HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Is it just me or does "encarmine fury" in the blood angel rules seem incredible?

Perma furious charge in later rounds of combat smile.png

It's literally a better talent for murder. And the EC say people steal there rules.

And we get no other legion benefit, Just downsides. No going to ground, have to sweep(though that isn't much to worry about) can't have more vehicles than infantry units not counting DTs.

Edit: Just realized, we can't run the new dread list. Damn. I used to do that with my 5th ed BA, was a lot of fun. Why?

12696062_185964255098315_814130854_n.jpg

thanks @ imperial truth

There was a pack of about 7 SW on Terra sent there on Euss's orders in proxy of The Sigilite to "watch the watchers". Packs name was Howl of the Hearthworld. A short story describes there displeasure on being sent to Terra as the SW are readying themselves for Prospero in the new collection of stories "War Without End", so entirely possible that a SW is fighting alongside an IF and the Sigilite

If I'm not mistaken from the previous cover art, that's Severian, former LW and currently agentia of the Sigillite. No wonder we then see him next to Malcador with a slew of astartes in obvious grey, featureless armour... Errant kniggets imo and not Wolves.

More ROW from Mortarion24:

IF stated previously

UM

+infantry infiltrate

+all infantry score

+recon may be taken as compulsory

-must have allied loyal imperial militia warp cult force with gene crafted and warrior elite upgrades

-no levy squads in allied detatch

-loyalist only

-must have vigilator

IH

+Meduson Immortals count as troops

+Hatred Traitors

+MI stubborn in enemy deploy

-loyal only and not shattered legion

-no allies

-no ferrus Magnus:(

RG

+once per game every model gains zealot for the turn

+slay the warlord grants D3 vp instead of 1

+allied imperial militia and warp cults are fearless within 6" of RG

-not shattered legions

-no fort or slow and purposeful units

-loyal only

Sala

+Infantry cause fear

+may force another turn in random length matches

+new psych power replaces pro flame breath (18" S5 AP1 Assault 1 + enemies that take casualties take morale with -ve modifier equal to wound caused)

-must have champion

-max 1 from each of jumps info, jetbike, skimmer and flyer

-no vulkan

-no fort or allies

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed by the RG ROW. <sadfaced>

And, in fact, I'm pretty pissed that the UM's ROW is really more of what the RG should get! Recon should be compulsory for RG! GRRRRRR....

More ROW from Mortarion24:

IH

+Meduson Immortals count as troops

+Hatred Traitors

+MI stubborn in enemy deploy

-loyal only and not shattered legion

-no allies

-no ferrus Magnus:(

Squig is an impatient fool...

weeps quietly

Pretty sure the new Knight has two...twin-linked Volcano Cannons

Compare:

-snip-

Given it's pretty clearly based on the plastic Knight chassis, I suspect Volcano Cannons are a bit excessive. They'll be TL Neutron Lasers, or have rules similar to the Vindicator laser array.

Solar War seminar was actually really good, explaining in more detail the nature of the dual wars being forged at this time. The Heresy itself, and the secret war the Emperor is fighting against Daemons in the Webway with the Custodes and the Sisters of Silence. One of the next Heresy books from BL is 'Praetorian of Dorn', and goes back to Terra and follows Dorn and primarily his Hurscarl Captain (name eludes me at the moment) as they rally the defences and try to rout out an Alpha Legion infiltration. I'll see if I can recall some more details, but they're going to be cranking up the tension and pressure on the loyalists at Terra over the next few books, before the main Traitor thrust fully arrives.

They probably are wanting people to play Legion Specific RoW to get fluffy rewards. Makes sense- your legion gets more benefits if it fights how it wants, you get less when you run them a way they are less proficient at.

Any picks of new legion (DA BA WS) RoW

Pretty sure the new Knight has two...twin-linked Volcano Cannons

Compare:

-snip-

Given it's pretty clearly based on the plastic Knight chassis, I suspect Volcano Cannons are a bit excessive. They'll be TL Neutron Lasers, or have rules similar to the Vindicator laser array.

That's what I thought, but the cannons are literally identical to the Volcano cannons on the Falchion. 

The Cerb TB is quite different. 

Also bit meh at the Salamander RoW...how...how good is Fear? Pysch power sounds good but Libbies are .. meh

Oh, from the new model seminar.

Price for Stormbird is not yet known, but Tony Cottrell gave us a small insight into the weight of the model. Apparently the Warlord Titan was around 8kg and is priced at ~£1200, and the Stormbird weights in at around 5.5kg. If the weight is an indicator of cost, then this might make the Stormbird in the £800 bracket, but I'm guessing it will be cheaper than that. Having seen it against a Thunderhawk, i personally would price at around £500

"Second new model seminar"???

Yeah, what? I don't remember seeing one on the schedule, but then again, it would be apropos if they were revealing Alpharius to suprise everyone.

I'm still thinking the surprise Will be a certain dynamic duo ;) or Shadrak Meduson.

Yeah, what? I don't remember seeing one on the schedule, but then again, it would be apropos if they were revealing Alpharius to suprise everyone.
I'm still thinking the surprise Will be a certain dynamic duo ;) or Shadrak Meduson.

Dynamic duo? We've already got Batman Curze ;)

Taken from letsyoudown in the death guard tactica forum:

"Just got out of the shopping line at the weekender and went straight to the new Death Guard stuff in Book VI & the new red book.

Sons of Barbarus was changed: we now have a 4+ FNP roll against all Poison & Fleshbane.

so, Sweep Attack and Unwieldy did get exchanged for Reaping Blow: fight at -1 Initiative in assault and gain +1 attack if in base contact with more than one enemy model at their own Init step. YES.

And what's that?? Yes, Silence has Reaping Blow as well. No change to Poison 4+ missiles but it now combines with the new RoW, so that's ok.

Oh hey and did you know? GRAVE WARDEN CAN OVERWATCH WITH THE DEATH CLOUD DESPITE CATAPHRACTII. Yaasssssss this is good

The RoW is Creeping Death:

Infantry in the detachment gain 5+ cover saves in the open as long as they're 12" away from an enemy model.

You get a pregame biochem bombardment that wrecks terrain by making the cover save worse & making it difficult terrain.

All frag and missiles in the detachment increased to S5...

Drawbacks: Traitor only RoW, no Shattered Legions either, must have a Siege Breaker, must always be Attacker, no Fortifications.

Virtually no disadvantages a good amount of the time for us other than a Siege Breaker. So. That's cool.

I think that's it! I'll reread it later but I'm going to go head to a seminar now."

Archived