Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

I hate to be That Guy, but I finally quit my subscription with them. They started off strong, but now there are infrequent batreps, and I can't stand that SA army.

Maybe I'm just being facetious, but there has been diminishing returns on these games.

If you were only after the 30k content, sure thats fair enough.

I pretty much watch all their 40k stuff so I get more than my moneys worth in hours of entertainment.

Cant stop you from unsubbing however :p

I think the main problem for their 30k Batreps is the lack of 30k players. It might seem like a prettt huge following online when you amalgamate all the peeps on the brakeless Heresy Train across all continents and countries but how many of those know of MWG? And how many of those would/could go down to Welland Ontario to play a few games?

Certainly narrows the numbers substantially and at some point you just have to deal with what youve got.

So while the SA players - as nice and fun of an opponent he was - army was unfinished, I doubt they had enough Studio SA Available to sub in.

Then again, this is all guesswork on my part :p

So yeah, totally get why someone would unsub.

MWG do the best with what they have. Truth is they've chosen to keep their main Base of operation in a small town far away from major population centres.

Their content could really benefit from moving the business elsewhere. Of course, their studio is really great and the content is awesome - especially the Narrative campaigns.

Perhaps as they continue to grow MWG could expand into the UK or USA - A UK/US based studio with it's own content producers and an entirely new pool of potential opponents.

Minor things? His overwatch that killed an ogryn (and denied them a charge) made sure that huge meat bus didn't earn it's points back by at least getting a charge. Aren't fulmentarius cataphractii armor?

But besides that, it was nice to see him run something that WASN'T 'massed sniper will win me the day!' (Not.)

Man, that guy really needed to cut his finger nails. Every time he was rolling dice it was sending me bad hygiene shivers.

Why are they playing with 40k rules? First blood? Objective secured? Line breaker? If they're playing 30k they should put some effort into learning the rules of the system.

Man, that guy really needed to cut his finger nails. Every time he was rolling dice it was sending me bad hygiene shivers.

Why are they playing with 40k rules? First blood? Objective secured? Line breaker? If they're playing 30k they should put some effort into learning the rules of the system.

DoH.....

They may prefers the standard 40k missions. I mean i cant wait to play 30k but id sooner use the 40k force org

The 30k force org does help keep the game in check, but both are fine.

There's little difference between the AoD and combined arms, the biggest change being the 25% limitations on Lord of Wars that keeps things like a Typhon out of small games.

They may prefers the standard 40k missions. I mean i cant wait to play 30k but id sooner use the 40k force org

The 30k force org does help keep the game in check, but both are fine.

There's little difference between the AoD and combined arms, the biggest change being the 25% limitations on Lord of Wars that keeps things like a Typhon out of small games.

Fair enough in my case itd be so i can field Lorgar at 1500 but then again there's a RoW which lets me do that

Lorgar is really great. In 30k you don't really spam psychic powers, but he's really good at casting and doesn't need much support in terms of expanding the dice pool.

It's Heresy for me to say this, but I'd be collected the Word Bearers if not for my Ultras!

Lorgar is really great. In 30k you don't really spam psychic powers, but he's really good at casting and doesn't need much support in terms of expanding the dice pool.

It's Heresy for me to say this, but I'd be collected the Word Bearers if not for my Ultras!

Join usss we have daemons sorcery and cookies oh and the bad ass gal vorbak :p

Pfff who needs daemons when you've got flaying knives. If you've got daemons that can do soemthing flayed skin then I'll consider it.

Slaanesh is probably reasonably proficient at flaying, if you think along the lines the demons are kinda like cenobytes from hellraiser with all the pleasure/pain jazz

• 4 weeks later...

Steve vs Josh 2k of Iron Fire Iron Warriors vs Mechanicum:

Heads up, the Vault Vid that goes with this is a 3k vs 3k game that has Pert and Tormentor opposite a Warhound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived