A Mordian march to glory

duz_

You're welcome TC! :D

Yes its always a fun event, I have to start painting getting ready for my next. The calendar seems to have exploded with events and now I'm torn between focusing on repainting my guard or competing ... I think I should focus on painting for now...

Speaking of which!

Still no ETL painting progress however Im a big boy now!

Dedicated hobby table! :D

gallery_87434_11578_213185.jpg

Seat, painting racks and painting light inbound!

I also got some reinforcements. Id already put in an order for a 3rd demolisher when GW sent me a replacement one so that turned into a Valk and Bullgryns! :D

I think this is the biggest investment I've made in my guard in a while other than adhoc Mordian eBay purchases and a couple of purchases at the beginning of 8th.

gallery_87434_11578_206462.jpg

Now I have my table set up I'll be digging the airbrush out tonight :)

Baneblade just has the main guns to be magnetised then some GS work and its ready for the paint shop too :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I still have done 0 on my ETL vow...

However I have finally finished bathing my IKs ready for redoing the magnets and assembly. Chameleon paint should be arriving today.

gallery_87434_11578_213282.jpg

Next up for a bath, my Vendetta. Will be painting it inline with my new tank scheme and hopefully magnetising the weapons so I can run as Valk or Vendetta.

gallery_87434_11578_159585.jpg

Managed to get a good start on my 3rd LR chassis too. Just have the magnets to go on that :D

At some point hopefully before end of next month I'll paint something ...

Took the day off to work on my ETL vow.

It was a failure... :(

The paint job didn't turn out how I wanted so I'm currently 2 steps behind square one. Not sure if I should strip the tanks and start again or if I can get away with adding a few more costs to it... :ermm:

Decided on the expedient way forward and sprayed over my failed attempt.

Here's where it stands now ...

gallery_87434_11578_306059.jpg

I've only done the one panel I still need to add some blue and red vertical stripes to the front. Although I want different colours to what I had used previously. I also need to wash the recesses...

Thoughts?

Finally happy with the colours! Full steam ahead!

Thanks to magnets and lights I show you the same tank many ways! ;)

Just need to do the washes and details now. (Oh and the preshading on everything else that isn't the hull... :ermm:)

You can see the Tech priests are preparing the next to chassis shortly behind ;)

gallery_87434_11578_131840.jpg

Well now I feel obliged! :lol:

Its Vallejos Model Air Dark Gull Grey 71.277

For completeness the other colours are

VMA Insignia White 71.279

VMA Red 71.102

VMA Blue 71.004

The red is a real pain to deal with its super thick.. I have to add extra thinner and crank the pressure to work with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished, finally! :D

gallery_87434_11578_813488.jpg

Now that's done I need to complete my next two and continue preparing my new list for an event late August.

I have set up a Kanban board to track progress it involves

Painted at least 5 of my 6 new bullgryns (they also need to be magnetised still)

Finish assembling and painting a new Valk

paint 1 more plasma vet

Wish me luck! I also have to come up with a new scheme for my Valks. Although I'm loathe to do it, I may use a US Navy scheme which should tie in with my new tank colours