to bring superior numbers to bear.

WLK

there is a serious lack of spartans in this picture Imperial Fist!

Its ordered , I just have to play the waiting game now  might take a while post is pretty awful round me. 

The like Plastic Black Templar Doors SHOULD fit on the spartan right ?  They are land raider doors after all. 

Technically the hinge patterns might be different, but not enough to deter a determined hobbyist. My Iron hands ones came warped, so I cut out the icon and put in on the kit doors.

Thanks !  Charlo really came through with a sick banner off my scratchwork 

I  paint  Citadel Eshin  Grey 

Then  I wash with Nuln oil  without watering down at all   ( its like a slop wash  not focused or anything ) 

Thats where I stop , but  a good painter would do other stuff 

Its Dumpster painting , I get a pretty good effect for not a whole lot of effort. 

Thanks ! Charlo really came through with a sick banner off my scratchwork

I paint Citadel Eshin Grey

Then I wash with Nuln oil without watering down at all ( its like a slop wash not focused or anything )

Thats where I stop , but a good painter would do other stuff

Its Dumpster painting , I get a pretty good effect for not a whole lot of effort.

Well your dumpster painting got my trash can painting dirty....

I mean, I too, am a Super-Lazy Painter.

If I cant do a single Character (or 2), a 5-10man Squad, 1-2 Dreadnoughts, 2 Small/Medium Vehicles or 1 Large Vehicle (In individual Groupings) in a single 4-5 hour sitting...well, I did something wrong.

The best way to get Dumpster Painting that looks "Good" is to, as I've personally found, give yourself a hard cutoff point for when to just drop everything and stop.

That'll subconsciously teach you to paint faster but well and how to adequately achieve some of the more "Bling" effects.

That might just be me though.

Laziness also plays a huge part.

I would not call it dumpster painting at all.

I think it looks darn good, it stands up to close scrutiny in the pictures, which magnify the model, by a few 100%.

You have reached a good level of realism with your models, where we know they are space men of the far future, but they are at least believable as they have the grime of war on them.

Still very impressed with your output. The only thing I haven't been 100% sold on was Godfreys helmet crest. It looked a bit Roman to me.

Charlo, you did a great job with the banner, wish I could do stuff like that :sad.:

The hive town battleboard looks sick... If a little infinity-esque...

Edited by dantay_xv

I would not call it dumpster painting at all.

I think it looks darn good, it stands up to close scrutiny in the pictures, which magnify the model, by a few 100%.

You have reached a good level of realism with your models, where we know they are space men of the far future, but they are at least believable as they have the grime of war on them.

Still very impressed with your output. The only thing I haven't been 100% sold on was Godfreys helmet crest. It looked a bit Roman to me.

Charlo, you did a great job with the banner, wish I could do stuff like that :sad.:

The hive town battleboard looks sick... If a little infinity-esque...

Thanks for the compliment @ u @   Im hoping that the scouring is so violent and grinding that it makes even more sense fer my boys to look as they do

Godfrey's crest is from a set of roman helmet crests D: I  just really liked how it stands out  its a knightly helm with a plume on it.  I mean hes already a forgelord so hes a little crazy so just consider it an extension of that

Charlo really did me a solid with the banner it was really nice of him fer sure .  I  bet Charlo  wishes he could freehand the designs you  do tho XD   

Games and Gizmos is just the greatest store man    big tables  medium tables , tons of terrain , nice staff who are interested in the games , fair pricing , discounts of preorders ,  free parking ,  

BRO , YOU CAN GET LIKE 900 DIFFRENT TYPES OF FOOD  WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE

-Burgers

-Genuine Italian

-Chinese 

-Greek

- IRISH BAR WITH GOOD FOOD

- Deli

-French Bakery 

- Coffe House

- Thai 

- oh and theres just a straight up supermarket there if you need to pick something up on the way home  

And theres a theater right there within walking distance from the shop  too.  They have free internet and dont make you pay just to be in the space so  you can just walk in and chill and paint if you  want.  ( Back home in New York  the store I  used to go to made you pay just to be in their space)    

...... what am I  ranting about 

Oh yea , Infinity terrain , yea weve been trying to do zone mortalis on those  sort of boards cause they can get just cramped enough !  

The rate you churn out units is staggering..... and they look great

Thanks , I dont think I have OCD  but I  do know that when I get a model in it usually will  take over the rest of that day until its reasonably close to  general completion assuming I have nothing else to work on XD