Leviathan Siege Dread tactics

depthcharge12

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, December 25, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, December 25, 2015 - No reason given

Jetbikes are often part of an Eldar army. THAT'S the problem. ;)

Two Storm cannons should take care of that right quick ;)

Or go full retard and take SA allies with a malcador infernus....WHERE ARE YOUR COVER SAVE GODS NOW YOU POINTY EARED :cuss:?!?!?!

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, December 25, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, December 25, 2015 - No reason given

I'm confused too. One, Grav Bombards are Ignores Cover anyway. Two, there was up until this post one mention of jetbikes I can find in the thread, and that was in reference to a Forge lord on one. 

Do you hear the voices too?

Yup. They want me to dance. ;)

I'm confused too. One, Grav Bombards are Ignores Cover anyway. Two, there was up until this post one mention of jetbikes I can find in the thread, and that was in reference to a Forge lord on one. 

Do you hear the voices too?

Yes deep in the echoes of "Eldar are OP Op op op op ..." - and - "The Leviathan is Shizamed against Eldar." What is wrong with the Leviathan against Eldar? Is it too big? Do its big metal claws make their wraithknights sexually confused? I understand the fear of bricks falling from the sky, it's a rational fear. So it's understandable if the Eldar start making up salacious rumors about the Leviathan, being Basic as they are.

Edited by Sheesh Mode

Besides, why would your Leviathan Care about Eldar Jetbikes? Their most common loadout is Scatter Lasers which are S6 meaning that they cant harm the leviathan unless in rear armor and even then only glance on 6's which he has a 4+ Invulnerable for.

So if they're wasting their time trying to use Jetbikes to kill the Leviathan, well, you're set because those are scatter lasers not being shot at other parts of your army that they can actually hurt effectively. Huzzah!

If its SM Jetbikes, they've got Heavy Bolters. Can't actually hurt it even in rear armor. If they get into melee to Meltabomb you, well, GG there your Leviathan will probably stomp them into the dirt unless they're 6-9 men or have characters. And even then, he can probably still stomp them into the dirt.

The only thing you have to fear from Eldar when using a Leviathan is S:D

And if you get into combat with the HWC toting Wraithknight, all he's got in CC is S10, I5 and a 5+ FNP. If you rightfully kept the claw on your Leviathan and got the charge off, you're both I5, you get 2 S8 HoW hits Free, and on a 4+ all your CC hits cause an additional D3 Wounds. Though he still gets Stomp. So thats shenanigans. pray for no 6 too.

All in all, the leviathan Probably wins.

If its the Sword & Board Knight, you just bait it in far into his own deployment by dropping the Leviathan in his pod back there. He holds it up as long as it can (barring the potential for a 6 just ending that combat right-then-and-there). If you're lucky, your levi got the charge and had a chance to deal some damage before biting the dust or, unlikely as it is, actually wins. Otherwise, you use the Turn-or-two it bought you to set up on objectives.

Either way, beating Eldar is about playing smart while the typical netlisting Eldar uses his list to win (not saying all Eldar players do) so you should still have a shot.

Still not sure what that has to do with Jetbikes though.

Good effort! I could do with a mother who appreciates my 'Lord of the Space Rings'.

That's even better than my mom, she doesn't even call it warhammer, just Armnhammer.

In the grim darkness of 40k there is only cleaning products.

I don't feel like flamers would get that much use though, while volkite are definitely going to be used. The only reason I'd really like flamers is for taking some wounds off any unit trying to charge the leviathan in order to hold him up for a few turns.

I don't understand why you would think that. The phosphex, grav and claw/drill all call for close range, and his only real weakness is getting bogged down with hordes. The AP4 heavy flamers will deal with Solar Auxilia or milia much better. Plus, over watch as you said. Choom is good en masse and every point counts. Edited by Terminus

I don't understand why you would think that. The phosphex, grav and claw/drill all call for close range, and his only real weakness is getting bogged down with hordes. The AP4 heavy flamers will deal with Solar Auxilia or milia much better. Plus, over watch as you said. Choom is good en masse and every point counts.

I mean I'm not saying flamers are bad, yes can get in range, but it doesn't always happen. Plus for hordes you've got plenty of blasts. I'd personally just prefer volkite, but flamers are perfectly fine as well.

Volkite v Flamer is such a minor thing its a Personal Preference / Rule of Cool thing at that point.

Both Provide Fringe Benefits that aren't likely to largely affect the overall performance of the Leviathan anyways. At best, they're Weapon Destroyed Sacrifices so that your main guns/arms stay in play.

Volkites can be seen as a 30" Heavy 8 S6 weapon. If you can't find a use for that, something's wrong with you. S6 hits harder, and with AP4, against an MEQ list, those saves are still going to be made - except that the Calivers not only force a higher ratio of hits (unless your opponent miraculously lets his guys clump up before hand, the 32mm bases now provided are a slight PITA for this. But a S5 Autohit template is going to have to put some effort into getting all of those models under the template, and then has a harder chance of wounding.

I think that without a doubt, the Calivers are better, but whether they're worth the 10pts is questionable. They're a neat upgrade if you have the points, but can forego them should you need to strip points back. Of course, the Choomclub are going to ask for my membership card back now, but...