HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

I made my way through the thread as best I could and still didint see the New Imperial Fists rite of war ? 

I am pretty stoked about the new Knight and Dorns buff tho 

Posted Today, 05:02 PM

Imp fist RoW phalanx warders troops. Teleprt transponder options for infantry and chars. Deep strikers gain shrouded for a turn and cause 12" aoe blind. Vehicles must start in reserve and no fort or allies

From Heresy 30k

I have to be honest : I don't like Blood Angels, but it definitely seems like you got shafted here...

And I'm surprised how no-one has commented on the Ultras Rite of War: it seems quite overpowered on reading it, at least in objective games. All infantry scoring ? come on !

EDIT: really pleased with Iron Warriors RoW though :) And I'm going to have to find a place to put the Iron Circle in my fluff :P

That's the issue.

BA without their right of war have more negatives than positives, the easier wound chance is nice but to be particularly good in melee you need ap2 which BA can only really get on init1 weapons which typically are wounding on 2s anyway.

Then the right of war is great... except it requires you use a unit that is at least for the next half a year or so accepted to be a very bad choice in a heresy game, it grants +1 init but also means you have to accept challenges.

As such, you're either striking first and almost certainly not getting through the 2+ armour save of your opponent (and then they cut you down due to having an ap2 weapon either at their own init (WS), a step lower (deathguard... seriously the DG can do CC better than CC armies with the rad grenades and AP2 scythes), or init 1 with an axe or fist... or you strike last and either don't get to strike (WS or DG) or quite likely end in mutual destruction)

But still great work on getting all the info folks, thanks!

P.s. I think the reason the above frustrates me is because my most likely opponents are deathguard, white scars and DA lol

in termies their poweraxes wound at 2+ so you save tose 5pts for the powerfists

Eh, saving 25-50 points being the biggest boon of the legion rule says a lot lol.

Tbh it's not all that bad, the rule is fairly good, as is the rite of war, but the rite of war needs assault squads to be fixed before its really playable.

Here's how I guss it'd go down (will assume a despoiler squad or tacticals with ccw):

Squad with sergeant using artificer armour and an axe charge similar equipped enemy unit.

The sergeant has to challenge, so does. And either has mutual destruction or gets lucky or dies. If vs deathguard or white scars he dies.

However the unit of BA that is with said sergeant strike first (+1 init) and probably do more wounds. So come out on top potentially more often than not (of course certain enemy legion rules make that less likely)

The pistols are OK but hand flamers really aren't great

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end. Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

Forgeworld? -Ahem- Forgeworld?

If they don't fix this the will be no reason in taking primarchs, you could even take the phase walker for extra OP

At least now I won't be guilted about playing 'Iron Hands, the Over-Powered Army' laugh.png

The exact wording of the hand flamer rule is: "Any model with the Legiones Astartes (Blood Angels) special rule with access to a volkite serpenta as part of their Wargear options may instead take a hand flamer for +15 points."

IIRC a Moritat cannot benefit from their legiones astartes rules, I could be completely wrong however (don't have the red books yet). So if someone who does have the red books could clarify this, that'd be just great.

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end. Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

If they don't fix this the will be no reason in taking primarchs, you could even take the phase walker for extra OP

At least now I won't be guilted about playing 'Iron Hands, the Over-Powered Army' laugh.png

The exact wording of the hand flamer rule is: "Any model with the Legiones Astartes (Blood Angels) special rule with access to a volkite serpenta as part of their Wargear options may instead take a hand flamer for +15 points."

IIRC a Moritat cannot benefit from their legiones astartes rules, I could be completely wrong however (don't have the red books yet). So if someone who does have the red books could clarify this, that'd be just great.

Nope, you are correct :)

That's the issue.

BA without their right of war have more negatives than positives, the easier wound chance is nice but to be particularly good in melee you need ap2 which BA can only really get on init1 weapons which typically are wounding on 2s anyway.

Then the right of war is great... except it requires you use a unit that is at least for the next half a year or so accepted to be a very bad choice in a heresy game, it grants +1 init but also means you have to accept challenges.

As such, you're either striking first and almost certainly not getting through the 2+ armour save of your opponent (and then they cut you down due to having an ap2 weapon either at their own init (WS), a step lower (deathguard... seriously the DG can do CC better than CC armies with the rad grenades and AP2 scythes), or init 1 with an axe or fist... or you strike last and either don't get to strike (WS or DG) or quite likely end in mutual destruction)

But still great work on getting all the info folks, thanks!

P.s. I think the reason the above frustrates me is because my most likely opponents are deathguard, white scars and DA lol

in termies their poweraxes wound at 2+ so you save tose 5pts for the powerfists

Very true. Thats an extra 25 points for a 5 man squad saved.

Tomorrow brother tomorrow we shall find out, all in all this is a great weekender, now if we got a primarch preview and a finished or 90% finished primarch and a look at some Wolves upgrades everyone will be sufficed.

Finished Dorn concept magnus russ Diorama?

Who knows what those crazy guys at fw are planning

12696062_185964255098315_814130854_n.jpg

thanks @ imperial truth

There was a pack of about 7 SW on Terra sent there on Euss's orders in proxy of The Sigilite to "watch the watchers". Packs name was Howl of the Hearthworld. A short story describes there displeasure on being sent to Terra as the SW are readying themselves for Prospero in the new collection of stories "War Without End", so entirely possible that a SW is fighting alongside an IF and the Sigilite

If I'm not mistaken from the previous cover art, that's Severian, former LW and currently agentia of the Sigillite. No wonder we then see him next to Malcador with a slew of astartes in obvious grey, featureless armour... Errant kniggets imo and not Wolves.

None of this matters.

All that matters is that The First Captain, the Black Templar, the Living Paragon, SIGISMUND stands to the right of Malcador. 

I'm all in. 

Tomorrow brother tomorrow we shall find out, all in all this is a great weekender, now if we got a primarch preview and a finished or 90% finished primarch and a look at some Wolves upgrades everyone will be sufficed.

Are you feeling it now kurama?

I'm psyched about the armored company and the dark angels rules.

Are you feeling it now kurama?

I'm psyched about the armored company and the dark angels rules.

It was the heavy weapons that sold me the fact that we can customize more weaponry finally were reaching for scope and the magnitude of the Horus Heresy again it makes me swoon.

Now colour me pedantic but I have 20 Tartaros Terminators and im thinking Iron warriors but black shields but my thousand sons project but returning to my white scars my son's of Horus my world eaters my Solar Auxillia my vostroyan militia I can decide what to do damn it!!!

Wait if moritats can't benefit from legiones astartes, there's literally no point in the things. Why would I want a night Lord moritat that would be the only guy who couldn't see in the dark...

Maybe it's because they're eyes are burnt out from Rad weaponry and only see in shades of grey

Wait if moritats can't benefit from legiones astartes, there's literally no point in the things. Why would I want a night Lord moritat that would be the only guy who couldn't see in the dark...

Maybe it's because they're eyes are burnt out from Rad weaponry and only see in shades of grey

And that wouldn't apply to destroyers? That model is gonna get soooo dusty

Nope, you are correct smile.png

my red book says thet they cannot benefit from special rules of rites of war, characthers and anithing outside themselves, but doesn't say nothing about legiones astartes, and in the centurion description it says that he has the legiones astartes special rule.

Perhaps you're talking about some FAQ?

Not sure if this is the place for this, and I apologize if it isn't, but if anyone is going to the Weekender and willing to pick up some things I'd humbly request a PM and we can discuss the important things.

Sorry again..

Archived