I'm back fully back and up and running so if you need me to write anything let me know; I'm just finishing up stuff for Bears and I'm done till we get to the Naagloshii and Wediigo.

I haven't seen the list of what's missing for the Bears, but I know Grifft had sent you a list. Finish that up, and we'll wrap up the Bears.

Squig, this is what Grifft said: Just the fluff paragraph for the Godslayers that goes above their Legion rules. And ideally another quote for the beginning of their background chapter.

Almost done.

This paragraph, or is it something I haven't written yet?

The Space Marines of the Emperor’s Legions are genetically engineered, psycho-indoctrinated warriors with superhuman abilities and minds and souls tempered for war. In addition each individual legion has its own idiosyncrasies and character - the product of their gene-seed and unique warrior culture.

The Godslayers Legion possess one notable quirk; that of being, as defined by their Primarch Koschei Kharkovic, Psychic Suppressants.  This, in reality, translates to even the least-experienced Godslayer initiate having significant warding against psychic attack.  Higher up the echelons of command in the Eighth Legion this trait is far more common, lending many of Godslayer officers an immunity to all but the strongest powers of the Warp.  As well as this, the Godslayers are renowned for their stubborn and perhaps hopeful resilience, fighting on even after all seems lost.  As such, the Legion was often utilised during the earlier years of the Great Crusade in attrition engagements, when the strength of will of the Eighth Legion could be counted on to win the day.  

Oh and I found/tweaked slightly another quote (which I like waaaaaaay too much because of the connection it draws with the Godslayers legion symbol) while I was looking for the paragraph:

An eye for an eye leads to none being able to see at all.

Zbruchan proverb, dating back to Terran philosopher c.M2

The Space Marines of the Emperor’s Legions are genetically engineered, psycho-indoctrinated warriors with superhuman abilities and minds and souls tempered for war. In addition each individual legion has its own idiosyncrasies and character - the product of their gene-seed and unique warrior culture.

The Godslayers Legion possess one notable quirk; that of being, as defined by their Primarch Koschei Kharkovic, Psychic Suppressants.  This, in reality, translates to even the least-experienced Godslayer initiate having significant warding against psychic attack.  Higher up the echelons of command in the Eighth Legion this trait is far more common, lending many of Godslayer officers an immunity to all but the strongest powers of the Warp.  As well as this, the Godslayers are renowned for their stubborn and perhaps hopeful resilience, fighting on even after all seems lost.  As such, the Legion was often utilised during the earlier years of the Great Crusade in attrition engagements, when the strength of will of the Eighth Legion could be counted on to win the day.  

Oh and I found/tweaked slightly another quote (which I like waaaaaaay too much because of the connection it draws with the Godslayers legion symbol) while I was looking for the paragraph:

I think thats a misquote. Didnt he say an eye for an eye makes the whole world pirates?

I think thats a misquote. Didnt he say an eye for an eye makes the whole world pirates?

Lol - and it yes is a misquote but I decided to edit it a little because I assumed it would have been corrupted over the time period.

Ah. Probably my fault for missing it before. Will add those bits in now.

I don't think there's anything more for the Godslayers, and the Bears stuff is coming in a bit at a time too. Will put out an update when that's been updated.

There was some talk of additions/changes to the Prosecution and that there may still be Ghost Walkers references in the first chapter somewhere. Can't remember if there was anything else mentioned though.

I don't think there's anything more for the Godslayers...

In which case, I am happy to announce that we have another legion across the finish line! Breaking into a dead sprint, the Godslayers have pushed past the Iron Bears to claim second place! (Thanks to some ill-timed intervention on Nurgle's part. Now we see why the Godslayers fall to Nurgle!) 

The Iron Bears are still only a few short meters away from the finish line and claim third place.

The Scions are waiting on their second RoW before they can get moving again but are tentatively in fourth place for now.

The Harbingers are only a few meters ahead of the Drowned, but with a bit of work can either keep out of last place or watch as the Drowned get ahead of them.

Regardless, that's two legions done out of six. Let's see if we can get at least one more finished before the book's anniversary on October 25th.

• 2 weeks later...

I had intended on writing this post on the anniversary day proper, but it slipped by me. 

Anyway, this marks the one-year birthday of this thread. In a single year, we've completed two entire legions, fluff and crunch, and finished the fluff chapter of two more legions. Lastly, both the initial chapters of general history and the Prosecution are finished. Overall, we've reached well past the halfway point of Alpha phase. I know RL will continue throwing twists and turns, but it is my goal that we have the entirety of Insurrection's Alpha Phase done before the two-year anniversary. 

Ad astra!

How are we justifying Morro not just destroying all the Scions with Pionus? I suggest the Depthstriders open up with everything they have, so Morro is also incapacitated, but only briefly, and is able to catch up to the Scions at the end of their escape.

How are we justifying Morro not just destroying all the Scions with Pionus? I suggest the Depthstriders open up with everything they have, so Morro is also incapacitated, but only briefly, and is able to catch up to the Scions at the end of their escape.

Only 45,000 of the Scions are on Untara. Of those, only 800 escape and Pionius escapes due to a suicide action by a group of Depthstriders that delays Morro and his elite long enough for Pionius to get away. However, by and large it's massacre as the Scions are mostly only carrying cc weapons and side arms(they weren't expecting a fight, so they aren't anywhere near fully armed) whereas the Drowned are fully armed to take on legionaries

How about overloading some backpacks from fallen marines in a suicideactiin and the explosion blocks morro away. Some depthstriders work as decpys pulling him away and the others blast the room apart. Isolating those brsve depthstriders who setved as decoys and die a terrible bit heroic death

Hmmm right. Kelborn has a similar end only with stasis bomb..3 times.is a bit often. And 4 timea even worse, but what for another solution? They could retrieve a plasmacannon and aim for the ceiling which comes down over morro. Or the depthstriders captured a stormbird and crashland on morro? Kinda like in guardians of the galaxy Edited by MikhalLeNoir

We don't want to overuse that trick. We already have WoL champion do it and the last survivor of a Nightguard kill team sent to assassinate Icarion do it.

And that's too dangerous underwater, especially when we have then lugging a wounded Pionus around