FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

Generally higher rating and more items = higher resulting rating

But putting in items of the same class or the same postfix with slightly lower rating results in higher rating over putting in items of different class with slight hugher rating.

Generally higher rating and more items = higher resulting rating

But putting in items of the same class or the same postfix with slightly lower rating results in higher rating over putting in items of different class with slight hugher rating.

That was my understanding also.

Ok, so same class and same postfix...I have to experiment with that, thanks!

Also, Once you complete chapter 9, with all the extras, you've completed 133 missions...but in the progress section I get 133 / 136...anybody knows where are the 3 missing missions?

In chapter 7 I found a hidden special mission, haven't found an exact way to always find it, but it's basically visit some missions (without playing them) and/or going back and forth between the different chapters, and eventually this special mission will appear when entering chapter 7. Haven't seen it in any other. I has an orange chest as reward. But it doesn't count towards the completed missions, and it doesn't have different levels, once you get the orange chest it lets you play again but telling you that you already got the chest. Anybody know anything of this special mission?...like...are there more? :)

Interesting. My forge skills are bad, and I too always auto filled but in this thread there was a post by a guy who claimed to have outfitted his Knight almost purely by Patrol drops. His gear was quite good, so I've taken to simply Forging for Quest requirements but it's not working too well. lol

One thing to note about his screenshot: He seems to be in the highest loyalty tier. I bet that has a much bigger impact on random drops than we thought. I actually considered trying to pay enough to get that tier, but I still can't get my iPad to sync and that tanks my enthusiasm just a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet> I just hit lvl 35 though. Lol

I can't believe it... I had my first real uber loot. A lvl 245 chainsword. Wow. (oddly enough the 'critical strike' close combat area is still approximately the same size as when I was using my old rubber sword!)

Honestly I'm hoping for the ability to do a Chaos Skin one day.

A 245 chainsword is what I'm packing too, and I'm level 45. You'll not need to change that for a bit.

I can't figure out your issue with the critical strike zone being so small, I've genuinely never seen anything like it. I suppose it might be a glitch, but if I remember right it's persisted through an update or two?

Yup, having the same issue with events this morning. If you click on the bottom left corner it goes to the former screen, as if the back button was there but invisible. At least you don't have to shut the app to continue playing :)

Excited about the forge rebalance, yesterday I put a bunch of purples with an orange and I'm getting an orange 329 chainsword. I hope its damage output is decent as well, been having a problem where 225 blue items have better stats (strength, resistance, and damage with weapons) than 270 purple items.

The patrols have been rebalanced as well, which means made easier. I was fighting 44-46 level bosses and now I'm up against 36-38. Sometimes it would take me 2 tries to beat the patrol, now they're a compsmash fest.

Glad there's a new episode too, woohoo!

I've run a few events with no issue. I'm really enjoying this update. I bit the bullet and bought the pack with the fist in it, mostly so I could jump to the next loyalty tier. I don't know if it's just this 'legendary' version or not, but every hit is a critical with the fist. Not that I melee often, but it's nice anyway. 

One of my favorite new features is actually the improved photo mode. I spend way too much time just looking at stuff like that in this game. I appreciate the additional events and tiers so I feel like it's geared more towards my current level. 

I'm still playing and occasionally break top 10% but nowhere near enough to get any of the top rewards.

Some additional notes:

Looks like at Level 50 the Legendary Orange items top out at 350 rating before upgrades. And the Purple Epic items top out at 300 rating before upgrades.

Similar rating Stubber does about 1/3 times the damage of Melta to unarmored units. And 1/10 times damage of Melta to armored units like Bikes or Trucks or Rhinos. And it only does 1/20 times damage of Melta to heavy armor like LoS or Morkanaut, etc. Shame as I still like the Stubber, ratatatata.....

I'm still playing and occasionally break top 10% but nowhere near enough to get any of the top rewards.

Some additional notes:

Looks like at Level 50 the Legendary Orange items top out at 350 rating before upgrades. And the Purple Epic items top out at 300 rating before upgrades.

Similar rating Stubber does about 1/3 times the damage of Melta to unarmored units. And 1/10 times damage of Melta to armored units like Bikes or Trucks or Rhinos. And it only does 1/20 times damage of Melta to heavy armor like LoS or Morkanaut, etc. Shame as I still like the Stubber, ratatatata.....

I always rank novice! but to get the 5% award..... me thinks something is fishy there!

• 1 month later...

Lightning Cannon

Pros:

High damage (between Battle Cannon and Thermal)

Super large radius (can sometimes reach across a third of the screen)

Cons:

Not instantaneous, takes a second or two to apply all its damage (like Gatling)

Sometimes inconsistent (can hit a target a third a screen away but at the same time miss a target right next to impact point)

Finite AOE lightning strikes (if there are too many targets within its AOE, it may not hit them all)

Well with my 48 lvl Knight I made a 300 lightning cannon and a 350 (!) lvl missile launcher and I still don't often score above the top 50 percent. I'm definitely missing something.

I've tried finishing a mission as fast as possible. I've tried letting all the vehicles disembark units for extra kills. Also tried only killing bosses with crit strikes. Even tried blowing up every lightbulb , can, pillar I can along the way. I have to be screwing up somewhere.

I really enjoy playing for short bursts when time allows, and the knight is great but it would be fun to try a chaos variant killing off dark Angels!

Archived