HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

The pistols are OK but hand flamers really aren't great

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end. Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

Forgeworld? -Ahem- Forgeworld?

I will dreadsock anyone who actually tries this.

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end. Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

Had the same idea-no fricking rolls. Just remove that big blob of red butchers with Angron.

Add a phase walker relic and have an infinitely broken model.

I will dreadsock anyone who actually tries this.

how can a moritat use them? its legion specific stuff?

The pistols are all too overpriced to be worth using, just like plasma unfortunately so that aint changing any time soon. Our LEgion sword is pretty sweet though!

The sword is really cool for sure, but in most cases a paragon blade is as good or better, the blade of perdition will shine most against enemies with eternal warrior - now, admittedly You could give the praetor a paragon blade then have your consul use the blade of perdition which is pretty cool.

Just really seems like they ought to have had something along the lines of the glaive encarmine available as an option for sergeants.

White Scars! Wow they do not dissapoint!!!!!

bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/176268-received-455050494684806/]gallery_72636_11351_31302.jpeg[/url]

bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/176269-received-455050491351473/]gallery_72636_11351_157770.jpeg[/url]

gallery/image/176270-received-455050314684824/]gallery_72636_11351_69334.jpeg[/url]

image/176271-received-455050311351491/]gallery_72636_11351_129869.jpeg[/url]

Sorry about sideways pictures. I didnt take them

I'm still a little dumbfounded that BA didn't get a regular melee weapon usable on sergeants... when their rules are completely based around melee. The pistols are OK but hand flamers really aren't great, inferno pistols are alright but the melta rule is typically pretty wasted on it.

I'm also a little disappointed in this but remember these are sort of place holder rules to enable people to properly use the legions, im sure when BA/DA get the full release they will get plenty more character and identity 

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end.  Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

Forgeworld?  -Ahem-  Forgeworld?

If they don't fix this the will be no reason in taking primarchs, you could even take the phase walker for extra OP

White Scars! Wow they do not dissapoint!!!!!

SNIP

Sorry about sideways pictures. I didnt take them

and then you have white scars... who can apparently give every sergeant in their army a Strike at init AP2 weapon.

If they don't fix this the will be no reason in taking primarchs, you could even take the phase walker for extra OP

At least now I won't be guilted about playing 'Iron Hands, the Over-Powered Army' laugh.png

Without going into too much detail on the new generic rites (there are over 10)

Armoured Breakthrough: Predator squads are compulsory troops, Sicarians as Elites, no fortifications / immobile units / units without transports

Primarchs Chosen: Primarch is HQ and not LoW, Veterans and Terminators as Compulsory Troops.

Brethren of Iron: Castellax as non-compulsory troops, Vorax as fast attack and Domitar as Elites but requires a Forge Lord / Iron Father / Warsmith

Fury of the Ancients: Dreadnought and Contemptor Dreadnought Talons as Compulsory Troops, but are no longer Elites. Need a Forge Lord and Primus Medicae, and can't seine the initiative

Outcast Sons: meant for small detachments of traitor loyalists, very circumstantial, not great bonuses.

Sky Hunter Phallanx: Jetbikes as Troops, and can voluntarily leave the table to be placed into ongoing reserves. Infantry can only be on Jetbikes or transports with the flyer rule.

Orphans of Betrayl: like Outcast sons but for loyalist traitors

Drop Assault Vanguard: compulsory troops can only be assault squads, half of which must be enter through deep strike. Only take units that can deploy through Deep strike or embarked on a Flyer transport.

Legion Recon Company: recon squads are compulsory troops, all models deployed using scout or infiltrate also gain shrouded during first turn. No termite armour or heavy support choices.

Zone Mortalis Assault Force: terminators as non compulsory troops, breacher squads with all models in base contact get bonuses to Invulnerable save

Sacrificial Offering: all models gain outflank and must begin in reserve from the primary detachment. An allied detachment must be taken, has stubborn whilst in own deployment zone, and have no VP if destroyed. Traitor only (duh)

Without going into too much detail on the new generic rites (there are over 10)

Armoured Breakthrough: Predator squads are compulsory troops, Sicarians as Elites, no fortifications / immobile units / units without transports

Primarchs Chosen: Primarch is HQ and not LoW, Veterans and Terminators as Compulsory Troops.

