Its sad cause I dont field Polux as much as I should hes a legit badass in the fluff and pretty awesome on the table.  

Looking at my money intake  my desire to run Armored Breakthrough is still there but I tried scaling it back so I would only need a few purchases IE  This is the new Short term goal at 3500

+++ Parking Lot Paladins (3500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3500pts) ++

+ HQ (410pts) +

Master of Armour (180pts)
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Sigismund (230pts)
Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Troops (825pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (100pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Flamers]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (100pts)

Templar Brethren (625pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, 9x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Land Raider Phobos [Dozer Blade]

+ Elites (1105pts) +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (170pts)
Cortus Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer (One only)]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Terminator Squad (755pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, 9x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, 3x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon]
Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
Legion Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness]

+ Heavy Support (790pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (375pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (370pts) +

War Machine Detachment (370pts)
Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite]

With a Long term Goal looking more like this  at 6000

+++ Parking Lot Paladins (5997pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (5997pts) ++

+ HQ (587pts) +

Legion Centurion (177pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Combi-Weapon, 3x Phosphex Bombs]
Consul [siege Breaker]

Master of Armour (180pts)
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Sigismund (230pts)
Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Troops (2265pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (595pts) [Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Melta gun, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (300pts)

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (300pts)

Legion Tactical Squad (205pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Tactical Squad (205pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Templar Brethren (660pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 9x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Elites (1615pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (420pts)
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer]
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (270pts) [3x Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot, Shatter Shell]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Terminator Squad (745pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, Legion Terminator Sergeant, 9x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, 3x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon]
Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

+ Heavy Support (790pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (375pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (740pts) +

War Machine Detachment (740pts)

Im looking forward to Slips Scolding me Edited by Bladewolf

I straight up just carefully broke the arm off my dual CCW  contemptor and magnetized it so I can buy  a Conversion breamer without  having to build a whole new dreadnought XD  bout to go ahead and order the  heavy conversion beamer now 

INTO THE PAIN GLOVE I  GO BOYS 

I like the muted colour of the banner on Polux's base.

As the model is naturally quite dark/subdued in colour a bright banner would have taken the eye away from Polux.

Is that flesh colour with just a wash over it?

What sort of skin tone are you going for?

I like the muted colour of the banner on Polux's base.

As the model is naturally quite dark/subdued in colour a bright banner would have taken the eye away from Polux.

Is that flesh colour with just a wash over it?

What sort of skin tone are you going for?

Its Kislev Flesh  with Rikeland Flesh shade x 1 and Agrax x like 6 ?  

I mean this is a picture of me from  like 4 ~ 5 years ago  after a good bit of sun  exposure  I was trying to get close to that

tumblr_o3poaeSXig1tdqdkto1_250.jpg

Im sticking my tounge out cause its a group  photo >.>  I just cropped it 

Edited by Bladewolf

Reikkland will be too red and the Agrax, well that is just liquid mud...

I'd start with a darker base colour and work in highlights with the kislev flesh maybe?

I'll have a play with my paints during break time, unless Jill the medic pulls me in for another pilates class...

Reikkland will be too red and the Agrax, well that is just liquid mud...

I'd start with a darker base colour and work in highlights with the kislev flesh maybe?

I'll have a play with my paints during break time, unless Jill the medic pulls me in for another pilates class...

Oh you dont really have to worry about it , The project is simply born of insomnia  and the thought of maybe using pollux in a list im working on XD 

Getting dragged into a pilates class must be true terror for a married man 

No, not really.

It can be entertaining as I am not particularly flexible.

Jill is a good teacher too.

The hardest part is actually, that it is small movements, very technical and precise, unlike using a cross trainer or flinging the kettlebells around.

It'll be fun, Playing Space Vikings, skin tones tend to be quite set, as pale European, so it could give an interesting 13th Warrior vibe to a unit :)

How's that?

I haven't sorted the eyes scar or hair yet. Skin is a little grey, maybe should just have stuck with scorched brown. Might give it a do-over.

