HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Exactly my point. We are having to pay for FW not being capable of writing rules, or paying for the most recent upgrade to rules that come from a change of unit.

I don't have £50 to spent to just get rewritten rules, and if they release if from FAQ, then from a business point of view they miss out on the sales to all us mugs who they'll buy so that we cam do exactly that.

Its really kind of :cuss business practise as well, giving up Goodwill (as in the accountacy goodwill) and business value in favour of short term sales, once only cash sales. I know this because I have to extract companies from contracts with overlords who start doing exactly that. And often, i can't, as it is a form of asset stripping.

Exactly my point. We are having to pay for FW not being capable of writing rules, or paying for the most recent upgrade to rules that come from a change of unit.

I don't have £50 to spent to just get rewritten rules, and if they release if from FAQ, then from a business point of view they miss out on the sales to all us mugs who they'll buy so that we cam do exactly that.

Its really kind of censored.gif business practise as well, giving up Goodwill (as in the accountacy goodwill) and business value in favour of short term sales, once only cash sales. I know this because I have to extract companies from contracts with overlords who start doing exactly that. And often, i can't, as it is a form of asset stripping.

it's 30 pounds, and how old are the red books now? they came out with book three, this weekend will see the pre-release of book VI ^^ it's also for both, people who are new to the heresy, and veterans who wants one updated small book instead of a thinn one and three big one

Its really kind of censored.gif business practise as well, giving up Goodwill (as in the accountacy goodwill) and business value in favour of short term sales, once only cash sales. I know this because I have to extract companies from contracts with overlords who start doing exactly that. And often, i can't, as it is a form of asset stripping.

it's 30 pounds, and how old are the red books now? they came out with book three, this weekend will see the pre-release of book VI ^^ it's also for both, people who are new to the heresy, and veterans who wants one updated small book instead of a thinn one and three big one

I understand why some people are upset with the re release of the red books.
But I think that for me is better (and cheaper) to buy a couple of books from time to time with all the updated rules and new units rather than have to buy every book of the main series they release. but that it's maybe because I'm only interested in the rules and in the background of certain legions.

What's this? Price complaints about the book when a 10 man tactical squad with legion upgrades costs over £100? msn-wink.gif

But seriously, if the price of the updated book is an issue, you probably aren't FW's target audience.

The FAQ/Errata seem ok and more frequent that GW's.

I can't tell whether or not I like the Domitar (need other angles) as I can't tell whether the arms just look too skinny/grav hammers feel weird, or if the shoulder pads just hang off a bit too much. Personally, I want to like it more, but there are just a couple of those weird things that just stick out.

Edit: I wish the Grav hammers looked like the Thanatar's and that the shoulder pads were rounded like the Atrapos Knight's.

Super excited that the red book will be there. Saturday can't come soon enough!

Seconded. Apart from New models for me it's the best news as I'm praying for decent EC updates! That combined with the new rite of war will legalise my usable kakophoni :D

Will the be an update to the Crusade Army List book? Also what are the chances of there being a Thousand Sons transfer sheet in the works (fingers crossed)? Can't wait to hear what is revealed at the Inferno seminar.

I'm hoping that the IH RoW will allow increased incorporation of battle automata units, maybe allowing Castellax / Vorax as support troops?

That said, whatever it is, it'll have to be pretty nifty to compete with the popularity of Head of the Gorgon

You already can take a Praevian with Castellax, and a Heavy Support choice of Castellax/Thallax if you have a Cortex Controller (Praevian/Forge Lord/Autek Mor), plus if you use Head of the Gorgon, your entire Elites choices can be composed of Castellax, Vorax or Domitar! How many more robots do we need!??!

Sorry, trying to remember how much it cost on release, convinced myself it was like £45 + Postage.

Either way, it's still rather extortionate. What this rulebook format provides is a collection of rules - but it doesn't just copy paste the rules, it does so in a manner which breaks things, changes how things work, misses things out, adds in some stealth errata that was not covered by the rules. For people who have not already paid for the Black Books, 1-3, followed by the 2 Red Books, then Books 4 and 5, Red-Mech and eventually 6 when it drops, followed once more by a Red Book v2, that's £478 over the course of about 4 years; nearly £125 a year on books. People who buy just the black books are fine, this isn't going to change their outlook on how they collect the game, but for those who've supported this hobby and the company as much as possible, and be told that "thanks for paying £350, now give us another £130 to actually play the game, but by the way, those rules won't be correct, give me another 2 years and then I'll give you an FAQ that will barely even scratch the issues that come from out complete inability to actually write rules", you've got to be wondering if it's actually intended. That £130 is assuming that there isn't a LACAL update - which means that the Book V upgrades are missing out, and maybe the Red Book Mechanicum changes to the game.

I like to think not, but I don't think FW are that stupid that they cannot see what they're doing, either by intention, or complete stupidity.

That their customer service has now descended into "We can't actually give you an answer, because all we're told to do is answer your purchase related enquiries, and even if we do we tell you to a; houserule and b; we're don't actually know how the game works either", it's not even worth the time or effort.

http://i.imgur.com/z80T8CA.jpg

Grav Hammers?

I hope these things have two settings: Rumble and Frenzy.

Great. Now I'll have to buy two and paint them red and blue. I hope you're happy with what you've done :D

Although, that actually works out quite well with my BA and my NL. Ooh, ideas.

I'm hoping that the IH RoW will allow increased incorporation of battle automata units, maybe allowing Castellax / Vorax as support troops?

That said, whatever it is, it'll have to be pretty nifty to compete with the popularity of Head of the Gorgon

You already can take a Praevian with Castellax, and a Heavy Support choice of Castellax/Thallax if you have a Cortex Controller (Praevian/Forge Lord/Autek Mor), plus if you use Head of the Gorgon, your entire Elites choices can be composed of Castellax, Vorax or Domitar! How many more robots do we need!??!

ALL THE ROBOTS!

tongue.png

(realistically, that's a fair point, but maybe something that would give the Automata access to the IH Legiones Astartes rule outside of a Praevian, to really emphasize how integrated they are into the Legion - I'm also hoping the Shattered Legions stuff might also allow integration of Mechanicum forces as well as inter-Legion armies - a fully mixed Iron Hands / AdMech army would be the dream devil.gif )

Archived