Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

I liked the EC/Sallie battle, but I felt you could already tell the balance of the game was skewed from the beginning.

Sallies:

Leviathan

Deredeo

Spartan

Firedrakes fully loaded with Libby and Chaplain

Regular mooks and preds

EC:

2 Sicarans

Squads of still meh Kakaphoni

Storm eagle with Palatines

Tactical mooks

Improved Javelins

Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

Balance much? I like having strong armies play one another, but you can call this one from the beginning.

I liked the EC/Sallie battle, but I felt you could already tell the balance of the game was skewed from the beginning.

Sallies:

Leviathan

Deredeo

Spartan

Firedrakes fully loaded with Libby and Chaplain

Regular mooks and preds

EC:

2 Sicarans

Squads of still meh Kakaphoni

Storm eagle with Palatines

Tactical mooks

Improved Javelins

Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

Balance much? I like having strong armies play one another, but you can call this one from the beginning.

To be fair, he was unfortunate/unwise with the reserves, especially the Storm Eagle/Palatines not turning up effectively making it a 500 point handicap. But yes, the deathstar Firedrakes in Spartan did make it a bit of a joke either way especially with superior support pieces.

Alright. Before watching this one, realize that they made a number of rules mistakes. If you catch any of them, post about them here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/Alpha-Legion-vs-Mechanicum-Horus-Heresy-Battle-Report-Ep-37

Because otherwise, this thread will just devolve rapidly. Especially since they're doing a "Rules you got wrong" series so posting about any mistakes on the actual videos page is much more beneficial than posting about it here.

Anyways, here it is, AL vs Mech.

Watched that one, had to mute it halfway through. So many mistakes, grated that the Mechanicum guy's first time but come on Quirk. Hes a good personality but just unwatchable for battle reports when you want to watch battle reports.

Matt's are a joy to watch, Steve and Josh are also funny and fun to watch but Quirk, I like the guy just not playing Warhammer anything, can't speak for other game systems.

Agree with above. Matt is excellent. Josh is pretty good. Steve... I was a Vault member when he started up, and I really liked him. I just feel his current batrep style is so rushed. Which is a shame, because he is a good player and a great painter. I would love to see more 'cinematic' shots of his models and a detailed look at his stuff with a pre game show (which he rarely does).

But Quirk... Quirk is horrible. I don't get why MWG is allowing someone who seems unable to learn the rules (and don't give me the whole 'their are so many', it's his JOB at this point) go produce such a high quantity of their flagship videos (40k and 30k make up the VAST majority of their views)

I find it really hard to watch Quirk battle reports.  It's so awkward to watch him fumble through games.  Playing against someone who's playing Mechanicum for the first time didn't help either.

One quick rules question - I've played maybe three games of 6th/7th ed, was there a reason Quirk kept calling/rolling 2+ armor saves in several of those battles? Maybe I missed it, but it seemed that he was forgetting that tactical marines had 3+ armor... I know artificer armor gives a 2+, but he'd roll a handful of dice calling a 2+ save each time.

I like Quirk, he's a pleasant enough guy but his batreps can't be taken seriously a lot of the time.

As for Steve, I like him as well and he's a good player but his batreps feel rushed or half-assed and he's a Heavy Breather!

Hey Everyone,

MWG Josh here.  I like to drop into these threads every once in a while to see how it is going.

BadDice I will take a pretty good rating!

If anyone ever wants to get a hold of me you can always shoot me a PM on here or an email at Josh@miniwargaming.com  I find every time I do this I get at least one or two good contacts who really help me step my game up.

Ave Dominus Nox

Josh 

That one was pretty good. Really close and I didn't catch any rules issues. That EC contemptor mortis was one big mother:cusser. Goes to show that if you ignore those guys they can do some serious work.

That one was pretty good. Really close and I didn't catch any rules issues. That EC contemptor mortis was one big mother:cusser. Goes to show that if you ignore those guys they can do some serious work.

On the other hand it's frustrating to see castellax with more wounds that dreadnought's have hullpoints, AND never suffer any adversities when damaged.

The contrast between vehicles and MC's are rather glaring.

Archived