Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

I watched that one.

ZM Game of NL Terror Assault vs ZM Breacher RoW

Definitely one to watch since...yeah, wasnt expecting that outcome.

As to the Smurfs v. IWs, I think the phosphex is fair as it can be mitigated by using more transports, cover, prioritizing counter battery fire, etc. Steve's list is fluffy enough, it was just poor tactics on the UM player's part.

I want to see Dave v. Steve as all his drop pods will deploy too close for the artillery to be effective.

Having Invictarii footslog is a horribad idea, let alone terminators footslogging.

Also to blame are the game types that they play since no one in any of those games has attempted to go into the enemy deployment zone to get points in any of the three they've played. They should try Onslaught or war of lies - otherwise it'll turn into who can outshoot the other.

Yeah, the post game show they did for that goes into that dilemma steve had more and the UM guy said as much that he just wasnt equipped to deal with phosphex.

I used to like Steve when he played Fantasy, but there's something about him. I'm sure he is a lovely

Blonde though.

I'm surprised they never asked Clarence for a job, as after Ash he was the best hobbyist they ever had in.

We can only assume that they have and he turned them down due to other priorities.

Steve is very aware about his power gameyness in all the things he does especially in relation to MWG where they're mostly casual about lists and stuff.

However, the comment on Sniper being the best rule for the Tac Vets rubbed me the wrong way a bit hahahaha! THEY NEED TO SEE THE MAJESTY OF THE DREADCLAW TANKHUNTER MELTA BOMB VETS!!

The thing is, a Gunline, Artillery Iron Warriors List can be pretty powerful if you optimize it just right and is doubly so when you go up against, say, a Footslogging Force.

Thats pretty much what happened here: Steve had a fun list to play that wasnt particularly nasty, Thomas had one made up of stuff he had at hand that could be played in a coherent force (he said as much and is aware of this).

End result is that Thomas just ate Nuncio'd Templates for days with little-to-no possible recourse to mitigate the damage Steve was able to dish out. If Thomas had Dreadclaws or Land Raiders for his Termies and Suzerians, Pods for his Dreads and either a Pod our Scouting Proteus for his Seekers alongside Combi-Plasmas and this would have been a VEEEERY different game since Steve took Phosphex Shells on his Medusae which meant he no longer had the S10 Ap2 Shells narrowing down his armor busting to his Rapiers w/ Shatter Shells, Havocs and Melta Bombs on the Breachers.

However, with the above in play, his list would have been MUCH smaller though much more capable of driving up and/or dropping down into Steve's Deployment zone and winning the game by scoring points.

I'm maybe 6 minutes into the battle report, and the only comment I have so far is that I feel like primarchs in a 2,000 point game are a bit... much.  I'd rather see 400-500 more points of troops, vehicles, etc, than Alpharius or Night Haunter at that point level. 

/goes back to Youtube

12 minutes in and: the Deployment phase takes quite a bit of time.

But its an interesting mission and deployment method so worth the watch.

See for yourself tongue.png

Edit: I will say, Thank You Josh for catching and correcting Quirks mistakes! Such as the Contemptor hitting on 3's with the Kheres, etc.

Yeah, the Curze Blob with 2+ Cover in the open is VERY nasty.

Quirk really needs to start bringing some Bodies, 2+ saves or use his Alpha Legion Shenanigans to the max and Alpha Strike like theres no tomorrow.

It might also be down to his current collection not being all that large; from what I've seen hes definitely not the one with the most models.

So I finally watched, and there were plenty of opportunities Quirk could have seized...but didn't. When MWG started the heresy and he announced his machinations with the AL, I thought he was going to be top dog...but fell way short.

In this match he should have had Alpharius pop up T1 in the vet squad to start giving everyone preferred enemy, the outflank movement bonuses, and some plasma blaster shots+pale spear attacks in cc. Armillus should've been attached to another squad as well (drop one model off) to give them benefits and a bite in cc.

That contemptor was poorly placed and should've advanced up the field as far as possible to punch Curze as that squad had little to answer it (ok there were Melta bombs, but they'd still be hitting on 4+s).

Someone needs to tell Quirk what a Venator is and slap him. He still adds Lascannons on it and GAVE UP A FRIGGIN TURN OF SHOOTING WITH ALL ITS MAIN GUNS FOR HBs AGAINST A TERROR SQUAD!!!!! :angry:

He could've also stayed 24" away with his vets to not get charged first turn by Curze :facepalm:

It seems like Quirk always forgets he even has an Alpharius model and would be better off with a Typhon. It'd actually be a useful crutch for him.

Also, why doesn't he run coils of the Hydra to get another legion's special unit? I know he mentions the Fulmentarus at the end, but he'll, he could run nearly anything with better effect.

Sorry for the rant, but his lack of intelligent gameplay is irksome.

I will say the Vault Rep that went along with this one Mechanicum (josh) vs EC (guest) was much less of a one-sided slaughterfest.

I will say the Vault Rep that went along with this one Mechanicum (josh) vs EC (guest) was much less of a one-sided slaughterfest.

It was a superb match up though I...

Thought the EC would win :(

A few mistakes were made such as a CC Leviathan without a Pod but yeah, it was close; shouldn't have split the Spartan Deathball so early. Should've just risked a multicharge.

Archived