Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

Perturabo has the innate ability to deepstrike himself and a Terminator squad hes strapped to T1 if I'm not mistaken. Havent watched the vid yet but from what I gather, Steve didnt do that?

Perturabo has the innate ability to deepstrike himself and a Terminator squad hes strapped to T1 if I'm not mistaken. Havent watched the vid yet but from what I gather, Steve didnt do that?

Nope, had him foot slog with some Tyrants. I wish he had ran the RoW that let's you shoot artillery near your friendlies as the deep striking terminators plus the arty would've worked well in conjunction.

Perty just shot some gribblies and dropped a bombardment I think. Kind of a waste.

Watching it now.

First Reaction:

TOM WHY YOU NO TAKE DREADNOUGHT DROP POD FOR LEVIATHAN AND GIVE IT A CCW AND PHOSPHEX!?! WHY YOU NO DITCH THE STORM CANNON FOR THE FEEBLE GUN IT IS!?!??

Thats it so far :p

Watching it now.

First Reaction:

TOM WHY YOU NO TAKE DREADNOUGHT DROP POD FOR LEVIATHAN AND GIVE IT A CCW AND PHOSPHEX!?! WHY YOU NO DITCH THE STORM CANNON FOR THE FEEBLE GUN IT IS!?!??

Thats it so far :p

Ironically...the storm cannon kills more terminators and models than the grav bombard :D

Also, it winds up being his key unit that does amazing all game.

Shows what we armchair generals know harrumph harrumph...

He wouldve probably done more damage by being dropped onto all of Steves infantry and essentially turning his backfield into paste.

And if Steve did go ahead with dropping his termies around the Leviathan in that scenario, even better for Tom since they would have been waaaaay too far from his lines at that point no matter the outcome.

But man, those 4+ invulns...

He wouldve probably done more damage by being dropped onto all of Steves infantry and essentially turning his backfield into paste.

And if Steve did go ahead with dropping his termies around the Leviathan in that scenario, even better for Tom since they would have been waaaaay too far from his lines at that point no matter the outcome.

But man, those 4+ invulns...

Yeah behind the rapiers and Havocs would've been prime, though the Levi might have to tangle with Perty then. Though it'd probably have gotten it's job done then.

I cringed when Steve sent his 20 man blob against Curze and a few raptors >.<

He could have just fury of the legion'd them off the board. I'm gonna chalk that one up to learning pains, but still...charging a primarch with anything short of 2 contemptors or 10 terminators is pure suicide.

How many games have they had so far? I know they are new to a lot of this but when they play games for a job I kinda hope they put the time into it. Most of them have been playing 40k for years, which may contribute to all the messed rules but they also have a fundamental basis for the rules.

How was the Night Lords list like? Was it a standard terror assualt? Kinda hope it's unique, deptcharge was right we need for unique night lords lists.

It's actually only the one squad of raptors and 3 terror squads, the 2nd one seemed a bit rushed, Steve mentioned in one of his vault videos (sit and talk I think) that he had recorded one HH battle report a long time ago (presumably the ultramarines one) and needed to schedule a second one for the vault, as they always release them in twos. It was funny seeing the Night Lords being defenders in the 'suicide mission' scenario as it seemed very out of character for them, though they did recognise this and act appropriately.

I think each of the MWG staff has only played a handful of  30k battle reports each so far, yes they are 'professional' wargame players but they do have to stay current with several different game systems at once.

It is their job though...they should be able to stay current with several game systems if they are serious about their job. I mean, how many can they be? 40k, Infinity, warmahordes, AoS...so about four? And a lot of the things they do wrongly is in the standard 7th ed rulebook and not in the 30k books...and it haven't been updated for a long time now!

They also have Star Wars and any of the custom games/campaigns they do but yyyeeeaaahh.. they should reference the books more in general.

I think I'd be an excellent batrep guy for Mwg. Unfortunately I live thousands of miles away...

I'm great, but I do a lot of banter. Halfway through the game I'd sound like Reece from FLG :P my voice starts to sound like a cigar chewing navy seal as it gets hoarse.

Oh and the Vault Pair with this is Quirk vs Josh in AL vs Mechanicum.

Spoiler Alert:

Quirk Gets Stomped Hard having never gone against Mechanicum before and bringing a pure infantry list.

Spoiler Alert:

Quirk Gets Stomped Hard having never gone against Mechanicum before and bringing a pure infantry list.

Yikes, I haven't even watched it, but I figured that happen. Though I'd be expecting him to do well with sniper vets and Alpharius.

Spoiler Alert:

Yikes, I haven't even watched it, but I figured that happen. Though I'd be expecting him to do well with sniper vets and Alpharius.

Thallax.

They are still the most regular channel for quality content.

The videos and production are definitely getting better, the studios make a big difference.

I love Steve's Iron Warriors army... I just don't like Steve :-P

Archived