FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

So... I've been trying to get this game to sync my game data from my phone to my iPad. Has anyone done this? I thought maybe I hadn't advanced the story enough to start getting the iPad to check, but yesterday I got well into the second chapter and it never prompted me to choose between a cloud save or local data. 

On the other hand, my phone prompts me to choose between local or cloud data when I try to play it. I wonder why only one device would check? 

If anyone's gotten it to sync up, would you mind letting me know at what point it started happening, or if you're aware of any special circumstance or requirement I maybe haven't fulfilled? 

See below...

I just hooked the game up to my new IPad and was looking forward to trying the game on the larger screen. But to my disappointment it doesn't actually synchronize your level! It does however remember what packs you paid for. But I have to be honest starting at level 1 when my phone is lvl 25 isn't exactly an exciting proposition.

Have you tried connecting to Facebook before and after transferring?

I rarely use facebook so I never tried that. but after reading this I did actually hook up to facebook.... no go.

So I tried everything else I could think of, then I took my phone, ran a backup. Took my new iPad and ran a restore. It brought down all the apps, except I think there's something different about Freeblade. It didn't have the 'timer' thingy indicating a restore was happening. So I deleted entirely, re-hooked up my iCloud to it, then re-installed Freeblade.

I just fired it up now and it finally prompted me to 'Use local data or iCloud data?'. 

So that worked. For the record though it never asked me that, yet everytime I would play on iPad, my Phone would ask 'Local data or iCloud?'. So this indicated to me for some reason the iPad just defaulted to something. But thanks, it is working finally.

So it still happens that when I play on another device it defaults to the question: Use local or iCloud data. I always choose iCloud making sure it's the most current.  I'm just glad I got it working.

Yes, that are all drops. But hey just take a look on my mission medal count and you know how long it takes to get it.

Wow, you really like patrolling. lol

:wink:

Yeah that is some serious Knight driving DB!

I love Knights. The reason why i have nine already and a tenth is in planning! I would like to have a real Knight to get to work in it!

I've been running into this really annoying bug in patrols it seems. Whenever I encounter the Ork vindicator tank, it acts like the machine gun one with no way of blocking it with a shield because it's glitching out. It even tells me to use the shield when I cant! It makes it so hard to complete patrols because of this stupid problem.

So... I've been trying to get this game to sync my game data from my phone to my iPad. Has anyone done this? I thought maybe I hadn't advanced the story enough to start getting the iPad to check, but yesterday I got well into the second chapter and it never prompted me to choose between a cloud save or local data. 

On the other hand, my phone prompts me to choose between local or cloud data when I try to play it. I wonder why only one device would check? 

If anyone's gotten it to sync up, would you mind letting me know at what point it started happening, or if you're aware of any special circumstance or requirement I maybe haven't fulfilled? 

See below...

I just hooked the game up to my new IPad and was looking forward to trying the game on the larger screen. But to my disappointment it doesn't actually synchronize your level! It does however remember what packs you paid for. But I have to be honest starting at level 1 when my phone is lvl 25 isn't exactly an exciting proposition.

Have you tried connecting to Facebook before and after transferring?

I rarely use facebook so I never tried that. but after reading this I did actually hook up to facebook.... no go.

So I tried everything else I could think of, then I took my phone, ran a backup. Took my new iPad and ran a restore. It brought down all the apps, except I think there's something different about Freeblade. It didn't have the 'timer' thingy indicating a restore was happening. So I deleted entirely, re-hooked up my iCloud to it, then re-installed Freeblade.

I just fired it up now and it finally prompted me to 'Use local data or iCloud data?'. 

So that worked. For the record though it never asked me that, yet everytime I would play on iPad, my Phone would ask 'Local data or iCloud?'. So this indicated to me for some reason the iPad just defaulted to something. But thanks, it is working finally.

So it still happens that when I play on another device it defaults to the question: Use local or iCloud data. I always choose iCloud making sure it's the most current.  I'm just glad I got it working.

Yeah, that sounds like exactly the same issue. I'm not sure how I feel about resetting my iPad, though, and/or replaying the early levels yet again. Did you have to get to a certain point before it prompted you to use local or iCloud data after it started working, or did it prompt you right after you reset everything? 

I've been running into this really annoying bug in patrols it seems. Whenever I encounter the Ork vindicator tank, it acts like the machine gun one with no way of blocking it with a shield because it's glitching out. It even tells me to use the shield when I cant! It makes it so hard to complete patrols because of this stupid problem.

I've had that too. The only thing that works is blasting the jerkwad to bits as soon as it shows up. My usual tactic is to use the sheild and wipe out infantry before splatting the armour, but with Ork tanks, they just have to die first.

Have you tried deleting Freeblade and just reinstalling after already being connected to iCloud?

I would try this again, because I found I had to reinstall it on the iPad and do this in the following sequence:

- Uninstall it from the device that's forcing you to start at the beginning

- Play Freeblade on the device with the most progress

- Go back to the new device and after reinstalling Freeblade (now at this point I made sure to connect to my (dormant) Facebook account - this could be entirely inconsequential) and starting it up, you should be prompted to use local or iCloud data.

For me it made a difference going from my 6+ phone to a 10" ipad.

I don't know if it's worth it or not, but the ipad makes targeting light bulbs, and smaller targets a lot easier. Stuff very far in the distance can start to take damage earlier if you can see them sitting on a ledge or something.

Again, the way massacres work and kill streaks, this may be counter productive for all I know. lol

Ah okay... so I should be going for a massacre, just before going after a super heavy.... for an 8x multiplier if I happen to deathblow on a crit?

The follow up question would be: does it make sense to get into hand to hand with a super heavy? or try to shoot it down. One gives you a Crit Multiplier, but the other is often faster. (giving a time bonus)

Ah okay... so I should be going for a massacre, just before going after a super heavy.... for an 8x multiplier if I happen to deathblow on a crit?

The follow up question would be: does it make sense to get into hand to hand with a super heavy? or try to shoot it down. One gives you a Crit Multiplier, but the other is often faster. (giving a time bonus)

Jury is out there as I read that you should be getting a better score in H2H instead of shooting, but I haven't been able to verify it.

Jury is out there as I read that you should be getting a better score in H2H instead of shooting, but I haven't been able to verify it.

Better score in H2H if:

1. Your multiplier is high

2. You don't miss a hit

3. You score a critical hit as the final hit

Else shooting it down quickly will also give you a quick kill bonus but it won't be as high.

Hi fellow freebladers, I'm finding it difficult to understand how the forge decides the level of the crafted item and thought someone might be able to shed some light on it. Basically, clicking the auto button will try to put high level stuff in the slots, but often if you remove the high level stuff and replace it with lower quality items, you get better final results. Specially if you place anything above green, it seems to have a negative influence on the outcome.

For instance when forging an ion shield, the auto places a 228 purple missile launcher with a 198 orange melta gun and a bunch of blue items, none lower than 180, and the outcome is a 205 ion shield. If I remove everything but a blue item and put a bunch of 150-160 green items, the ion shield is now 220. It's very counter intuitive.

I hate that I have all these items I could melt to get better items and I keep having that "your forge is not high enough to fully develop that item" (or something like that, playing in spanish)

So, anyone here that has uncovered all the secrets of the forge?...I've already completed all the chapters, although in the last chapter I haven't completed all the extra missions yet. The forge level message says something about getting a better forge by advancing in the quest, but this doesn't seem to be true anymore. Upgrading the forge basically means unlocking more slots?...the last slot requires me to pay, so I'd rather avoid that one :)

Any forge experts there?

Archived