[WIP] Captains heresy log: new wb herald wip p4

captainblow

I love the Word Bearer, what's the plan for your WB? Because a command squad of Gal Vorbak-esque troops in Tartaros armour would be incredible.

Thanks man, I'm happy you like him.

For the Word Bearers I've got some stuff: 2x 10 tacs in rhinos, 10 gal vorbak in a spartan. A bunch of hq's, maybe a leviathan. And a bunch more I must be forgetting.

But I'm having a hard time trying to add the demonic, without overdoing it. Don't think I got the sculpting skills that are required to make a gal'vorbak like tartaros squad though haha.

So I had this idea of the WB herald standing on an UM banner..

A little piece of plasticard and some paint later I've got this:

24861180902_4a6236812a_z.jpg

24861181202_7ae9b2f787_z.jpg

I was a bit sloppy with the mask it seems so I'll have to do either some cleaning up or weathering on the UM symbol, but I'm happy with it so far.

Thought i'd share it smile.png

Right, 

Did some work on the banner, screwed up and not happy:

24957522306_1f408d3bcd_z.jpg

Did some work on the armour:

24690397280_0897e798ef_z.jpg

24959601896_9ef313c354_z.jpg

Still needs a wash, I'm thinking black, and then maybe do some edge highlights.

Not sure if I want to keep this shade of red, opinions/ideas?

The candles rock though right? Been a pain in the ass to get the wicks in haha.

That banner bearer looks amazing. I'm sure the flat space on that armor makes painting script fantastic!

Thanks man, but I'm not happy with the banner tbh. Trying to strip it using Isopropyl Alcohol right now, hope it won't take long too long cause I got something cool planned for it.

I haven't freehanded any script btw, everything you see is transfers smile.png

I took step by step pictures of the metallic red btw if you want to see them Rayray.

edit:

Stripping paint with IPA works better than I thought, banner is done:

24952312591_8fc28b1f98_z.jpg

Edit 2:

Wip on the banner:

25020833856_023b61bcc1_z.jpg

I want to add a bunch of bloodspatter on it, maybe some more weathering.

Any ideas?

Awesome models, but the old banner was f*cking awesome and the new one is done good, but boring. Sorry. But its your army of course. Would have loved to have such a centerpiece herald with the old banner, would have been a reason to start WB for me.

The herald is almost done

Need to think of a colour to use for the dirt on the base. Do some weathering powders, and some blood on the UM banner etc.

24954485512_0a2072d3c5_z.jpg

25046270586_f505849478_z.jpg

Had some bad luck with this guy today, broke off his arm, bent the kneeplate and some more of that kind of stuff. edit: bent the banner pole :(

Quite gorgeous, although the other, more intricate banner was stupendously cool. Still looks amazing, just thought the overwrought banner might've been more in keeping with the style of the religious nutters, this one looks simplistic and pragmatic, more like an Iron Warriors banner in some way?

Still respect the choice though :)

Quite gorgeous, although the other, more intricate banner was stupendously cool. Still looks amazing, just thought the overwrought banner might've been more in keeping with the style of the religious nutters, this one looks simplistic and pragmatic, more like an Iron Warriors banner in some way?

Still respect the choice though :)

Colours already fit, just misses the hazard stripes right? :p

You aren't the first to comment on that, and I have to say I agree more and more. Even though I won't be changing this one it's something to keep in mind for the future. Chaos warshipping madmen don't always do the practical thing.

Thanks!

Yeah. It is very well done.

Fantastic work mate!

Thanks mate!

Have to get that Blood Angel done this week for march of the legions, so with any luck somepics will be up for the weekend.

They're look great for the filthy heretics they are..... I personally preferred the other more intricate banner but I do love the impaled corpse. Much better than putting a noble ultramarines helmet up there.

Did you free hand the banners and colchisian runes?

They're look great for the filthy heretics they are..... I personally preferred the other more intricate banner but I do love the impaled corpse. Much better than putting a noble ultramarines helmet up there.

Did you free hand the banners and colchisian runes?

Thanks dude. Nothing is freehanded, the runes are the FW transfers, banners I airbrushed. I wish I could frehand worth a damn haha.

Heralds can't have terminator armor, but I'd say you have a very good standard bearer for a terminator command squad.

Yeah so it seems, bummer. But not much lost in the end, as originally he was going to be a command squad banner bearer anyhow.

Only when I learned of the herald consul, I figured why not.

Glad you guys like it :)

Archived