Brethren of Iron: Castellax as non-compulsory troops, Vorax as fast attack and Domitar as Elites but requires a Forge Lord / Iron Father / Warsmith

Fury of the Ancients: Dreadnought and Contemptor Dreadnought Talons as Compulsory Troops, but are no longer Elites. Need a Forge Lord and Primus Medicae, and can't seine the initiative

Outcast Sons: meant for small detachments of traitor loyalists, very circumstantial, not great bonuses.

Sky Hunter Phallanx: Jetbikes as Troops, and can voluntarily leave the table to be placed into ongoing reserves. Infantry can only be on Jetbikes or transports with the flyer rule.

Orphans of Betrayl: like Outcast sons but for loyalist traitors

Drop Assault Vanguard: compulsory troops can only be assault squads, half of which must be enter through deep strike. Only take units that can deploy through Deep strike or embarked on a Flyer transport.

Legion Recon Company: recon squads are compulsory troops, all models deployed using scout or infiltrate also gain shrouded during first turn. No termite armour or heavy support choices.

Zone Mortalis Assault Force: terminators as non compulsory troops, breacher squads with all models in base contact get bonuses to Invulnerable save

Sacrificial Offering: all models gain outflank and must begin in reserve from the primary detachment. An allied detachment must be taken, has stubborn whilst in own deployment zone, and have no VP if destroyed. Traitor only (duh)

This is fantastic. All of it!

Where is this BA ROW I keep hearing of. And a legion bonus that only works in cc, that comes attached to multiple downsides, and doesn't play into being "angels" at all, is kinda bad. That, and 15 pt hand flamers are a joke, and infernus pistols lose a lot of their appeal in an environment where amoured ceramite is common. Ouch. Anyway, I don't want to be a downer today of all days, and would like to say thank you so much to everyone who spent their time to post all this info, it's really appreciated by everyone.

That's the issue.

BA without their right of war have more negatives than positives, the easier wound chance is nice but to be particularly good in melee you need ap2 which BA can only really get on init1 weapons which typically are wounding on 2s anyway.

Then the right of war is great... except it requires you use a unit that is at least for the next half a year or so accepted to be a very bad choice in a heresy game, it grants +1 init but also means you have to accept challenges.

As such, you're either striking first and almost certainly not getting through the 2+ armour save of your opponent (and then they cut you down due to having an ap2 weapon either at their own init (WS), a step lower (deathguard... seriously the DG can do CC better than CC armies with the rad grenades and AP2 scythes), or init 1 with an axe or fist... or you strike last and either don't get to strike (WS or DG) or quite likely end in mutual destruction)

But still great work on getting all the info folks, thanks!

P.s. I think the reason the above frustrates me is because my most likely opponents are deathguard, white scars and DA lol

That's the issue.

BA without their right of war have more negatives than positives, the easier wound chance is nice but to be particularly good in melee you need ap2 which BA can only really get on init1 weapons which typically are wounding on 2s anyway.

Then the right of war is great... except it requires you use a unit that is at least for the next half a year or so accepted to be a very bad choice in a heresy game, it grants +1 init but also means you have to accept challenges.

As such, you're either striking first and almost certainly not getting through the 2+ armour save of your opponent (and then they cut you down due to having an ap2 weapon either at their own init (WS), a step lower (deathguard... seriously the DG can do CC better than CC armies with the rad grenades and AP2 scythes), or init 1 with an axe or fist... or you strike last and either don't get to strike (WS or DG) or quite likely end in mutual destruction)

P.s. I think the reason the above frustrates me is because my most likely opponents are deathguard, white scars and DA lol

in termies their poweraxes wound at 2+ so you save tose 5pts for the powerfists

That's the issue.

Imo, the Rite depends on if it allows pods as DT or not. If yes awesome. If not, well my armored speartip list is staying.

Archived