HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

I'm hoping that the IH RoW will allow increased incorporation of battle automata units, maybe allowing Castellax / Vorax as support troops?

That said, whatever it is, it'll have to be pretty nifty to compete with the popularity of Head of the Gorgon

You already can take a Praevian with Castellax, and a Heavy Support choice of Castellax/Thallax if you have a Cortex Controller (Praevian/Forge Lord/Autek Mor), plus if you use Head of the Gorgon, your entire Elites choices can be composed of Castellax, Vorax or Domitar! How many more robots do we need!??!

ALL THE ROBOTS!

tongue.png

maybe you should play Legio Cybernetica with IH allies :D? :P

I'm hoping that the IH RoW will allow increased incorporation of battle automata units, maybe allowing Castellax / Vorax as support troops?

That said, whatever it is, it'll have to be pretty nifty to compete with the popularity of Head of the Gorgon

You already can take a Praevian with Castellax, and a Heavy Support choice of Castellax/Thallax if you have a Cortex Controller (Praevian/Forge Lord/Autek Mor), plus if you use Head of the Gorgon, your entire Elites choices can be composed of Castellax, Vorax or Domitar! How many more robots do we need!??!

ALL THE ROBOTS!

tongue.png

maybe you should play Legio Cybernetica with IH allies biggrin.png? tongue.png

Well, plans for me to obtain B@C at the beginning of the summer are slowly being drawn up, which would most likely be the first step on a long and terrifying road of Heresy-based goodness :P

Of course, any Legio Cybernetica fielded as such would represent Clan Brannsar's very own Battle-Automata Demi-Cohorts happy.png

This weekender will make or break the heresy for me. I've suffered legion limbo and now I gotta know how the new rules. I really hope the DA get good rules that aren't all shooty. And I hope the night lords get a nice ROW that's different from terror assault.

I apologize if this was asked earlier as I can't find it right now but will there be any fluff for the new legions?

There is no way in hell the dark angels come out bland. They've for the first legion terran veterans who crusades alone for decades mixed with secular gothic space knights. That's awesome just to type.

The problem is: that description is in my head, and then we get the crappiest relic bar none, and that makes absolutely no sense.

There is no way in hell the dark angels come out bland. They've for the first legion terran veterans who crusades alone for decades mixed with secular gothic space knights. That's awesome just to type.

The problem is: that description is in my head, and then we get the crappiest relic bar none, and that makes absolutely no sense.

It would make sense if the DA Legion rule forced negative modifiers on morale checks. We don't know how it interacts with the Legion yet

Wonder if FW will do special black bound versions of the red books for those of us who broke and bought the Extermination special ed.

Don't want my lovely wall of black leather sullied with red....tongue.png

I would urge anyone not to jump to conclusions of thier Legion rules seem underpowered or such.

Remember you won't have the units for a while so the big picture might not be present yet. And they can always update them in the next red book!

I will admit, that DA relic tho.

*cough* lucid blade

I would urge anyone not to jump to conclusions of thier Legion rules seem underpowered or such.

Remember you won't have the units for a while so the big picture might not be present yet. And they can always update them in the next red book!

I will admit, that DA relic tho.

To be fair, quite a few of them feel a bit rushed and/or forced.

"We need a relic!" "For all of them?" "For all of them!"

I really wouldn't look too deep into the relics as a reflection of the legions.

Or so I hope... though comes to mind a certain saying...

*cough* lucid blade

Lucid ain't bad, nothing like tanking the enemy Preator while your spears do the work :D, then you win with bonus to combat res. Situational sure, but pretty nice in conjunction with the rest of the army.

I wish they would live cast the seminars.

Making money with a virtual ticket that gives you also access to pre-release and event exclusive stuff like blizzard does it with their blizzcon? nah, that would be madness 

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/tumblr_o18er81vZy1uiiv2do4_500-1453309656.gif

I wish they would live cast the seminars.

Making money with a virtual ticket that gives you also access to pre-release and event exclusive stuff like blizzard does it with their blizzcon? nah, that would be madness 

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/tumblr_o18er81vZy1uiiv2do4_500-1453309656.gif

That would just make too much sense

I've said a few times now, they really need to record the seminars and post them somewhere (e.g. YouTube) after the event. They don't like people taking videos and voice recordings during the event and posting as they want to preserve the event for those that have paid for the tickets and travelled (and some have travelled as far as Australia for this), but there's no reason why they couldn't professionally record the seminars and release them a few weeks after the Weekender. 

last years Iron and Stone seminar was probably the best aside from the miniatures and FW Book seminars, and it was pure fluke that I was in it. Plus it would be good to let more people see Tony Cottrell's cheese dad jokes!

Archived