Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

I'm not a tactical genius by any means, but it seems like feeding an entire veteran squad into Curze and his Raptors in the hope of "killing one or two" was a really bad move.  I don't know what Quirk was hoping to accomplish, but the odds of 1-2 kills under those conditions were so astronomical. Those vets didn't stand a chance.

I'm not a tactical genius by any means, but it seems like feeding an entire veteran squad into Curze and his Raptors in the hope of "killing one or two" was a really bad move. I don't know what Quirk was hoping to accomplish, but the odds of 1-2 kills under those conditions were so astronomical. Those vets didn't stand a chance.

Especially after all their bonuses like d3 extra attacks, +1 I under nightfall, chainglaives, an apothecary, Curze.....

Need I go on?

To be truthfully honest though, there wasn't anything in Irk's list (as I call him now) that could've handled that squad. Even the contemptor would only hold up Curze until he got hit and run off.

Where's Hesh when you need him? He needs to slap Irk upside the head with dual podding grav dreads and rapiers.

Send out the....bat- er Hesh symbol!!!

I will say one thing about Quirk. He's illustrated what I've always said: Vets aren't really worth it :-P

They work well when in conjunction with a legion that actually benefits them. In this case, he's using them as a stop gap because he was likely told that vets are the way to go. It seems now that he just has a small collection and is trapped by it.

Or he knows his legion and the game better. He's not a bad guy by any means, he seems like a chill dude. It's just that the way he uses his models is so wasteful that a a ww2 Soviet commander would tell him that he's wasting his men.

The Vault one was... Err uncomfortable to watch.

Emperor's children v Mechanicum. The armies weren't well balanced in terms of competition but the Tactical choices made by the EC player were... Not the best

As for the Quirk batrep... Why on God's name did he not get his Primarch in play until turn 4? Why has he paid for Lascannons on his Venator, Why was his Dread stranded on the far side of the table and out of play the whole game? Why did he throw a Veteran Tactical Squad away for absolutely no reason at all? Why, why, why, why, why? Lol

I think I pooped my pants a bit when I saw the full EC list bc I thought he was going in with 2 Levis, 2 Spartans, and a Primarch.

I'd cry Missio before the match started >.<

Unfortunately it was meant to be a 3k game but when Sam(ec player) arrived mwg didn't have time for that size game and he was given 5mins to cut his list down before the game which is why his list/tactics were a little off.

His full army of 8k+ looks stunning and I can confirm his dice rolling (other than the bad charges) is always stupidly lucky. Im sure he's a witch

It's honestly getting to the point I don't really want to watch Quirk play, if he was just unlucky it wouldn't be so bad, but the forgetting of the rules and mistakes he makes is kinda getting painful.

With precisely zero games of 30k under my belt, I am far from an expert. But with all due consideration, I have to say that most recent bat rep was painful to watch.

I just... I can even understand problems with list building. I'm having major problems getting my alpha legion to work on paper, but the choices that were made in that game were just... Gah!

I'd highly recommend watching the IW and SA battle, pretty high strung and really good.

My favorite moment so far is when Matt makes an accounting joke when using his Stratego to fire an orbital bombardment:

"Well I see here that orbital bombardments costs *ch ching* 3 trillion dollars and 5 terminators in cataphractii armor costs...*ch ching* 4.5 trillion dollars so carry the three and pay dividends...ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT APPROVED!"

Ahh war and accounting. No wonder why I always get slotted with Perturabo during "what Primarch are you?" :P

Well I suppose I will pop in here and say hello.  This is Josh from MWG.  I considered responding to a number of different posts but I do not want to create an expectation that I will not be able to commit to in the future.  I chuckle at a few of the perceptions of both myself and the company I work for but I promise to continue to do everything I can to try to improve the quality of the games I play in.  

I encourage anyone to send any questions, comments or concerns to me at josh@miniwargaming.com.  I will endeavor to reply in a timely manner.  

Cheers,

Josh

I'd highly recommend watching the IW and SA battle, pretty high strung and really good.

My favorite moment so far is when Matt makes an accounting joke when using his Stratego to fire an orbital bombardment:

"Well I see here that orbital bombardments costs *ch ching* 3 trillion dollars and 5 terminators in cataphractii armor costs...*ch ching* 4.5 trillion dollars so carry the three and pay dividends...ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT APPROVED!"

Ahh war and accounting. No wonder why I always get slotted with Perturabo during "what Primarch are you?" :P

I've always been a Dave fan and didn't watch much of matts videos but this made me laugh quite abit. Im a bit of a convert now

It's honestly getting to the point I don't really want to watch Quirk play, if he was just unlucky it wouldn't be so bad, but the forgetting of the rules and mistakes he makes is kinda getting painful.

2nd this.  In this latest VBR he should have used split fire on the Tryant Terms and multi-chagred the 2 vehicles.  I can see not charging adding those Volkite IG slayers having 20 overwatch shots.

Well I suppose I will pop in here and say hello.  This is Josh from MWG.  I considered responding to a number of different posts but I do not want to create an expectation that I will not be able to commit to in the future.  I chuckle at a few of the perceptions of both myself and the company I work for but I promise to continue to do everything I can to try to improve the quality of the games I play in.  

I encourage anyone to send any questions, comments or concerns to me at josh@miniwargaming.com.  I will endeavor to reply in a timely manner.  

Cheers,

Josh

Thanks for chiming in.  I like some of the 30K VBRs (best was SoH vs Mechabugs), but others are not worth watching, like the latest one.  Even if Quirk had played better the lists were not balanced, IG/Salas were way to strong for that AL list.

Quirk likes the veteran squads, but imo they'd be better of he equipped them with 2 plasmas and a combi plasma each. Put the hurt on all the Termies he faces that way.

Quirk's list doesn't really have a hammer or an anvil. He also has 3 scoring options, which is one of the drawbacks of coils. He's using his expensive HQ to give one of this tanks an extra ballistic skill when he should be doing something a little more threatening (hell, he could take the new tank ROW and have that +1 BS for free). Otherwise there's nothing that's really going to challenge an enemy line or counter an enemy push into his own.

I think he's a chill dude, his current army just doesn't do anything well except outflank.

He needs a leviathan for that Dynat combo. He could also do with an infiltrating breacher squad as he seems to be the one that gets charged. Also some more AT. And some terminators.

Pretty much anything else would be a plus from here lol. I like the guy...he just needs some guidance.

• 1 month later...

We're Back Glorious Loyalists and Filthy Traitors with Night Lords vs Eldar ohmy.png!?!

Haven't watched it yet so no comment.

The Vault Video is Necron vs Mechanicum. Who has the Better Stompy Robbits?!?

Archived