Edited by dantay_xv

It was a scorched brown base coat, then a layer of dryad bark, leaving the scorched brown in the recess.

Then dryad mixed with cadian flesh 4:1. then 2:1 then 1:1, then add some kislev flesh to the mix. After that I had to go quite heavy with reikland flesh shade.

I didn't realise that the dryad bark had grey through it so it gave the skin an aged/ dead look to it, the flesh shade brought some life back into the colour.

It would probably look better with scorched brown, then add cadian for highlights.

I always paint 1:1 water paint or 1:1.5 water to paint mix, so it is ultra liquid, almost too liquid at times, you need t so the paint doesn't split.

Its weird because, the less you need the more paint you end up with.

I love that these dudes aren't shiny and clean. The paint job you have is clean for a loyalist, but my imagination explodes at the ideas of the battlefield they are in, if you know what I mean. I should get that polux dude to make a word bearer with....He looks to good to be a good guy.

That looks incredible , id say im surprised but im not you are to a brush as an iron priest is to a forge 

I love that these dudes aren't shiny and clean. The paint job you have is clean for a loyalist, but my imagination explodes at the ideas of the battlefield they are in, if you know what I mean. I should get that polux dude to make a word bearer with....He looks to good to be a good guy.

Oh yea  , the 775th Armored  was known to take on pretty hostile warzones back during the crusade  despite being an armored company , imagine how overboard they went during the scouring  with all that overflow of zeal = w =  

As far as the pollux model goes its a fantastic model ,  not terribly hard to shave off the imperial fist details though on the back hes got some like inset stuff 

tumblr_o3qfsrHMmD1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3qfsrHMmD1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

I highly suggest you invest in 1 of these if you can.

This is my desk in my office and the magnifier is awesome because it lets me see things almost as if the camera sees them (at 400% of original size)

Plus because it makes everything look much bigger it takes a lot of the anxiety out of the painting

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/SAM_3210.jpg

I seek  guidance  , I  really feel like the fluff of the 775th lends them well to   standard Vindicators  vs Laser Destroyer Vindicators but im not terribly sure if thats a sound decision gamewise.  I just think it would be really cool to see these two vindicators rolling alongside the typhon and they are just mercilessly shelling a traitor advance  T u T 

but at the same time I  understand that the anti armor capabilities of the laser versions cant be understated 

Whats the next Tank added to the 775th  

Please help me pick 

For Light Armor theres an Abundance of stuff  from  the Sicarans , to the  Predators  

For Mid armor theres overlap from the Sicaran Battle Tanks theres the Deredo  theres also shatter shells from the 3  Quad Launchers 

For Heavier Armor theres the Heavy Conversion beamer the Venator , an assortment of las cannon sponsons on most things 

Theres also the Typhon and Glaive 

Been having a think about stuff  while repainting the crux terminatus on the terminators and redoing the armour.

In the war of independence. Which warrior was the one the British hated the most?

Which warrior on the battlefield is able to sow the most confusion and cause fear where a hundred of his compatriots cannot?

What was one of the biggest terrors for both Germans and Soviets fighting over the wrecked cities of WW2 and who became heroes because of it?

The sniper.

What is a tankers greatest fear and dread?

To be trapped inside their tank roasting alive as las-fire pentrates the hull.

Rather than lobbing shells and causing mass explosions, your laser destroyer is a pinpoint weapon. Hidden in the rubble of a cityscape, it destroys the biggest engines the traitor can muster, causing fear and confusion. Demoralising the enemy before they even get a chance to fight.

Unseen under cover of darkness the laser destroyer sallies forth and from concealed locations, breaks the enemies stranglehold of our fortresses when under siege.

Bringing death from an unseen quarter. 

The laser destroyer strikes at range, with a punch few can match, ripping the heart from an enemies armoured assault & putting you on the offensive.

The vindicator laser destroyer, is not just a tank. It is a psychological weapon to be used against the foe with extreme prejudice.

Edited by dantay_xv