Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

I guess the biggest mistake I spotted was having Volkite Terror Squads but having them hang back and Camp Objectives.

It meant that there was quite a bit of firepower that didn't really do anything all game.

That and the Curze unit thinning a squad down with Shooting. Preferably they wouldn't have shot the squad they ended up charging and hoped that they didnt 100% Murder Them so that they could hit and run on the Eldar Players Turn and Slingshot into his Backfield and murder what was found there More or less dodging the Avatar and Wraithlord.

Hey folks, 

I will admit this is far from my best game.  I will not go into explicit detail but I am not happy with my performance at all.  Anyways any critique is always welcome so feel free to get in touch with me at josh@miniwargaming.com

I really do enjoy 30K quite a bit but it is tough to find any Legionary opponents so if anyone is ever interested in coming in or if you know anyone interested please let me know!

Cheers,

Josh 

Hey folks, 

I will admit this is far from my best game.  I will not go into explicit detail but I am not happy with my performance at all.  Anyways any critique is always welcome so feel free to get in touch with me at josh@miniwargaming.com

I really do enjoy 30K quite a bit but it is tough to find any Legionary opponents so if anyone is ever interested in coming in or if you know anyone interested please let me know!

Cheers,

Josh 

Oh, its definitely an uphill battle when you've got 4-5 units to an opponents 8+ at times @_@

Ha! I will admit my favourite so far was the solar auxilia salamander alliance v alphas

Hmmm I would like to see some other armies though drum something up guys like white scars v Emperors Children

I absolutely love seeing the beautiful miniwargaming legions arrayed for battle! If you guys start running more 30k, I will definitely consider becoming a vault member

I think the main limiting factor for them producing more vids is: Players and, due to a lack of those, Time since that usually means they have to play against themselves.

So if any of you have the inclination to go visit them to help make more or these and get the ball rolling faster msn-wink.gif

I know I'd love to hop on down I just lack the time to set aside for a trip.

One day I do actually plan to visit MWG, and I want to take my army.

It's a long, long way from the UK to Canada to lug those minis around, however!

I, for one, am glad Quirk won the game, finally!

Though a few points that got me:

• Fulmentarus: While Outflanking the Fulmentarus paid off rather well, Infiltrating them outside of any potential charge ranges and starting them on the board T1, I feel, would have been much more beneficial. An extra turn of shooting either Frag Missiles (Re-rolling Armor Saves because of Void Hardened) to pile on wounds (he was pretty clumped up at points) or Krak Missiles for 10 BS5 Preferred Enemy S8 Ap3 Missiles to deny FNP and Armor Saves vs his non-Ogryns would have been nice. With a 2+ Armor Save and no real Ap2 Shooting outside of the Vanquishers, he would have gotten the save anyways. And making the most out of that 48" Range, he could have avoided having to roll a few more armor saves like vs the Volkites (15"). The Overwatch with them though was the only big mistake that got me tongue.png

• Starting Alpharius on the Board: A very strong option. The amount of re-rolled ones was pretty insane. Still, would have preferred him to have moved T1. His S3 Guns weren't going to do much outside of miraculous rolling anyways and with a 2+/4++, T6 and IWND, chances are he would have been fine. He also has a Plasma Blaster which I think Quirk forgot about? Not a big deal but could have been useful.

• Dynat being solo: I would have liked him to have been with the Fulmentarus. The Gift of hindsight permits us to know that, thanks to Dynats Cognis-Signum, he would have been able to grant them +1BS since he has no shooting weapons to make use of anyways. This would have counteracted the Navigators -1BS. He also grants a re-roll to sweeping advance for LA:AL and Dreadnoughts in your opponents Deployment zone. Otherwise, it would have given him bodies to take hits for if he ever got into combat so that he could swing his thunderhammer for more effective murder instead of the Power Sword since FNP was in play. But this is all very minor, honestly.

• Jetbikes: Against plinky tarpits like Solar Aux Lasrifle Sections, the better option would have been, to me anyways, to make the most out of their 12" move and 36" Range Guns that ignored their armor saves and wounded on a 2+. 6 Bikes with 5 Heavy Bolters is 15 S5 Ap4 shots at 36" with a Plasma Cannons S7 Ap2 3" Blast at the same range vs 2-3 WS4 Ap- Attacks in combat per bike. Outranging the Storm Sections was the name of the game for the jetbikes.

Thats about all that concerned me this game, really. He could have done with taking the ~30 points sunk into auxiliary drives and given some upgrades to his other units like, say, Vexillas to re-roll failed Morale, or a 2nd Plasma Cannon (I would have preferred Volkite but he had no reason to Jink) on his Jetbikes.

Very minor things, really.

Archived